If you think that's bad....

A place to discuss other watch-brands
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

If you think that's bad....

Post by StrapMeister »

...with regards to warranty repair times!
I bought a brand new watch (Anonimo Nautilo Classic) from H. S. Johnson in their sale which, upon receipt, had a fault - a problem with the crown stem not going back in properly - felt like it was springy and wouldn't engage into the keyless mechanism properly.
The first email with regards to this was sent to H. S. Johnson on the 15th June 2021.
I was advised by H. S. Johnson that it needed to be sent directly to the Anonimo UK repair center for a warranty repair.
It was sent RMSD before 4pm on the 17th June 2021.
The repair center received it on the 18th June - I knew this by checking the tracking.
However, at no point has the repair center contacted me in any shape or form either then, upon receipt, or now (They had my address, email address and mobile number).
I've had to chase things up with H. S. Johnson, who I might add have been very helpful, BUT...
Over 3 months down the line and I'm still waiting!
:censored: to say that I'm not very happy would be an understatement :grumble:
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: If you think that's bad....

Post by 0uatiOW »

Sad to report that I can beat that.

My Tudor GMT went back to St James under warranty for a skipping date wheel & arrived back 7 weeks later badly scratched on the lugs, sides and caseback. It was returned “fastracked” for polishing, which took another 8 weeks. Not a word of an apology, just a note “We have repaired your watch”.

One year later, the issue resurfaced during lockdown, and I was not able to send it in until my warranty had expired.

Fortunately, Tudor replaced the watch with a brand new piece (5 years warranty now). I sold it the next day.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

0uatiOW wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:34 am I sold it the next day.
I guess Tudor will not be counting you amongst their loyal evangelists...... :problem:
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Apparently that was a common fault on the Tudor GMTs.

Well I've been waiting 13 weeks and counting!
The watch was Brand New when it was sent to them (not a mark anywhere, including the bracelet - I have photographic proof as well) so if it comes back with the slightest mark on it I'm going to hit the f :censored: g roof!

Infact, I'm contemplating sending a polite but strongly worded complaint to Anonimo directly as this length of wait time is, in my mind, completely unacceptable.
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

StrapMeister wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:22 pm Apparently that was a common fault on the Tudor GMTs.
Yes it was, on the early releases - Tudor never admitted it though, said it was due to over-lubrication. If that we’re true, it wouldn’t recur a year later. I actually use it as a reminder that in-house-movements present a risk, especially when they are freshly-baked.
StrapMeister wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:22 pm Well I've been waiting 13 weeks and counting!
The watch was Brand New when it was sent to them (not a mark anywhere, including the bracelet - I have photographic proof as well) so if it comes back with the slightest mark on it I'm going to hit the f :censored: g roof!

Infact, I'm contemplating sending a polite but strongly worded complaint to Anonimo directly as this length of wait time is, in my mind, completely unacceptable.
The retailer is accountable so you would be justified in requesting a refund if that would be acceptable to you, or submit a Section 75 claim under the Consumer Credit Act. If, however, you particularly want the watch back (I wouldn’t blame you because some of the Anonimo pieces are rather nice) then you don’t have much choice but to wait. A politely worded chaser might refocus their minds, so worth doing.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

0uatiOW wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:37 pm
StrapMeister wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:22 pm Well I've been waiting 13 weeks and counting!

The retailer is accountable so you would be justified in requesting a refund if that would be acceptable to you, or submit a Section 75 claim under the Consumer Credit Act. If, however, you particularly want the watch back (I wouldn’t blame you because some of the Anonimo pieces are rather nice) then you don’t have much choice but to wait. A politely worded chaser might refocus their minds, so worth doing.
Problem/Dilemma I have is that I really like the watch and would rather keep it.
Plus I got it for a very, very good price so I wouldn't want a refund, rather a replacement.
So, I guess I just have to sit tight and wait.
I will, at some point, be contacting Anonimo Customer Services directly to express my displeasure with their UK repair center.

EDIT:
Just got the following reply from H.S. Johnson from the Repair Center:
Tearing my hair out with this one! The parts were held in customs and only the brand (that takes ages to reply) could sort it with the courier.

The good news is the repair is now done and will ship back on Monday.
[-o<
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

^^^ Great news. I hope it’s to your complete satisfaction.
Steve.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Quick Update:
14 weeks and 1 day later and I have it back - it arrived this morning :D
The watch, I'm pleased to report, is in the same mint condition as when I sent it and the repair seems to have been done to a very high standard - all working and functioning as it should - Hoorah! :thumbup:
These users thanked the author StrapMeister for the post:
Thermexman