Regulation recommendation

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Timishere
Expert
Expert

Regulation recommendation

Post by Timishere »

Hi All

Can anyone recommend a watch maker/horologist in the London area who can regulate automatic watches? I have an old Tag Heuer that is running somewhat slow. I want to have it looked at if possible (as distinct from a complete service).

Thanks
Tim
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Regulation recommendation

Post by H0rati0 »

As an old watch, it will almost certainly not be possible to regulate without first servicing it unless you have already had it stripped and cleaned recently?
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Have a look here.

Perhaps one is near you.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Timishere
Expert
Expert

Post by Timishere »

Thanks both. The watch is maybe 20 years old, but never really been worn. I will take a look at that link, Kip
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Timishere wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:53 pm Thanks both. The watch is maybe 20 years old, but never really been worn. I will take a look at that link, Kip
By now the oils have either congealed or evaporated both causing poor time keeping. This will happen regardless of wear time.

I am sure they will suggest a full cleaning and service. Only stating this because the price will be higher than just a regulation.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Timishere
Expert
Expert

Post by Timishere »

rkovars wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:03 pm
Timishere wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:53 pm Thanks both. The watch is maybe 20 years old, but never really been worn. I will take a look at that link, Kip
By now the oils have either congealed or evaporated both causing poor time keeping. This will happen regardless of wear time.

I am sure they will suggest a full cleaning and service. Only stating this because the price will be higher than just a regulation.
Thank you. Its all good information for me.