BREMONT - a Visit to The Wing

A place to discuss other watch-brands
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

BREMONT - a Visit to The Wing

Post by StrapMeister »

Yesterday, I had the honour and privilege of being invited to go to BREMONTs' new facility "The Wing".

Upon arrival and proceeding down the drive, you notice that grounds have been landscaped but aren't finished yet, there still in the process and seeding and planting, but your eyes are drawn to the very impressive modern, high-tech building with a lot of glass frontage - which it looks very impressive!
I parked up and proceeded to reception.

At this point I should point out that the facility, although up and running, is not complete and ready for visitor tours yet (ready at the end of this month), so some of my commentary is what I was told and understood.

Upon entering the reception, it's light, airy and spacious. Looking around, all I could say was wow!
In front of you there's a large curved reception desk (mirroring the Wing in shape). There are various things on display and a large flat screen which, I believe, will run BREMONT advertising campaigns.
To left is the new boutique (by appointment only) with various cabinets displaying the latest models and a small client seating area where you can try on and make a purchase as required.

I was greeted and taken upstairs to a lounge area. This is the large glass fronted part of the Wing that overlooks the Polo fields and surrounding countryside - beautiful. Currently it's not complete but there are a few sofas, chairs, tables and displays scattered about and there's a Bar - that could be dangerous!
I believe that this area is going to be used as a Visitors arrival area where a large flat screen TV will provide a recorded video message from Nick and Giles introducing you to BREMONT. It's also going to be used for new launch events.

I was then taken back downstairs and given a tour of the facility.
There's another large meeting area with some sofas, chairs, tables and displays scattered about.
This is the area where the red E-Type bonnet is up on display.
There is also a couple of meeting rooms as well and, often to one side is the open plan office where the staff are.
They also have a display cabinet housing a lot of the Special and Military projects that they have done over the years - fascinating to see how certain customisations work on a completed watch.

Moving on, I went into the manufacturing area - this houses all the CNC and engraving machines. It was really interesting, actually quite mind boggling, to see the various processes of how a piece of raw stainless steel is turned into a case, case back, bezel, etc.
Having this facility on-site means a vast improvement with the logistics both from a discussion point of view to the quality control side of things.

Then I headed back upstairs.
The corridors have pictures of the brand ambassadors (https://www.bremont.com/pages/about-ambassadors) and some famous faces (e.g. Tom Cruise; Ronnie Wood, etc.) who are friends of the brand and own BREMONT watches.
In some of the corridors you also have display cabinets which show some of the watches that BREMONT have produced over the years, including some very special and limited editions - it's actually very much like a museum type experience.
I also saw the super high-tech assembly and service areas - these are sealed areas and purpose built to be white rooms to avoid dust and contamination. However, these have windows, so you are able to peer in to see the watchmakers at work. When seeing this you can really understand the cost of servicing - this is a highly skilled and time consuming operation and, basically, you get your watch back as new.
I also believe that, for the tour, one of the watchmakers will actually come out and provide a 15 minute overview of what they do.
The final part of upstairs is a staff area where they can sit and relax or have their lunch - so much better than the old Lodge where there were many disruptions because the meeting rooms where housed there as well.

I then headed back downstairs to the meeting area for a brief chat before heading home.

I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly thank BREMONT for the invitation and tour - it was truly an awesome experience!
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: BREMONT - a Visit to The Wing

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Pics or it didn’t happen. Or was it Streng Verboten?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

Does someone who is buying a Bremont get the tour, or do they go no further than the front visitors area? The facility sounds incredible!
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:51 am Pics or it didn’t happen. Or was it Streng Verboten?
Sorry - yes, Streng Verboten!
monkeymax wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:56 am Does someone who is buying a Bremont get the tour, or do they go no further than the front visitors area? The facility sounds incredible!
My understanding is that the Tours are separate to the buying experience.
Lancslad
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Lancslad »

As someone who very much appreciates a Bremont i am very jealous😃, it is in my plans for the future to have a tour of the new facility but i think i will wait for it to be fully finished and the grounds to have settled in fully...did you consider buying anything whilst you were there?
Les
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Lancslad wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:37 am As someone who very much appreciates a Bremont i am very jealous😃, it is in my plans for the future to have a tour of the new facility but i think i will wait for it to be fully finished and the grounds to have settled in fully...did you consider buying anything whilst you were there?
Les
Just to confirm that this was not an official tour.
I was at BREMONT on official business and am considered as a VIP and friend of the brand by the Military and Special Projects Team and thus was lucky enough to be given a preview tour.
The first official Visitor tour (confined to 6 people), when everything will be ready, I believe, is scheduled for the end of this month.
Again, if I understood correctly, they are being run from May to September and, I believe that, they are already fully booked.

I didn't consider buying anything, albeit there was a lot tempting me, but I would have had to have an appointment - they have a dedicated person for sales.
There was a customer there at the boutique looking at and buying a watch.
(...which answers a previous question that the Tours are separate to the buying experience).
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Thanks for doing the write up Nigel. :thumbup:

I think I will put doing a tour to the wing on my to do list.

I have enjoyed the couple of Bremont AD events that I have attended.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

There is a fantastic youtube presentation of the new facility if you have not already seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCtOZ3C--m0
Cheers now, Paul
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Thanks Nigel, enjoyed the read and opening to the video (that stefs posted) tied it together nicely
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Sounds like a great experience. I had seen the video of the brothers at the opening with the drone tour of the building and it does look impressive.

I may have got this wrong but can’t anyone book onto a tour if they pay the fee? Which I think was mentioned to be around £25 each? Assuming it’s not always fully booked of course.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

iain wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:37 pm I may have got this wrong but can’t anyone book onto a tour if they pay the fee? Which I think was mentioned to be around £25 each? Assuming it’s not always fully booked of course.
Yes, I believe that anyone can book in on a tour subject to availability.
Each tour is limited to 6 people and the tours themselves are limited for the time being (May - September) to see how things go.
Yes, I believe there is a £25 per person donation to Charity.
Unfortunately, I don't know how you would go about booking a tour but I'm sure a quick call to BREMONT and they'd be able to explain more.
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

I would expect this to be a fabulous experience for fans of the brand. There’s a booking facility on the Bremont website:

https://www.bremont.com/products/the-bremont-tour
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

stefs wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:23 pm There is a fantastic youtube presentation of the new facility if you have not already seen it.
That 'fly through' video is absolutely breathtaking. Whether you care about the brand or subject material or not, the photography excellence in the single-shot drone footage is just amazing.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

richtel wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:12 am
stefs wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:23 pm There is a fantastic youtube presentation of the new facility if you have not already seen it.
That 'fly through' video is absolutely breathtaking. Whether you care about the brand or subject material or not, the photography excellence in the single-shot drone footage is just amazing.
Agreed. Skip to 6:22 if you want to avoid the usual marketing / story nonsense and just see the fly through.