Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: Re-Visit

Post by Thegreyman »

kiter65 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:41 pm Patrick, I call that a result :thumbup:
Thanks Rich :)
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: Re-Visit

Post by stefs »

nbg wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:24 pm I haven’t, but I can think of many valid reasons why someone may end up repurchasing a watch previously owned:

a) I would really like to try out watches A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, to decide which three or four that I prefer. I like them all, but given the cost, I don’t think I want to own more than 3 or 4 at any given time. It is not until I have owned them all that I will be able to decide on the three or four favourites to keep long term as part of my collection.

b) I would like to try one of these desirable PP, VC or AP models that people keep banging on about. Ok I will need to sell three of my Rolex to fund one. Some time later - well that wasn’t all it was cracked up to be, think I will sell and buy back the three I started with (or variation there of).

c) Oh look how much this one is now selling for. If I move it on I can try watch X. Still as I like the one I am selling, I will just ask the AD to get me another.

Neil

Saved me typing anything.
Very close to my thought process indeed.
And yes I have sold and rebought a good few! Much as there is a reason you may sell there is also a reason you bought in the first place.
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul