Non CW of the Day

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by Qubo »

New addition. Great finish to already a very nice couple of days. Sun, a glass of wine and a new watch!
IMG_E3484.JPG
IMG_E3486.JPG
IMG_E3487.JPG
IMG_E3489.JPG
IMG_E3485.JPG
IMG_E3491.JPG
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^ very smart BB58. :thumbup:

Be interested in your views once you have had it a week or so.
34CFC474-BCF5-4AD2-ABF3-B7267A5D08C8.jpeg
Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

A change for Sunday evening. c. 1966 Longines for Pidduck...

D765EE48-8513-4D6E-984F-352A96BD9EE4.jpeg
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:21 pm Not quite perhaps what the English brothers had in mind, but then if Milanese Mesh are good enough for Breitling then why not Bremont

Looks decent enough; doesn't it?

Guy
Guy, I'm beginning to think those mesh bracelets add a touch of class to nearly everything they touch. :thumbup:
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

Old picture, please excuse the wrong date.
IMG_3037.jpeg
Best regards,
John
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Qubo »

Put it on an olive drab suede strap. Such a beautiful sheen the case has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Qubo »

What you see is what you get: industrial and highly accurate movement for the BB58.

ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

Old pic but same day at least …

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Qubo wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:32 pm What you see is what you get: industrial and highly accurate movement for the BB58.
Very nice watch and interesting photos. I like the dial colour, it looks almost grey? And the brushed case finish which is distinctively different from the other polished BB58’s.

Interesting markings on the rear of the lugs. Ag925/Al suggests a silver/aluminium alloy; Tudor also use Al in their bronze alloys to moderate the level of patination, I wonder if that’s the idea here to temper the tarnishing of the silver?

Also there are marks on the other three lugs, are these hallmarks?
Tim
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Qubo »

timor54 wrote:
Qubo wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:32 pm What you see is what you get: industrial and highly accurate movement for the BB58.
Very nice watch and interesting photos. I like the dial colour, it looks almost grey? And the brushed case finish which is distinctively different from the other polished BB58’s.

Interesting markings on the rear of the lugs. AG925/Al suggests a silver/aluminium alloy; Tudor also use Al in their bronze alloys to moderate the level of patination, I wonder if that’s the idea here to temper the tarnishing of the silver?

Hall marks and Tudor roses. Will see if and how the case will tarnish. I personally don’t think it will but will tone instead. The material is obviously much softer compared to 316 stainless steel.

Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Non CW of the Day

Post by Qubo »

timor54 wrote:

Interesting markings on the rear of the lugs. Ag925/Al suggests a silver/aluminium alloy; Tudor also use Al in their bronze alloys to moderate the level of patination, I wonder if that’s the idea here to temper the tarnishing of the silver?

It resembles grey. Google “Coventry gray” and at Benjamin Moore (the paint people) you will see something very similar if not identical. Taupe they call it at Tudor.

timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Qubo wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:48 pm
timor54 wrote:

Interesting markings on the rear of the lugs. AG925/Al suggests a silver/aluminium alloy; Tudor also use Al in their bronze alloys to moderate the level of patination, I wonder if that’s the idea here to temper the tarnishing of the silver?

Hall marks and Tudor roses. Will see if and how the case will tarnish. I personally don’t think it will but will tone instead. The material is obviously much softer compared to 316 stainless steel.

Be careful then with your springbar tool!

I’ve just taken off my NF and compared its exhibition caseback to yours. The movements are very different in mechanical design, the NF is more open with stuff to see and a two part base plate; I guess the BB58 is probably 3-4 design generations further on and they’ve learnt stuff.
Tim
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Qubo »

timor54 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:04 pm
Qubo wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:48 pm
timor54 wrote:

Be careful then with your springbar tool!

I’ve just taken off my NF and compared its exhibition caseback to yours. The movements are very different in mechanical design, the NF is more open with stuff to see and a two part base plate; I guess the BB58 is probably 3-4 design generations further on and they’ve learnt stuff.
What they told me is that although the movement in the BB 925 is coded differently, it's the same as in the BB58 balk or blue albeit on a larger base plate to make it present a little larger because of the display case back.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

A Seamaster sort of a day...
OMEGA Seamaster Bond 02.JPG
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Speedy at work today...

BDAB78BE-D9E6-401E-92E9-C5CB2BD184C4.jpeg
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)