A place to discuss other watch-brands
EcosseOz
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Enoksen - Northern Ireland Watch Brand

Post by EcosseOz »

Hello CW Forumites

I've just come across this brand during a watch related google search: https://enoksenwatches.com/

Headed straight to the CW Forum to see if there was any comment, search for Enoksen revealed nothing.

Their website is very interesting, including their 'ambassadors', the 'build your own' feature and the variety of bands/cases.

Just thought I'd make the collective aware of its presence, as I was surprised there was nothing on the CW about it.
The CW Collection: Now well used C6IPSI (#2)
C4IP4 (#1331)
C6 Forum LE (#64) -Sold to Tikkathree
C6SWS (#761)
Non-CW: A Breitling, 3x Omega, 1xMido, that now (13y) more ancient Raymond Weil and a Dead Seiko I can't part with (32yrs+)
Royston 64
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: Enoksen - Northern Ireland Watch Brand

Post by Royston 64 »

Yeah, I came across this brand last year, they operate out of a building in the Stranmillis area that used to house a radio station. The watches look OK but nothing new really. Standard Seiko NH35’s in the autos. Good to see something happening in Northern Ireland though. 👍
CW’s - C63 sealander, C65 Chrono
Others - Rolex Submariner, Rolex Airking, Rolex Datejust, Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris, Bremont Airco Mach1, Duckworth Prestex Viewmatic and 1 or 2 others
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Look to be good VFM, but too generic for me. Best of luck to them though!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

I agree they don't really stand out, but I did notice that they are another brand using the Seiko VH31 hybrid quartz which resembles a mechanical at 4 ticks per second. I have that movement in my Newmark 52 field watches and do enjoy the fact that they don't 'tick' yet have the 'grab and go' appeal of a quartz. That's a positive in my books.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

They look decent enough and reasonably priced, but its a crowded market place.

Interesting you mention Newmark, Rich, over their movement; which I like, although haven't got one.

For me, their is a similarity to Newmark in the use of an asymmetrical case (RAF 6B style?) In their Chronographs, albeit in 42mm.

I might take a closer look.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

richtel wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:08 pm I agree they don't really stand out, but I did notice that they are another brand using the Seiko VH31 hybrid quartz which resembles a mechanical at 4 ticks per second. I have that movement in my Newmark 52 field watches and do enjoy the fact that they don't 'tick' yet have the 'grab and go' appeal of a quartz. That's a positive in my books.
The VH31 is also in my experience very accurate. My Newmark 52 hasn’t gained/lost a second over the last three months.
Tim