A place to discuss other watch-brands
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: Marking Time With An Old Friend

Post by StrapMeister »

I echo others comments...
Very well written, a lovely, interesting story and, although a picture is worth a thousand words, I very much enjoyed the read.
Thanks for taking the time and sharing :thumbup:
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Fantastic story and a beautiful watch.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone! I thank everyone for taking the time to read it!

Bident wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:06 am Now I'm going to have to watch that Magnum, P.I. episode!
This is the first episode where the 16750 appears. Season 4 episode 1. I am sure there were many 14-15 year olds who saw the original airing that began an obsession to find that watch!
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

Soporsche wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:19 am Interesting, well written and a spectacular watch. A really enjoyable read, thanks for sharing. 👍
+4 :clap:

2021 Post of the Year leader

What I admire even more is with the run up on Rolex pre-owned hysteria and prices (with the $$$$$ this would fetch) that I'm virtually certain you've not even spent 10 seconds thinking about selling it.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

Viognier wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:59 pm
Soporsche wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:19 am Interesting, well written and a spectacular watch. A really enjoyable read, thanks for sharing. 👍
+4 :clap:

2021 Post of the Year leader

What I admire even more is with the run up on Rolex pre-owned hysteria and prices (with the $$$$$ this would fetch) that I'm virtually certain you've not even spent 10 seconds thinking about selling it.
Thank you for the high praise! You are right too, I haven't even given it a thought. At this point, to me, it is irreplaceable. If it was lost or stolen (it is insured now) a replacement would no longer be my watch.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by gannet »

Great Post, thanks for sharing that story :D
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Easily one of the best pieces I’ve read on the forum! Thank you for sharing. I think you very accurately captured one of the aspects of watch collecting we all love most - not the thing but what it represents and reminds us of. My C65 Trident Vintage holds a similar place in my collection as does your GMT Master, just without the rich history of yours...but that will come!
Drew
Tortoise
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Tortoise »

Great piece ! :thumbup: :clap:
The watch is not too shabby either ! :D

Thanks for sharing..
cheers
Ian
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

Thanks very much guys! You are right Andrew. You can't buy or replace the mileage from the passage of time with a certain piece.
Jack London