5 Watches For €1500 Each

A place to discuss other watch-brands
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

5 Watches For €1500 Each

Post by TheBeatles »

Interesting read, but none appeal to me.

Only reason I’m posting here is that CW just miss the cut in the Close Call section near the end.

Seems to have been knocked back because of the logo.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/which-f ... 1500-each/
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: 5 Watches For €1500 Each

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

TheBeatles wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:12 am
Seems to have been knocked back because of the logo.
Even though its at 12 o'clock; seems like there's no pleasing some people.

As to the watches selected?

The second one is a good shout but the third one, whilst a decent enough watch, has a NATO with oversized fittings that don't go with the watch.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I can't understand the objection to a watch brand name. So many brands have a person's name. Some just surname, others the whole name. Shop names on the high street are similar. Just crazy.

Have we all got to stop wearing Calvin Klein's, and Ralph Lauren?

My given name is David, and I particularly enjoy my Davidoff watch. I also have a couple of Invicta's that they kindly emblazoned with my birth year, 1953. It just adds to the fun. I have lots of watches that don't have my name or birth year, and I enjoy them as well.
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

C63 best of the bunch for my money, though I don't own one. Seems funny alright. Left out for putting the name of the company on their product.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

I can't understand the objection to a watch brand name. So many brands have a person's name.
Me neither. Presumably these people wouldn't drive a Mercedes Benz as it has a girl's name on it?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

At least it’s not a Usual Suspects lineup from Goldsmiths or Ernest Jones!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

exHowfener wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:59 pm
I can't understand the objection to a watch brand name. So many brands have a person's name.
Me neither. Presumably these people wouldn't drive a Mercedes Benz as it has a girl's name on it?
It's not just the name, it's the fact it's unwieldy and awkward for some people: an 11 character first name followed by a 4 character surname. Compound that with the font, which is very plain, and place it in a very untypical location. It's not even an amalgamation of two people's names as in PP, VC or AP. It references a person who is no longer a part of the business. As you can see if I have considered this much it's because it bothers me, which is a shame as I love a number of the watches and am a reasonably active member of this forum. I really love the C65 SC and am almost at the point whereby I can look past the branding. Some people say what's in a name or font or its position? but then obsess over 1 or 2mm in one of the watches key dimensions saying it's a deal breaker for them. Watches are a very detail focussed interest as I think we all acknowledge. Branding is intrinsic to a lot of people. The tiniest of details can offend the eye, it seems.

I'm not looking to add fuel to the branding debate btw, just offering my own explanation as someone who has given a lot of thought to the matter. And...I do think CW make some great watches, that's why I'm here. :D

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?