Holiday watches

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Holiday watches

Post by Bounce »

Tough decision to make, but these 2 made the cut for my holiday. 8)
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Holiday watches

Post by Richard D »

I’ve booked a holiday for June 22, it will be my first holiday in 3 years. The watch that I will take with me is probably still just a sketch.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Bounce wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:06 pm Tough decision to make, but these 2 made the cut for my holiday. 8)
This pics show the watches off beautifully! Enjoy your holiday.
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Great pics of your watches!

I see no offset on the GMT, so unless you’re being lazy my mind says either Portugal or the Canary Islands. Whatever, that beach looks fantastic. Enjoy the rest of the holiday.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Bounce
Guru
Guru

Post by Bounce »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:04 am Great pics of your watches!

I see no offset on the GMT, so unless you’re being lazy my mind says either Portugal or the Canary Islands. Whatever, that beach looks fantastic. Enjoy the rest of the holiday.
Well spotted, the Algarve. :D
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

I'd say that's 2 excellent Holiday watches :thumbup:
Amor Vincit Omnia

I hope the OP doesn’t mind my expanding the scope of this thread. My decision is made. One of the qualities of a GADA/GODO watch is that it covers all bases on a trip. Taking other watches kind of defeats the objective. Besides, I love travelling light and I’ve learned from experience that I can do perfectly well with just one watch on a holiday. I really don’t want the hassle and risk of taking extra watches through airport security and putting them in bedroom safes.

The Meistersinger, along with all my other valuable watches, is now in my strong box at the local jewellers. The Sealander GMT gets the nod for the trip – that was always going to be the case. It’s robust enough to do pool and beach duty, and smart enough for the reasonably casual restaurants we will be visiting. It’s all I need.
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Bounce
Guru
Guru

Post by Bounce »

I must say it was a very difficult decision, for the last month it was going to be my Panerai GMT & my Speedy.
Just before I left it all changed to these 2, don’t ask me why it just did. 😀
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Bounce wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:34 pm I must say it was a very difficult decision…
I can empathise.

I started this thread before going to the Algarve in 2014. Makes interesting reading now.

Back then, at the stage I was at with watch collecting, which watches to take on holiday seemed to be the most important question. To be honest, I’m much happier with where I stand today.
Steve

Bounce
Guru
Guru

Post by Bounce »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:15 pm
Bounce wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:34 pm I must say it was a very difficult decision…
I can empathise.

I started this thread before going to the Algarve in 2014. Makes interesting reading now.

Back then, at the stage I was at with watch collecting, which watches to take on holiday seemed to be the most important question. To be honest, I’m much happier with where I stand today.
Some great watches you chose there, but 5, wow you really couldn’t decide could you. :lol: :lol:
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Noush »

Good holiday choices! Enough variety to follow the whim of the moment, no more.

Holiday? Australia is totally isolated, even between States. Weekends = solitary confinement to reward you for a hard week's work. Grrr...
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
Bounce
Guru
Guru

Post by Bounce »

Noush wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:28 am Good holiday choices! Enough variety to follow the whim of the moment, no more.

Holiday? Australia is totally isolated, even between States. Weekends = solitary confinement to reward you for a hard week's work. Grrr...
I feel for you, I remember how it was here not so long ago, I couldn’t even go & visit my son & daughter in law 5 miles away :(

Hopefully we will not have to go back to that, that’s why we are enjoying our first hol in 2 years. :D
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Bounce wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:41 pm

Some great watches you chose there, but 5, wow you really couldn’t decide could you. :lol: :lol:
I remember my first ever singles holiday, many years ago. Landing at Tenerife airport and finding our meeting point, there were about 10 of us travelling to the hotel in a minibus. One young lady had an enormous and very overweight suitcase which a couple of us had to manhandle into the bus (the diminutive girl who was driving would never have managed it).

A couple of days later we were talking about packing, and this lady said that she had had to pay quite a lot extra for her overweight case. She explained that she had brought 14 pairs of shoes. On a seven night trip.

It certainly made me think, but I realised that I was going that way with watches. Finding out that I could take just one watch on a two week trip was quite liberating when I eventually did it.

Going on pilgrimage across Spain in 2011 really taught me a few things about packing light. Whatever you take on that trip you are going to carry on your back for several weeks. I take far less with me now than I used to.
Steve

Bounce
Guru
Guru

Post by Bounce »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:02 am
Bounce wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:41 pm

I remember my first ever singles holiday, many years ago. Landing at Tenerife airport and finding our meeting point, there were about 10 of us travelling to the hotel in a minibus. One young lady had an enormous and very overweight suitcase which a couple of us had to manhandle into the bus (the diminutive girl who was driving would never have managed it).

A couple of days later we were talking about packing, and this lady said that she had had to pay quite a lot extra for her overweight case. She explained that she had brought 14 pairs of shoes. On a seven night trip.

It certainly made me think, but I realised that I was going that way with watches. Finding out that I could take just one watch on a two week trip was quite liberating when I eventually did it.

Going on pilgrimage across Spain in 2011 really taught me a few things about packing light. Whatever you take on that trip you are going to carry on your back for several weeks. I take far less with me now than I used to.
I normally only take 2 watches with me on holiday, my last holiday 2 years ago to St Lucia I took my BB GMT & my Seiko Kinetic Diver in case we ventured out to any areas off the beaten track so to speak.

My suitcase is normally quite near the weight limit. 😀
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Bounce wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:31 am My suitcase is normally quite near the weight limit. 😀
Mine is usually nowhere near. Jet2 has a very generous 22 kg baggage allowance, but I’ll be going with my smaller suitcase and probably no more than about 14 kg. It helps that the place is very casual, so mainly shorts and T-shirts, and swimmies of course. The little shop next door to the hotel does fantastic olive oil based shower gels and stuff, so I take hardly anything with me in that line. My indulgence is snazzy shirts, but they don’t weigh much; I spent a long time ironing them yesterday. I used to take several books but now I just take a Kindle.

When I go to Cyprus at Christmas I usually take about 18 kg in the larger case. The weather isn’t so warm and the hotel has a smart casual dress code at dinner, so a jacket and some chinos will go in the case.
Steve