A place to discuss other watch-brands
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Ocean 39 Premium 904 Now Available..

Post by Thunder1 »

An interesting new offering..

The sporty exclusiveness of the „OCEAN 39 premium 904" makes it stand out from other diver watches. Its solid design guarantees highest resilience as well as an outstanding quality.

The "well-known 904 L " stainless steel was used for this model .

In the world of sports diver watches the „OCEAN 39 premium 904" is one of the few examples in its price range which demonstrates such an excellent cost-performance ratio.

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/ocea ... m-904.html
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Oldhooky
Guru
Guru

Re: Ocean 39 Premium 904 Now Available..

Post by Oldhooky »

Not sure it stands out, well apart from the numerals which IMHO look too large.

790 Euros - hmm. Too high to be attractive for a punt when the market is flooded with quality diving watches, with similar specs and priced competatively.

Not for me.
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

I know Steinhart make decent watches, I’ve owned one, but why can’t they design their own hands
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^ Richard if they did that, the watches would no longer look like those that they are intended to pay homage to... :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Yeah I get that Neil, but they make decent watches and a pretty well established company, why don’t they step away from that and stand on their own right without copying that famous brand but what do I know, I live in a small 2 bed bungalow and have a low paid job where’s their company owner is probably sunbathing on his boat off the coast of Monaco as I type this :lol:
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Interesting that they went with the 39 in 904 steel. Also interesting to see the markup in order to get 904. Not for me (I've never been a fan of the explorer dial Subs) but I can see where there may be some demand for the 904 steel.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

kiter65 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:30 pm Yeah I get that Neil, but they make decent watches and a pretty well established company, why don’t they step away from that and stand on their own right without copying that famous brand but what do I know, I live in a small 2 bed bungalow and have a low paid job where’s their company owner is probably sunbathing on his boat off the coast of Monaco as I type this :lol:
Steinhart do make some of their own designs (eg ocean 2) but my guess is they sell nowhere near as many as their homage watches and therefore stick with what makes money. Also their team is pretty small, they’re all on their website with dodgy photos
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

I actually like this as for once it doesn't just directly rip off a rolex model. At least this one is a blend of the sub and the explorer!
Sort of like the longines hydroconquest but with rolex hands.
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

My favorite Stiney to date would have to be this dual time PR, if I needed another dive watch. But very tempting as a great all around traveller.
20210629_041448.jpg
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

stefs wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:25 am I actually like this as for once it doesn't just directly rip off a rolex model. At least this one is a blend of the sub and the explorer!
Sort of like the longines hydroconquest but with rolex hands.
Agreed. I do prefer the Steinhart models that are not based on current Rolex models.

The ones based on golden oldies, that are beyond the pocket of most folk are, to me, much better.
5AB3A872-EFFE-4510-A695-E8262A0E3470.png
https://deployant.com/pensioner-discove ... er-100000/
Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

^^^^ooooo :yes: a 5513 :D
My Holy Grail watch (due to the Bond connection) but at c£100K+ alas just a dream.
However, as an alternative, the Steinhart is a lot more affordable
https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/ocea ... ntage.html
audio.bill
Guru
Guru

Post by audio.bill »

johncolescarr wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:14 am
kiter65 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:30 pm Yeah I get that Neil, but they make decent watches and a pretty well established company, why don’t they step away from that and stand on their own right without copying that famous brand but what do I know, I live in a small 2 bed bungalow and have a low paid job where’s their company owner is probably sunbathing on his boat off the coast of Monaco as I type this :lol:
Steinhart do make some of their own designs (eg ocean 2) but my guess is they sell nowhere near as many as their homage watches and therefore stick with what makes money. Also their team is pretty small, they’re all on their website with dodgy photos
Would you be so kind as to clarify what you mean by "dodgy photos"? I'm seriously interested, not questioning your statement. Thanks!
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

audio.bill wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:16 pm
Would you be so kind as to clarify what you mean by "dodgy photos"? I'm seriously interested, not questioning your statement. Thanks!
Sure, they’re not really photos but it looks like a stock filter has been used to make them appear as if pencil drawn. It’s not an aesthetic I personally would go for.

I feel a little harsh calling them dodgy now, I guess unusual or atypical would be a better description. Compared to the overly stylised photos most companies have of their staff I’m not sure which I prefer. I think I prefer no photos to be honest!

Here’s a link so others can see what I mean

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/steinhart-team
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
audio.bill
Guru
Guru

Post by audio.bill »

johncolescarr wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:12 pm
audio.bill wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:16 pm

Sure, they’re not really photos but it looks like a stock filter has been used to make them appear as if pencil drawn. It’s not an aesthetic I personally would go for.

I feel a little harsh calling them dodgy now, I guess unusual or atypical would be a better description. Compared to the overly stylised photos most companies have of their staff I’m not sure which I prefer. I think I prefer no photos to be honest!

Here’s a link so others can see what I mean

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/steinhart-team
I see what you mean about their team, those are caricatures. I misunderstood your initial post and thought you were referring to their watch pics! :?