New Arrival & First Bremont Experience

A place to discuss other watch-brands
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by ciclismosam »

Hello to all! It has been quite awhile since I have posted on any of the watch related forums. I have occasionally lurked and been off doing other things. However, today my first new acquisition in a little while arrived and had me back on the forums for a bit.

Say hello to my new Bremont S300. This is my first experience with Bremont and I have to say that I'm quite impressed. Here are a few photos and then I'll share some thoughts.

Imagewrist shot by ciclismosam, on Flickr

Imagetriptik by ciclismosam, on Flickr

Imagecase back by ciclismosam, on Flickr

ImageOEM straps by ciclismosam, on Flickr

Imagecolareb by ciclismosam, on Flickr

I have looked at Bremont on and off for the last couple of years but never decided to pull the trigger until now. I will share how this fits within the overall context of my collection in a SOTC post shortly. The short story is in my stable of "daily wear" watches I had 1 diver (Tudor Pelagos) and 3 aviation (Sinn 856 UTC, Hamilton Khaki Pilot Day Date, and IWC spitfire auto). I felt it was all too much the same and wanted to go to 2 aviation watches and then have 2 top not divers that had different aesthetic vibes. This led me to deciding to sell the IWC and pick the white S300.

Case hardening similar to my Sinn, a lovely white dial with navy and red accents that feels quite different from my Pelagos while being just as capable. I also must say that the first time you pop the crown and wide them both the ETA in the Pelagos and the Bremont feel spectacular compared to your standard ETA movement.
Family CWLs: C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase, C1 Worldtimer, C5 Malvern Quartz in Purple, C900 Single Pusher 148/250
My CWLs: C3 Mk II Malvern in Green, C3 2017 FLE 31/50, C60 51 Squadron Trident 300
https://www.instagram.com/thesambrower/
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: New Arrival & First Bremont Experience

Post by strapline »

I do like the look of the Supermarine. The white dial, the glossy bezel and the honeycomb pattern in the raised circular section of the dial. What do you think to their case construction (tryp-tick)? You'll be in good company on this forum. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Excellent choice of watch, I have the exact same one with the rubber strap and nato. That rubber is stiff but will soften over time.

I have added the bracelet as well but it’s not the best quality for the price and I tend to swap between the two supplied straps most of the time.

Enjoy it, you certainly picked a good one and it’s a big thumbs up from me.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru

Post by ciclismosam »

strapline wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:14 am I do like the look of the Supermarine. The white dial, the glossy bezel and the honeycomb pattern in the raised circular section of the dial. What do you think to their case construction (tryp-tick)? You'll be in good company on this forum. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Des
Honestly I really like the case design on this watch and along with the dial design cues that you mentioned it was one of the biggest draws for me with the S300. (also I have been a total sucker for a good white dial lately)
Family CWLs: C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase, C1 Worldtimer, C5 Malvern Quartz in Purple, C900 Single Pusher 148/250
My CWLs: C3 Mk II Malvern in Green, C3 2017 FLE 31/50, C60 51 Squadron Trident 300
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru

Post by ciclismosam »

iain wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:28 am Excellent choice of watch, I have the exact same one with the rubber strap and nato. That rubber is stiff but will soften over time.

I have added the bracelet as well but it’s not the best quality for the price and I tend to swap between the two supplied straps most of the time.

Enjoy it, you certainly picked a good one and it’s a big thumbs up from me.
I thought about the bracelet but honestly I find I am picky with bracelets and this case seemed more suited to rubber/leather/NATOs anyway so I decided not to bother with it. Glad to hear you are enjoying your S300 as well!
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Thumbs up from me too, although I admit I prefer my S300’s on bracelets.
Richard
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru

Post by ciclismosam »

downer wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:13 am Thumbs up from me too, although I admit I prefer my S300’s on bracelets.
Great to hear you enjoy the S300 as well downer. I am sure the bracelet is fine. I just get picky with bracelets. Outside of the Bond Seamaster, Rolex/Tudor oyster's, and my speedy I rarely use bracelets. The Hamilton pilot day date is currently on metal but usually its only about 25% of the time and I imagine the Bremont would be similar hence I just bought the rubber strap version.

Honestly so far it has felt best on the Colareb leather strap pictured above.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Welcome back and you have every good reason to be pleased with yourself.

I have the S300's big brother, an S2000, its s great watch with a number of excellent features. Have you checked out when the date changes? Blink and you'll miss it.

Hope all is well with the 'other things' you've been doing recently.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Double thumbs up from me :2thumbs:
Great acquisition :clap:
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru

Post by ciclismosam »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:21 am Welcome back and you have every good reason to be pleased with yourself.

I have the S300's big brother, an S2000, its s great watch with a number of excellent features. Have you checked out when the date changes? Blink and you'll miss it.

Hope all is well with the 'other things' you've been doing recently.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Thanks Bahnstormer, I really dig the s500/2000 but with my 6.4-6.5 inch wrist it would never work. Kinda like my love of the IWC Big Pilot. I just don't feel comfortable with anything above 42 these days. I'll watch for that date change ;) "Other things" have been going well mostly. Family, work, etc. Military life and kiddos never mean a lot of time to relax it feels like.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

An excellent addition and good to see you back, Sam. Congratulations on that one.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Well done.

One of my favourite Bremonts.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Congratulations. :thumbup:

To me the white dial is the pick of the S300 range.

I can’t really think of a white dial diver from any brand that I would pick in preference to that one.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru

Post by ciclismosam »

Thanks AVO good to be back. scooter & nbg, it really is wonderful and I have to say I’ve been feeling a sucker for a good white dial recently. I had tried a couple white dialed diver without it really working out, including the white/red mk 2 Trident GMT (this one was the closest it got). However, there is something about this Bremont that just clicks and I think it’s the best white dialed diver I’ve come across. Even to the point I prefer the white strongly over the black or blue dials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5oclockhero
Senior
Senior

Post by 5oclockhero »

Looks great! I'm a huge bremont fan and I think the unique case design is fantastic. I'm on my third and my father still has his BC-S2 from the original run. They are VERY tough. I had my first for over 10 years and I wore it operationally during which time it got dropped and bashed and scraped countless times. I never had it serviced. When I eventually traded it against another new Bremont it was running fine and had scarcely a mark on it. Enjoy!