Incoming - ‘Exit Watch’ is here!

A place to discuss other watch-brands
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Incoming - ‘Exit Watch’ is here!

Post by tikkathree »

So I thought "what the flip's an exit watch when it's at home? So I thought I'd read on.

Then I read MissF saying "I’m 50 in a couple of years".

I'm sorted now: an exit watch is something for young people to trouble themselves over.

I might be mailshotted by SAGA but I'm sure as hell not ready for werthers originals and crimplene slacks.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

tikkathree wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:47 pm
I'm sorted now: an exit watch is something for young people to trouble themselves over.

I might be mailshotted by SAGA but I'm sure as hell not ready for werthers originals and crimplene slacks.
:lol: :lol:
I will never be ready for crimplene!

For me ‘exit’ is nothing to do with age, but with reaching a point where I choose to bow out of being acquisitional so I can preserve what’s left of my savings for other projects. I’m finding it to be a natural place to arrive at - I’ve become better at narrowing down what I do and don’t like in watches, and find fewer and fewer that I want to own. Over the years I’ve found time and again that having too many watches just gives me angst. So beyond this upcoming cull there won’t be any more build-up again - I now own the sorts of watches I’d have been blown away by when I first started out. I’ve found my one-watch and that watch comes with a few wing-women!

But all of that being said, I reserve the right (and took it) to bow out with the purchase of one last exceptional watch - THAT is what an exit watch is to me :thumbup: :D
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

I guess my exit watch will be on my wrist when the following is uttered; is no more. He has ceased to be. Bereft of life, he rests in peace. He's kicked the bucket, hopped the twig, bit the dust, snuffed it, breathed his last, and gone to meet the great Head of Light Entertainment in the sky.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ A little touch of the Norwegian Blues?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Wis »

Wow, that look stunning on your wrist Lindsey! Congrats! Ebel is a (the only?) brand that has almost organic lines in their designs. Very distinct and cool. And the big date is the cherry on top.
Bjørn
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Well Lindsey a nice clean dial, with funky applied numerals, a non standard slim case shape with screws, an Ebel at their best bracelet and a well executed big date. Lots of good stuff there! :thumbup:

Congratulations.

Chuck will give appropriate guidance on which Ebel to look out for next. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

missF wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:38 pm
:lol: :lol:
I will never be ready for crimplene!

For me ‘exit’ is nothing to do with age, but with reaching a point where I choose to bow out of being acquisitional so I can preserve what’s left of my savings for other projects. I’m finding it to be a natural place to arrive at - I’ve become better at narrowing down what I do and don’t like in watches, and find fewer and fewer that I want to own. Over the years I’ve found time and again that having too many watches just gives me angst. So beyond this upcoming cull there won’t be any more build-up again - I now own the sorts of watches I’d have been blown away by when I first started out. I’ve found my one-watch and that watch comes with a few wing-women!

But all of that being said, I reserve the right (and took it) to bow out with the purchase of one last exceptional watch - THAT is what an exit watch is to me :thumbup: :D
Oh I went there once. :shock: :shock: I guess I wasn't quite ready at the time.
Could I do it now, this week? Select just one watch like some Norse warrior laid to rest with his axe and sell the rest? Possibly.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:51 pm ^^^ A little touch of the Norwegian Blues?
Correct, somehow the title of the thread sent my mind there. Confirms I’m weird.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

nbg wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:02 am
Chuck will give appropriate guidance on which Ebel to look out for next. :)
I can’t even reply by telling you how resolute I am on the exit thing! :lol: Time will have to tell... :D
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Enjoy.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Lindsey. You will need to sever all ties with this forum, you know. The temptation will be too great otherwise. :)
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

JAFO wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:19 pm Lindsey. You will need to sever all ties with this forum, you know. The temptation will be too great otherwise. :)
That’s so true!! Trouble is I really like it here, and still enjoy seeing what new watches are around the place. I agree it’s going to be tough! :lol:
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

missF wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:49 pm
JAFO wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:19 pm Lindsey. You will need to sever all ties with this forum, you know. The temptation will be too great otherwise. :)
That’s so true!! Trouble is I really like it here, and still enjoy seeing what new watches are around the place. I agree it’s going to be tough! :lol:
Very nice Lindsey. (But I'll give you a month :lol: and something else very sexy will grab your interest)
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

stefs wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:49 am Very nice Lindsey. (But I'll give you a month :lol: and something else very sexy will grab your interest)
Planning a trip to Edinburgh, Paul? :lol:

Seriously, I thought I was moving towards an exit watch and though I’m very satisfied with what I have at the moment, a couple of things are not quite right. I’m considering a few other possibles at the moment.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:03 am
stefs wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:49 am Very nice Lindsey. (But I'll give you a month :lol: and something else very sexy will grab your interest)
Planning a trip to Edinburgh, Paul? :lol:

Seriously, I thought I was moving towards an exit watch and though I’m very satisfied with what I have at the moment, a couple of things are not quite right. I’m considering a few other possibles at the moment.
Such as?.. :-k
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..