What on earth could this be?

A place to discuss other watch-brands
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: What on earth could this be?

Post by StrapMeister »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:00 pm ^^^From the first photo, the blue shirt with the stripey shoulders. From the second photo the black and orange one.
Shirts 1 and 2.JPG
:D
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:00 pm This shirt thread of yours could get serious. We need Ferg.
It's only just the beginning :lol:
...but I'm waiting for both Paul and Ferg to chip in :wink:
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Nigel I do like attention to detail. :)

Most excellent that the shirts looked to be arranged from left to right, in increasing levels of flamboyance!

Are you also someone that ensures all labels on jars and tins face forward in the fridge and cupboards?

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Very nice pick up Nigel, notwithstanding the Panerai roots of the brand (and the cushion styled case), I definitely see the Explorer/Sealander similarities, albeit it is distinctive and has its own original design features such as the aforementioned 4,8,12 indices. Perfect symmetrical dial too.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

The Anonimo watch: I'm an ignoramus and need to surf a bit of 'web today.

The shirts: I'm strictly a Charles Tyrwhitt wearer so stripes and "tablecloth" checks are as jolly as I go. I'm quite partial to polos in big bold, early learning centre colours.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

nbg wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:45 pm Nigel I do like attention to detail. :)

Most excellent that the shirts looked to be arranged from left to right, in increasing levels of flamboyance!

Are you also someone that ensures all labels on jars and tins face forward in the fridge and cupboards?

Neil
Thank you Neil :thumbup:
The arrangement is infact work to casual which also happens to coincide with an increasing level of flamboyance :D
I do indeed :) ... it may be considered as OCD but when I open the fridge or a cupboard I like to see exactly what I'm looking for rather than having to rummage around.
tikkathree wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:54 am The shirts: I'm strictly a Charles Tyrwhitt wearer so stripes and "tablecloth" checks are as jolly as I go. I'm quite partial to polos in big bold, early learning centre colours.
Actually from left to right - Charles Tyrwhitt (plain and stripes), Samuel Windsor (checks and country) and Joe Browns (flamboyant).
The short sleeved collection is a bit of a mix'n'match but, as can be seen, includes some very flamboyant/Hawaiian style ones :D
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Thegreyman wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:58 pm Very nice pick up Nigel, notwithstanding the Panerai roots of the brand (and the cushion styled case), I definitely see the Explorer/Sealander similarities, albeit it is distinctive and has its own original design features such as the aforementioned 4,8,12 indices. Perfect symmetrical dial too.
Thanks Patrick :thumbup:
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I'm playing catch-up on unread threads.

That's a nice one Nigel, a good solid looking Diver. H S Johnson do manage to come up with some great deals.

Is it going to stay on the bracelet?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:56 pm I'm playing catch-up on unread threads.

That's a nice one Nigel, a good solid looking Diver. H S Johnson do manage to come up with some great deals.

Is it going to stay on the bracelet?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Thanks Guy :thumbup:
I honestly don't know how H S Johnson manage to do some of the prices and, what's more, I was able to get a further 15% off the sale price with a voucher I had as a returning customer :D
For the time being it's staying on the bracelet which has sized nicely and very comfortable
...albeit I do have other options available :wink:
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Great looking diver, having seen and tried on one just before lockdown, was impressed with the overall look and feel. Great pickup!
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Soporsche wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:23 pm Great looking diver, having seen and tried on one just before lockdown, was impressed with the overall look and feel. Great pickup!
Thanks Stephen :thumbup:
I have to say that I'm very impressed with it :D