A place to discuss other watch-brands
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: My Dog Sighs has arrived....

Post by Thegreyman »

Richard D wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:21 pm
Patrick, I have no doubt goodwill exists. However, there are few who seem to take delight in their negativity and have turned it onto me. For example, I’ve been accused on several Facebook groups of ‘ramming TRIBUS down their throats’. My posts have been no different than anyone else’s. I did hesitate posting on this forum but was persuaded to do so by a couple of friends.
I generally avoid Facebook. I was somewhat shocked reading some of the posts/comments on one group (that I joined to keep abreast of local news) with a number of the members I would describe as pondlife. Generally I would hope watch forums and particularly this one are certainly well above that and the overriding vast majority of people are respectful of others, which of course still leaves room for healthy debate and alternative points of view.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ You should try Twitter, Patrick.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Wis »

Kudos for going for something out of the ordinary. I really like the combination of art and horology. I don’t know anything about the brand or artist, but both the general consept and the execution appeals to me.
Bjørn
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Still only 11 sold, im sure someone on here or the fb group said these were going to be hot cakes!
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

Still only 11 sold, im sure someone on here or the fb group said these were going to be hot cakes!
I've NEVER seen hot cakes being sold anywhere! Joking aside, that sounds like marketing hype, but I'm sure they will all go eventually. I don't think Chris would have made more than he expected to sell.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

they must have had 2 returns as there is now 41 for sale.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

I doubt the company were expecting these to fly off the shelves. Not only is it a very niche market, it was launched at a very difficult time.

Not really a comparison, but Bremont's Ronnie Wood 1947 collection, launched in November 2019, still has 21 of 47 watches unsold. Even at nearly 40k a piece, Wood is a very collectible, in demand artist. But the same 'niche' moniker applies.
'Tis me
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Absolutely, they will sell. Not necessarily to watch enthusiasts but to those who collect art. It’s a new emerging market, watches that connect with other enthusiasts groups. The TRIBUS 303 is another good example, I know a number of people that have bought the watch because of its historical significance. They have never shown any interest in a watch before until now. I’m more than comfortable with my MDS watch, it’s unique, it’s beautifully made and it makes me smile. Probably because I love art.

A9D6BF21-63C7-4002-A766-2069656D85B7.jpeg
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Lovely watch Richard, but smoking is very bad for you :wink:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Thegreyman wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:28 pm Lovely watch Richard, but smoking is very bad for you :wink:
Maybe it was a really fruity vape to match the colours of the dial? :D
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Oh you’d be spitting feathers
C95EEFDC-2050-43F8-97BE-AE10A155CD10.jpeg
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

I seem to recall that Richard's wife laid claim to his My Dog Sighs. Maybe this is a chance to add another one for himself.

I have to grudgingly admit that this one, which initially left me cold, has grown on me. I don't think it's something I'd wear, but it would be a great art piece. I honestly think they missed the mark by putting this in the standard 41mm Tribus case. At 36mm I might have bought one for my wife. She won't wear a 41mm.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

^^^ As an art piece, from this artist it is quite a bargain with 70% off the original price. This kind of art isn't my taste, but (perhaps fortunately) not everyone is like me.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru

Post by Fat-Sam »

I quite like it- having just bought a c63 and a Meistersinger Metris this month, both for similar money (after the 70% off) I’m not sure I can justify it… but my lucky number is still there and my 6yo daughter said she likes it so I’m clawing back justification wherever possible 😄
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Richard D wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:26 pm Absolutely, they will sell. Not necessarily to watch enthusiasts but to those who collect art. It’s a new emerging market, watches that connect with other enthusiasts groups. The TRIBUS 303 is another good example, I know a number of people that have bought the watch because of its historical significance. They have never shown any interest in a watch before until now. I’m more than comfortable with my MDS watch, it’s unique, it’s beautifully made and it makes me smile. Probably because I love art.

A9D6BF21-63C7-4002-A766-2069656D85B7.jpeg
Absolutely they will not
These users thanked the author golfjunky for the post (total 2):
Molanangusbon