Bremont to open 3 new 'boutiques'...

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Bremont to open 3 new 'boutiques'...

Post by Mikkei4 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:41 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:43 pm Anyhow Guy if you are thinking of going there I'd be happy to join you, it's about 15mins from where I live.

EDIT - Just looked at their website - all tours are presently fully booked so you have to complete an on-line form to be informed of the future availability of dates.
StrapMeister wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:57 pm
As far as a Wing Tour is concerned, if the opportunity arises then it's something definitely worth doing and I would highly recommend it.
A Tour has been requested for a "small group 5 - 10 pers(?) of Bremont Enthusiasts/Owners".

If anyone else is interested, may I suggest you contact me by PM to discuss arrangements etc.

Guy
Thanks Guy, much appreciated.
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

Richard D wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:12 amEdit: a shout for Jacobs, one of the first stores to stock Bremont watches. Well worth a visit. https://jacobsthejewellers.com/
That takes me back. I drove especially to Reading and Jacobs, from further west along the M4, to view Bremont in the flesh. I was smitten and ah, the quality......

But that was back in the days when Bremont didn't discount in the UK. For the U2 Blue, Jacobs offered to throw in a free deployant and then subsequently, a pair of cuff links - Hmmm. I had just retired and managed to avoid wearing the things my entire career - so that didn't go down well.

Then I learnt Bremont couldn't control oversees AD's and sadly Jacobs, Harrods, the Mayfair boutique, Selfridges and Hamilton & Inches, all lost out! :D They're the places I asked for a discount.

By the by, they are also opening a boutique in Shanghai
'Tis me
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Caller wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:27 pm Then I learnt Bremont couldn't control oversees AD's and sadly Jacobs, Harrods, the Mayfair boutique, Selfridges and Hamilton & Inches, all lost out! :D They're the places I asked for a discount.
Likewise, I did ask for a discount on the Victory and was politely told not a hope in hell, but was offered the cuff links too.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

I was back at The Wing today and it was positively ‘buzzing’.

Several people in the showroom / display area, people gathering for the afternoon tour etc.

I collected my ZT/51 which was returned to me in double-quick time after some repair work and picked up a new strap for my 2P.

The quality of service and response times here are so good.

We even got to watch a polo match whilst we there in the large complex next door :)
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
MikeyT100
Senior
Senior

Post by MikeyT100 »

I'd love to spend more time with Bremont models! I'll have to look into this....
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Rather than start another new Bremont thread I thought I’d put this here. Does this latest email from Bremont indicate the release of their first ‘in house, Made in England’ movement does anyone think? It seems to indicate that? It would be a real game changer if it is. From a personal point of view I like the tried and tested, easy serviceable, workhorse movements from ETA/Sellita and see nothing wrong with them being used. However, among the watch community, ‘in house’ movements seem to be important so this could elevate Bremont to get some respect from those who look down on them currently. On the other hand, it could just be another LE release and I’ve read too much into it. What’s people’s thoughts?

C1BDB536-82C5-404E-B1C9-B8E41E8C9108.jpeg
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Received the same email yesterday and RSVP'd to register for the virtual event.
I was thinking exactly the same thoughts as you - new in-house movement.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

StrapMeister wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:56 am Received the same email yesterday and RSVP'd to register for the virtual event.
I was thinking exactly the same thoughts as you - new in-house movement.
I RSVP’d too - could be very interesting.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

TigerChris wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:50 am Rather than start another new Bremont thread I thought I’d put this here. Does this latest email from Bremont indicate the release of their first ‘in house, Made in England’ movement does anyone think? It seems to indicate that? It would be a real game changer if it is.
Sounds like it could be Chris. I'm sure it'll be very expensive if developed in-house, so putting into an LE would make sense to begin with.
An in-house LE also allows them to release a specific quantity to act as a 'controlled' real-world test.

I won't bother signing up as I won't be purchasing, but look forward to seeing what comes out of it.
Ryan
RichM
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by RichM »

After their mess up about in-house movements after their Wright Flyer release they would have to make it absolutely clear this is "in-house". With their move into The Wing now would certainly seem to be the right time. I expect it will be very expensive!! Good luck to them. I'll be looking on with interest (and envy!).
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Caller »

I'll be watching live.
'Tis me