A place to discuss other watch-brands
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Tudor Poor Customer Service

Post by magicman »

Hello there

Popped in to my local Howdens this morning, and the man serving me, was wearing a Tudor Black Bay.
I spoke to him about it, and he had a bit of a horror story regarding Tudor's Customer Service.
Basically the power reserve wasn't lasting much more than a few hrs, it's the in-house movement, rather than the ETA version.
So he sent it off to Tudor, they said that he must have knocked it, and damaged something.
He showed me the damage they were saying would cause the movement to have become faulty.
A few scratches and a tiny ding by the lug.

He got it back 6 months later after his girlfriend paid to have it serviced, he was refusing to pay for the service and wanted it rectified under the warranty, But she did it anyway.

Seems pretty poor service, considering it's somewhat of a tool watch.

He said he would never buy another Tudor.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
angusbon
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: Tudor Poor Customer Service

Post by angusbon »

I would imagine there are such stories for every single brand out there.
I know Wyatt also had a bad experience with Tudor and felt the same way.
Personally I sent mine back due to a noisy rotor and had a super experience.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Poor customer service, on a luxury item, is a surefire way to lose future custom from that buyer. OTOH, exceptional customer service wins customers back and can generate more sales. Not rocket science but so many companies seem to get it wrong.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Strange second-hand half story to share - how was it damaged? Was it dropped? Whacked? Squashed? Was he a mechanical watch veteran or was it his one watch? Has he tried fully winding it? Is he an active sort of guy? Did he buy it new or from the grey market? How much was the service and what notes did Tudor include/what parts were replaced?

Without much background, it's hard to draw a conclusion that Tudor have "poor customer service" - especially on a forum like this that's very well indexed by Google.

More importantly, did you ask him if he'd checked out the latest CW models to increase his collection and/or encourage to sign up to the forum?
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

^^^ I'm no detective, I was only in there 10 mins, and it was our first meeting, they're more in-depth questions than I would be comfortable asking, and most I wouldn't have thought of.
He did say he bought it new from Frasier Hart, and treated it with care.

I did show him a photo of my C60 Lympstone.
I'll probably take it in, next time I visit, as he seemed quite interested and he had heard of CW, but not seen one in the flesh.
He also wants to see my Tudor BB58, so if I can sell him that, he may offer me a job in Sales, after his dissing of Tudor service.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I was thinking 'strange to slag off a watch manufacturer when you're working in an AD/Jewellers'. :-k :-k

Checked up and found that Howdens are a Trade Kitchen Supplier.

Makes more sense now. :wink: :wink:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

angusbon wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:24 pm I would imagine there are such stories for every single brand out there.
I know Wyatt also had a bad experience with Tudor and felt the same way.
Personally I sent mine back due to a noisy rotor and had a super experience.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Right, mine was a shambles and got scratched to heck on a warranty return. Put me right off. But as he says, Chris @angusbon had a great experience. One of our mutual acquaintances had a ‘mare with his Bremont, whereas I’ve always found them to be excellent.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:30 pm I was thinking 'strange to slag off a watch manufacturer when you're working in an AD/Jewellers'. :-k :-k

Checked up and found that Howdens are a Trade Kitchen Supplier.

Makes more sense now. :wink: :wink:

Guy

That's exactly what I was thinking :lol:

There was someone on TZ who had a similar experience, with a small ding cause enough for Tudor to wash its hands of it.

You can kind of see its point, but all watches are going to get dinged at some point. How much of a ding causes movement causes damage is open to interpretation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
JeremyS
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 3

Post by JeremyS »

Hmm…sounds odd, but mediocrity is within reach of all brands I suppose. I had a black bay stop suddenly years ago and sent it in under warranty. Couldn’t have been more pleased with the warranty service.
Maraeburn
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Maraeburn »

Just to add on great customer service - but for a different brand - Zenith - my 2016 El Primero 1969 somehow, and I don't know how, as I've always been very careful with my watches, managed to lose the crown/or crown broke off - one day of wearing it was there, the next gone. I can only assume something odd happened on a dog walk (my dog pulls a lot!). I sent back to Zenith (via Chronext who I purchased the watch from) fully knowing that I'd have to pay to get it repaired, and it came back repaired, new crown, oddly new deployment clasp (nothing wrong with the old one but gave me a new one which fits in a better way than the old) and I was charged nothing for the repair.

I've since bought 3 more zeniths - so good customer service does indeed reap repeat custom!