Bremont MBII configurator

A place to discuss other watch-brands
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Bremont MBII configurator

Post by jkbarnes »

A Bremont ad popped up in my IG feed promoting the MBII configurator. I’ve wasted the last 30 minutes running through all sorts of combinations. Not gonna lie….it’s a lot of fun! I quite like this one.

4CBD0779-2137-49AA-99FB-C821B6AF4ABA.jpeg
Drew
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Bremont MBII configurator

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

jkbarnes wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:38 pm A Bremont ad popped up in my IG feed promoting the MBII configurator. I’ve wasted the last 30 minutes running through all sorts of combinations. Not gonna lie….it’s a lot of fun! I quite like this one.

4CBD0779-2137-49AA-99FB-C821B6AF4ABA.jpeg
Very nice, JKB. Is that a potential target for you?

I’ve used the configuration before and created a few desirable variations. The MBii is my pick of Bremonts, if only it were slightly smaller!
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:57 am Very nice, JKB. Is that a potential target for you?

I’ve used the configuration before and created a few desirable variations. The MBii is my pick of Bremonts, if only it were slightly smaller!
It’s not. It’s a great looking watch (that case!), and the configurator is certainly cool, but I don’t think it’s my style. I think it would look a bit silly on me. It would be like getting a giant anchor tattoo on my wimpy arms! :lol:

And, as you say, if only it were slightly smaller. At the price, I’d rather get a Tudor anyway.
Drew
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Here you go, Andrew. Just to tempt you here’s my very own little Bremont MB2 personal configurator - and, today, in your chosen configuration :D

5607BA7D-CA5B-468B-94EC-DA2F808934F0.jpeg
68185875-5611-4B5D-98CD-672F8F4781EA.jpeg
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

TigerChris wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:00 pm Here you go, Andrew. Just to tempt you here’s my very own little Bremont MB2 personal configurator - and, today, in your chosen configuration :D

That’s fantastic! Those cases are something else. I definitely think this watch can (and will?) grow on me. Just a few short years ago I was completely dismissive of Bremont.
Drew
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

jkbarnes wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:03 pm
TigerChris wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:00 pm Here you go, Andrew. Just to tempt you here’s my very own little Bremont MB2 personal configurator - and, today, in your chosen configuration :D

That’s fantastic! Those cases are something else. I definitely think this watch can (and will?) grow on me. Just a few short years ago I was completely dismissive of Bremont.
If there’s an AD near you I would, honestly, go and try one on. Due to the case design they don’t wear how the dimensions would suggest. Plus, they are bulletproof! Over the last few years that one has been worn for everything from steady hikes with the dogs to chopping down trees, cutting concrete blocks etc.. It’s still almost ‘as new’ and only gains 1 to 2 secs per day without fail.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

TigerChris wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:12 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:03 pm

If there’s an AD near you I would, honestly, go and try one on. Due to the case design they don’t wear how the dimensions would suggest. Plus, they are bulletproof! Over the last few years that one has been worn for everything from steady hikes with the dogs to chopping down trees, cutting concrete blocks etc.. It’s still almost ‘as new’ and only gains 1 to 2 secs per day without fail.
I will definitely put it on my radar. They are good looking watches.
Drew
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

I've played with the configurator a few times and had a lot of fun with it. The MBII is rather close to my MBIII and so I haven't pulled the trigger. The white/green is very nice though but means I can't make one for myself. We don't want two of them on the same forum after all do we?

I don't worry about the size of the Bremont. They look great on my 6.75" wrist and I don't buy into the small is better argument anyway. This isn't a dress watch; go big.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I've just bought what looks like a new bremont leather strap (black with an off-white stitching) in an online auction.
Now I've looked at the configurator and website, I see that they come in assorted sizes, so let's hope I didn't get extra short!
It's actually stamped 22-L008, (might be a 3 at the end) and then a large R, so hopefully that's a Long. Nicely curved strap ends, so I have a home in mind for it. Assuming it's new, or at least NOS, I've had a good deal there.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

JAFO wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:19 pm I've just bought what looks like a new bremont leather strap (black with an off-white stitching) in an online auction.
Now I've looked at the configurator and website, I see that they come in assorted sizes, so let's hope I didn't get extra short!
It's actually stamped 22-L008, (might be a 3 at the end) and then a large R, so hopefully that's a Long. Nicely curved strap ends, so I have a home in mind for it. Assuming it's new, or at least NOS, I've had a good deal there.
That’s a regular length strap :thumbup:

Bremonts leather straps, in my opinion, are superb - hence why I own 7 of them (well, 5 calf and 2 alligator).
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Oh my, need to hide my wallet...

Screenshot_20210712-195110__01.jpg
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Re my strap. It came today. It's actually grey with white stitching. You never can tell with pictures. Brand new and boxed, and a good deal, I think. Just need a clasp or a buckle now. I will try a deployant clasp first.

[edit - and that wasn't easy. I first tried a pin buckle, but it needed a very narrow one, and I just didn't have any narrow enough. In the end I found a deployant clasp, which also needed to be wide enough to accommodate the thick leather. I looked on the Bremont site, but the loose buckles and clasps were quite expensive. (And no QR pins, so it's on for a while now.)

Picture of the watch on non CW of the day. ]
IMG_20210714_101317825_HDR~2.jpg
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

Be careful if you are planning on buying the genuine Bremont deployant, they are quite chunky and many people, myself included, find them quite uncomfortable. I bought a watch that came with one and quickly swapped to the traditional Bremont buckle which I find much better.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

iain wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:08 pm Be careful if you are planning on buying the genuine Bremont deployant, they are quite chunky and many people, myself included, find them quite uncomfortable. I bought a watch that came with one and quickly swapped to the traditional Bremont buckle which I find much better.
+1

I found the deployment didn’t sit centrally on my wrist. An aftermarket butterfly deployant works far better for me, and the Bremont pin buckles are excellent too.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

iain wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:08 pm Be careful if you are planning on buying the genuine Bremont deployant, they are quite chunky and many people, myself included, find them quite uncomfortable. I bought a watch that came with one and quickly swapped to the traditional Bremont buckle which I find much better.
+2

The Bremont straps, I find, sit far better on the regular Bremont buckle. Downer warned me away from the Bremont deployant a couple of years ago but I took no notice, tried one and soon got rid. So, sorry Richard, I’ll listen next time!