MBII Savanna

A place to discuss other watch-brands
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: MBII Savanna

Post by albionphoto »

Grade 5 titanium is very hard to machine and the simple case elements allow it's use at an affordable price. A more complex case would require a different grade of titanium.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: MBII Savanna

Post by 0uatiOW »

I watched the launch video live too, and I found it quite interesting - it would have been great to see some of the test watches up close.

As far as the Savanna itself is concerned, perfectly nice as it is, I didn’t feel that it lived up to the event. After all, it’s an MBII, albeit in Titanium, with a new colour way, an exhibition caseback (already available, and IMV one of the reasons I prefer the U2s over the stock MBIIs) and a new skeletonised rotor.

The price £4,595 looks (well, is) lofty, but that’s not specific to the Savanna, and the £600 premium over the MBII for the additional features isn’t so outlandish at the price band in which Bremont sits (but only if you want the Ti). The MBII itself isn’t overly heavy, so if you aren’t fussed about the Ti / weight loss or the colour way, then the MB configurator and the U2 range offer more choice at a lower price. You can also choose a different strap (I was going to say “better strap” because I think the sand coloured rubber looks awful).
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot