Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Bremont Project Possible

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Following comments in the non CW of the day thread, I thought I'd open a separate topic on my Bremont Project Possible.

iain wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:36 pm When did this happen? I must have missed it but that’s an excellent looking watch.
Probably prompted by our recent discussions relating to a potential visit to Bremont's 'The Wing', I received a message from a #GreatEnabler Forum Member on Thursday morning, whilst out walking my dog, about this as an ex-display model from Jura @ 25% off.

It gnawed at me, so rang Jura to ask about the strap as I'd prefer an 'L'. Strap was 'R' but not crucial. Logged onto my Laptop when I got home and bought it. Took less than an hour and very much unplanned! It arrived yesterday.

Definitely ex-display as the strap has tell tale signs of being used, the plastic wrapper has clearly been removed and reapplied a few times, and the case needed a light clean. Notwithstanding this you'd be hard pressed to tell it is not brand new.

I'm well pleased and chuffed to bits, plus being completely satisfied with the service from Jura.

Its a model that I've considered buying several times since its release in 2019 but not had the right set of circumstances. It simply has an amazing spec and awesome backstory celebrating the ascent of Everest and the world's thirteen other tallest peaks, all over 8,000 metres, by Nirmal 'Nims' Purja MBE within seven months. Gives me goosebumps everytime time I think of it.

#ProjectPossible.

ajax87 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:39 pm I’ve never cared for any Bremont I’ve ever seen. I’ve never cared for blob markers. I’ve never liked those bulbous style hands.

So why do I like this watch so much? It’s really stunning, Guy. :thumbup:
I think its a case of everything just hanging together so well, Alex. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Titanium case, 500M WR, Bronze Bezel, Gold hands and markers, unique motif on the dial, engraved rotor plus, as I've mentioned above, an awesome backstory.

As the Bremont 'R' strap at 75mm/115mm is shorter than my preference and make the watch sit in the wrong place around my wrist, away from me, I've put it on a Slim Vintage Green leather from Martu that I've had sitting, yet to be used, in one of my strap boxes for a couple of months (having forgotten which watch I actually ordered it for. #-o #-o

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Bremont Project Possible

Post by Mikkei4 »

I think it's a stunning looking watch, love the dial and bezel colour and it goes so well with the bronze. The 1 aspect that I'm not sure about is the look of the crown guard but it is what it is.

25% off is great value.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Awesome! I’ve never seen or heard of this model before, but could tell it was something special. Wouldn’t work for me at 43mm, but still very cool and the backstory makes it even cooler.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Well done.jpg
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Well done, I do like a nice Bremont.

One thing I did always find strange about this watch though. Nims climbed the mountains wearing a white S300, but Bremont then chose a completely different model to use as the base for the LE to celebrate the event. I’m surprised they didn’t make an LE out of the S300 instead.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Here’s the story of his achievements.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/bremont- ... mal-purja/
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

Congratulations Guy, that is marvellous. I’m a big fan of Bremont as you know, and I think the S500 range is the perfect size for the average wrist 7-ish inches +/- a bit either size, and Bremont’s S500 LEs are always positively interesting in their design.

The bronze bezel really pops, and works really very with that tone of blue. Is that a sapphire bezel insert or a highly-polished ceramic? Either way, looks terrific.

^ I’m with @iain, wondering why Bremont chose the S500 base instead of the S300 base - at the time there were no GMTs in the S300 line). It doesn’t detract from the fact that it’s a superb execution.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Very nice Guy, I do like the 500 range just a bit big for me, enjoy :clap:
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

Absolutely stunning. Very many congrats.
Yet another one from your collection I want..!!!
Bahnstormer_vRS

On the S300 vs S500 debate, maybe Bremont wanted a statement piece to follow on from the Terra Nova, which morphed into the Endurance and then the Project Possible?

On the bezel being Sapphire or Ceramic? Simply; I don't know, and I can't find anything on Bremont's website.

Looking at it, it could be either.

Guy

downer

Post by downer »

Congratulations, Guy. It's a wonderful watch. Bloody lovely, in fact.
Richard
Bahnstormer_vRS

Dickchins wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:22 pm Absolutely stunning. Very many congrats.
Yet another one from your collection I want..!!!
It appears that Jura may have had more than one ex-display. :-k :-k

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/products/ ... t-possible

Guy

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Congratulations Guy, it looks rather good. :thumbup:

You beat me to it with your post above. I was just about to post that Jura have another one in stock at the same price.

A fantastic achievement with the climb. Although as others have said releasing a watch that played no part in the event does seem strange (or should that be “seems a very Bremontish thing to do :)).

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:27 pm On the S300 vs S500 debate, maybe Bremont wanted a statement piece to follow on from the Terra Nova, which morphed into the Endurance and then the Project Possible?

On the bezel being Sapphire or Ceramic? Simply; I don't know, and I can't find anything on Bremont's website.

Looking at it, it could be either.
Guy
Nice watch there, Guy. Picked up at a healthy discount too. According to the website - the Project impossible link - the bezel insert is ceramic. That blue and bronze is quite the success story.

Des :D
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Bounce »

Great pick up, I have the S500 blue & it is my most worn watch for the last 18 months, enjoy.
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.