41mm Datejust

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

41mm Datejust

Post by Dickchins »

Ok, so having had this for the last few days, a small update and couple of pics....

Im not giving chapter & verse on it, as I didnt realise the feelings Rolex stir in people! For those that have asked, its the Datejust 41mm with fluted bezel, on the Oyster bracelet. I was surprised to find it has a 72hr power reserve!

The watch itself wears relatively small and would certainly suit smaller than my 7 1/2" wrist. Saying small, it wears totally in proportion to its dimensions if that makes sense...???!!! It obviously wears perfectly under a shirt cuff. To me, the grey sunburst dial is perfect.

I chose the Oyster bracelet over the Jubilee, as it seem to dress it down a bit, and means it wears perfectly with tshirt and jeans. As I dont wear formal wear that often, I saw no mileage in the Jubilee. I bought this to wear almost daily, not to snaffle away and make a profit on. It was a pain to wait for but worth it to not pay the non-AD higher prices.

I love it, but I know some dont. And thats what makes life interesting!!!! :thumbup:

20210808_154201.jpg
20210808_154223.jpg
20210808_154240.jpg
20210808_154256.jpg
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: 41mm Datejust

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Dickchins wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:01 pm
Im not giving chapter & verse on it, as I didnt realise the feelings Rolex stir in people!
Oh, I think you should…never mind what others think! It’s beautiful and it’s also a bit different. Enjoy, wear in good health and please do give us an update when you have lived with it for a little while.

Congratulations on a grail realised. :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

A lovely watch congratulations. I think the dial in real life looks even better than your pics. :thumbup:

Wear it, enjoy it, any scratches and dinks can easily be sorted when the time comes to get it serviced. Albeit you shouldn’t need to worry about getting it serviced until after about 10 years of regular wear.

You will soon get the hang of Rolex ownership and the strong opinions held by many. Water off a ducks back after a while. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dickchins »

^^ many thanks guys.

I kinda gave chapter and verse on the Rolex thread! Certainly more than I ever have, so being a shy kinda guy, thatll do!!

And the 10yr service is a blessing Neil, ill not lie!
I just wish others could see this dial properly as you say. I need Ferg to pop over to Bolton and do a shoot for me :lol:
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Dickchins wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:44 pm I need Ferg to pop over to Bolton and do a shoot for me :lol:
Offer him a Full English Breakfast. He’ll do it.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

That’s beautiful! Thank you for introducing me to a variation I wasn’t familiar with. The green outlined black numbers against the grey dial are a stand out.

To be completely honest, the fluted bezel of some Rolexes has always turned my off. I normally associate them the bimetallic extravaganzas worn by salesmen who talk about “making their nut” for the quarter - think Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross! But on this, it really looks fantastic. My mind has been swayed.

08EA28C1-19BE-41D8-A477-F954DE8A1155.jpeg

More pics please, and how about a lume shot?
Drew
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

I enjoy watching watches tick over, come and go, on the forum. There’s always an incoming to enjoy. But what I enjoy most is the delight of someone who has bought a ‘special’ watch. For me, it doesn’t matter why the watch is special, whether it be an occasion, a serendipity, a long worked for dream or the acquisition of a particular brand. I like enthusiasms and enthusiastic people.

So - enjoy your new watch in good health! :D
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dickchins »

missF wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:01 pm I enjoy watching watches tick over, come and go, on the forum. There’s always an incoming to enjoy. But what I enjoy most is the delight of someone who has bought a ‘special’ watch. For me, it doesn’t matter why the watch is special, whether it be an occasion, a serendipity, a long worked for dream or the acquisition of a particular brand. I like enthusiasms and enthusiastic people.

So - enjoy your new watch in good health! :D

Genuinely thank you so much for noticing. Not that others havent, but I possibly didnt make clear, the feeling of "the watch" is as important to me as the watch itself.... maybe more so. And you clearly get me!
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dickchins »

jkbarnes wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:57 pm That’s beautiful! Thank you for introducing me to a variation I wasn’t familiar with. The green outlined black numbers against the grey dial are a stand out.

To be completely honest, the fluted bezel of some Rolexes has always turned my off. I normally associate them the bimetallic extravaganzas worn by salesmen who talk about “making their nut” for the quarter - think Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross! But on this, it really looks fantastic. My mind has been swayed.

08EA28C1-19BE-41D8-A477-F954DE8A1155.jpeg

More pics please, and how about a lume shot?

The strap dictates the bezel to me on these. I only found that out by making my AD's life a misery messing her about!!!!

Solid 18ct white gold so no discolouration of you get a nick on it. Its as dressy or casual as you want it to be.

Just for you Andrew......

20210808_170945.jpg
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Dickchins wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:10 pm Just for you Andrew......
Ooh, how very interesting. I had just assumed the numerals were lumed.

And by the way, I appreciate the discussion on an oyster vs. jubilee bracelet. I’d never considered the two in those terms, but they make perfect sense.
Drew
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dickchins »

jkbarnes wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:28 pm
Dickchins wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:10 pm Just for you Andrew......
Ooh, how very interesting. I had just assumed the numerals were lumed.

And by the way, I appreciate the discussion on an oyster vs. jubilee bracelet. I’d never considered the two in those terms, but they make perfect sense.

As did I..!
But I actually prefer it being massively understated. Its not trying to be a diver afterall, so it kinda makes sense to me.
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

Very understated lume but all you need.

Congratulations on your purchase :thumbsup:
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Well...as the man responsible for the current Rolex thread doing the rounds, I'd like to congratulate you on your long lusted for purchase. I think the slate grey dial with green outlined numerals is stunning, although I think I would personally have preferred a IX numeral to the baton. I love the fluted bezel and the oyster bracelet, which I think softens what is a really captivating dial. I guess it wears smaller than looks might suggest because of what looks like a quite short L2L. That is a very eye catching watch, Rolex or otherwise. Enjoy in the best of health.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Many a Watch God are raising their ale filled gourds in salute to your fine a$$ pickup..they give it 2 spears up..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Thunder1 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:56 pm Many a Watch God are raising their ale filled gourds in salute to your fine a$$ pickup..they give it 2 spears up..
This cracks me up every time!
Drew