My Dog Sighs has arrived....

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

My Dog Sighs has arrived....

Post by Richard D »

My much anticipated watch has arrived and I’m certainly not disappointed.

A51A1C5B-28EA-46C2-9F6D-D80AEF949780.jpeg

My Dog Sighs is one of the most exciting British Contemporary Artists, an artist that has ‘street’ running through his DNA. He creates beauty where it’s least expected, https://mydogsighs.co.uk . His shows are sell outs and his work is highly collectible.

This project is a collaboration with TRIBUS, a fusion of street art with precision of a fine watchmaker. The result is simply too irresistible to ignore. I would argue that good art and watchmaking should provoke a reaction and a watch like this will have it’s critics. None more so than with the horologophile, usually in the context of aesthetics but I welcome that because ordinary this is not.

B0398A56-41DF-4C1A-82F1-31F5138DE6DC.jpeg

CC4BBE63-FF72-45F2-86C4-D08BE547C151.jpeg

F0F403F6-E69F-4A79-815B-AEFB200ED489.jpeg

B32A2654-0DEE-489A-88BD-9D8E33F40B8A.jpeg

DAB1CE5D-77AC-4E80-9C50-8425C56C1D47.jpeg

Originally destined for my wrist until today when my wife saw me unboxing the watch, I cannot but now gift it to her. Each dial and presentation box is unique and this one is #01/50.
These users thanked the author Richard D for the post (total 3):
thomcat00StifArchie
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: My Dog Sighs has arrived....

Post by gannet »

well that's different :D

does that mean you need to buy another one for yourself now then ;) :D
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by ddav »

So its not a swatch then.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

gannet wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:56 pm well that's different :D

does that mean you need to buy another one for yourself now then ;) :D
Certainly different and as said unique, to buy another would not be the same. I’m now very much looking forward to seeing what comes next from TRIBUS.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

ddav wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:02 pm So its not a swatch then.

Thank you I’ve just won a substantial bet that someone would mention swatch within the first two comments.
Richard

ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by ddav »

Always glad to help out

C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

I’m now very much looking forward to seeing what comes next from TRIBUS.
I hope future offerings are more appealing to me. I've been disappointed/ dismayed with their launch range and marketing so far(also not keen on the logo, but that could be a whole topic in itself!)

Perhaps I'm just not part of their target market
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Not for me, but it's certainly colourful and unique. 8) I think the black leather strap looks a bit out of place for such a colourful design.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
nburgess
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by nburgess »

Richard, can I ask...what are your thoughts on the Tribus watches you own thus far..with regards to quality, value etc ?
Whilst I have to admit, this particular model isn't for me, the more and more I see some of their watches, the more they appeal. Especially the TRIBUS TRI-01 series. I think they are fabulous looking. Would appreciate your thoughts.
Neil
drand
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by drand »

He's Pompey's Banksy, innit mush. He does do a rather nifty line in street art - I rather like the watch.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

nburgess wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:24 pm Richard, can I ask...what are your thoughts on the Tribus watches you own thus far..with regards to quality, value etc ?
Whilst I have to admit, this particular model isn't for me, the more and more I see some of their watches, the more they appeal. Especially the TRIBUS TRI-01 series. I think they are fabulous looking. Would appreciate your thoughts.
I knew from day one that TRIBUS would not gain favour on this forum or indeed on the Facebook group. They are not to be compared to CW, that would be nonsensical. TRIBUS has led with an edgy and at times controversial marketing campaign but being an artist I like that. I’m not one to conform and will always seek a difference, probably explains why my collection contains a number of unusual and unique watches.

To answer your question, the TRIBUS build quality is exceptional as is the finish. The vintage design clues have been cleverly used to deliver attractive watches at a fair price. Everyone that I know who has handled a TRIBUS including the TRI-01 have all been impressed too.

I’ve just popped a 303 on my wrist, simply beautiful.

E6001D09-9E47-4732-AA79-1E66B6467FB9.jpeg
Richard

A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

It is certainly unique and all credit for getting behind such a new brand.

Did you select it based upon the serial number 1 or were you drawn to that dial in particular?

Enjoy the many conversations it will most likely start. Plus if anyone did think it was a Swatch, you know it isn't and nor would they if they got hands on it, felt the difference and discovered the case back :thumbup:.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

A1soknownas wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:18 pm It is certainly unique and all credit for getting behind such a new brand.

Did you select it based upon the serial number 1 or were you drawn to that dial in particular?

Enjoy the many conversations it will most likely start. Plus if anyone did think it was a Swatch, you know it isn't and nor would they if they got hands on it, felt the difference and discovered the case back :thumbup:.
Thank you for your kind comments. I sat down with my wife to choose a dial, a near impossible task because we were drawn to all. My wife then suggested that, given I’ve exhibited My Dogs Sighs’ art and TRIBUS had given me first choice, I should order #01. As said, the watch will be enjoyed by my wife.

I have no doubt that the watch will continue to attract comparisons with Swatch, personally I don’t care. In fact, one of my most valued and probably valuable watches is a Swatch.
Richard

JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Number 1 is certainly a good idea. As well as being a great watch you just never know about the investment potential.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

You know, that's actually quite cool. Not a watch I'd go for, but can appreciate the appeal. I think the strap is a bit tame for it though - needs something a bit more exciting than a plain old leather number.

The case shape reminds me a lot of the older CW C8 pilot watches. I wonder if they're using the same supplier?
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex