"Sub Rosa"...those secretive gems.

A place to discuss other watch-brands
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: "Sub Rosa"...those secretive gems.

Post by H0rati0 »

Since there is some difference of opinion airing, I'd postulate that Panerai do not pass mustard either, in well heeled mediterranean circles they are known as the beach wear to be seen in - no haute horlogerie connotations.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ I think there will inevitably, and always, be an element of subjectivity in this kind of discussion. It will probably depend to some extent on the circles and the manner in which we live, move and have our being. I like a good five-star Mediterranean hotel as much as the next bloke, but I’m probably not up for election into the Paneristi di Spiaggia Club. :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

I found myself going back to Steve's original post for guidance to the original parameters of discussion. So my next selection, from my box, would have to be my Damasko. A small but growing company who, I believe, really try to get things right.
20210625_163306.jpg
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

I think that this one qualifies. Well it does as far as my watch wearing habits are concerned.
64C66F98-D216-4B42-B7C1-35166AE6F121.jpeg
Suitable for walking into town to visit Waitrose, whilst wearing a T-Shirt and not attracting any attention.

That said I was initially concerned that it failed the “under the radar” thread at a party last weekend.

A few hours into the evening I was approached and asked if I was wearing a JLC Reverso. I confirmed that it was and noticed that the questioner was wearing an Oris Aquis. However as the conversation developed and reference was made to recently buying a Hammy, but it wore too large, would therefore think again about the CW Sandhurst, but first he needed to conclude the deal for a BB58 that he had seen on Chrono24!

Turns out that my nephew has become a WIS and that like everything he does he studies the subject in great detail. :)

I was then able to bore him with pics of my collection, without him losing interest! :lol:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK