“Robust Elegance” - is this just another way to say GODO?

A place to discuss other watch-brands
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: “Robust Elegance” - is this just another way to say GODO?

Post by TigerChris »

^^^^ Don’t you dare try to tell me that old Nora isn’t elegant - I’m not having it :lol:
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

nbg wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:44 pm I will just leave this here, for those that are struggling with the concept of elegant! :)

One of these two images is, the other most certainly isn’t…

C386448D-B8A3-42E2-AE8A-243A15133A76.jpeg
91881381-B6DB-45F5-8D32-68CC25E25012.jpeg

Neil
I'll take the 1st of those 2 options please and be damned with robust 😁 Although looks can be deceiving and below an elegant exterior can be a tough cookie (possibly temperamental too) as in the case of Audrey!

In reality, Andrew, Chris and Guy have between you got it nailed...
It doesn't matter anymore, wear what you want. Society (and work) is more casual now.
A dress diver or stylish aviator can be as much as a tool watch as the person wants them to be, or wear them happily to most/any formal occasion. Look at Prince William who wears his Omega Seamaster to many events (and I think it maybe the quartz version 😲)
Too posh and it influences the whole dynamic, most of us wouldn't feel comfortable digging a cesspit or building a wall wearing most of the options cited. To me anyway, why would you when you could be wearing a tough but stylish (less expensive) watch, though i accept its all relative.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

It's quite funny how this thread has popped up after I've just purchased a watch using similar criteria.
Not the 2 particular words that Lindsey quoted, but something that could stand up to everyday "stuff", dips in the sea/pool etc, but something that could also work for dressier occasions.
Didn't need to be perfect for formal settings ie. small white dial because I rarely attend anything of the sort, but something that just looked smart.

This fits the brief for me. Dependable SW200 base for ease of maintenance. 200m WR w/screw-down crown.
Good looks to boot. CWF, I present to you, my vision of "Robust Elegance" ... :lol:

Ryan
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ I think that fits the brief nicely, Ryan, without breaking the piggy bank.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England