Helm watches - thumbs up

A place to discuss other watch-brands
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Helm watches - thumbs up

Post by village »

Helm watches used to be a right royal pain in the derrière to buy. They have always been released in small batches but you used to have to log on to the website at an appointed time where it was a free for all. The server was often very slow and it was damn near impossible to buy one. In recent times they have changed their approach. Now you register your interest and they contact you in turn order as watches become available;you can choose to buy or not at that time.

Over the last year or so I have purchased two Helm watches..the Komodo & the Vanuatu. I have to say I am fairly impressed with both considering the cost involved (just over £200 shipped).
They are both solid lumps of machined steel - they have some heft and presence which won’t appeal to everyone but then I have manly wrists so can cope 8) :lol: .

The Komodo has a screw down case back & bezel,a 300m depth rating,unidirectional bezel and Seiko NH35 auto movement. It’s 40mm in diameter and 15mm high. It comes with a bracelet as well as the NATO.
I have found the timekeeping to be more than adequate (couldn’t tell you +/- seconds per 24 hours as I really can’t be bothered to do that sort of thing). The bracelet is comfortable but I feel that the clasp could be better. I also,particularly like the fact that the date window is colour coded to the dial.
A8D504E6-0802-4248-86D7-39CF350977C5.jpeg
F3D443B1-8CC4-4A57-9382-695AD0A132BC.jpeg

The Vanuatu has similar attributes & components. It is 42mm diameter and 14mm high. Still a solid watch on the wrist! I have similar feelings about the clasp on the bracelet this comes with.
Attachments
E6EEDE8A-88AB-4297-AD8C-29AF8BE663BA.jpeg
3B2549F2-410F-44E0-8B08-838605E605F1.jpeg
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Helm watches - thumbs up

Post by exHowfener »

Thanks for sharing, I've looked at these watches casually after seeing the JOMW reviews and wondered if the 'waiting list' actually delivered the goods. They seem like good value for the quality. I might put my name down!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Neil b
Senior
Senior

Post by Neil b »

Like the look of helm watches also registered about a year ago heard nothing so gave up on
Them if they don’t want my money il spend it elsewhere do like the Komodo though
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

The first I've seen from this brand and both have orange, the matching date wheel shows true dedication - very nice :thumbup:
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

I meant to post this up a month or so ago but got distracted and then forgot!

Anyhow,seems I added a third Helm to my collection.
The Khuraburi.

This is another 300m dive watch which is 42mm with 22mm lugs and a Seiko movement (NH38).Another well made watch which again is incredible value for money. Although my picture shows it on a NATO it also comes with a decent stainless steel bracelet (which I still haven’t got around to sizing).
F3682073-1CB7-4266-AE91-1E1A09574F5E.jpeg

Helm also have a new model coming out very soon called the Miyako. I believe I’m in line for one of the first batch.
0A7C224D-2D97-4A3E-84A6-4513DC8B2A8E.jpeg
These users thanked the author village for the post:
Tortoise
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
SimonGermany
Senior
Senior

Post by SimonGermany »

I’ve received my ‘slot’ to buy one of these 👆

44 hours to think about it!
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6