Poljot 3133 Cam Adjustment...

A place to discuss other watch-brands
artphotodude
Senior
Senior

Poljot 3133 Cam Adjustment...

Post by artphotodude »

Hello! I have a Poljot 3133 Chronograph that has worked really well for over 20 years. The only issue, is that over the last year it had picked up an occasional problem with the minute-counter jumping a minute or two on starting the chronograph function. On a recent service, the repairman tightened a tensioner cam that firms-up the minute counter, and that problem has largely subsided, but I find that in some cases (especially when the date-wheel is also advancing around midnight), the chronograph will often stop the watch completely when trying to advance the minute counter. I've read that this indicates the came is now slightly too tight.

My repairman has a great warrantee and would happily adjust it for me, but mailing it to Saint Petersburg is a long haul, and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with servicing these watches, if so, how complicated is making adjustments to this 2nd cam? I've done a fair number of light repairs to watches and have good tools, but obviously wouldn't want to damage anything.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Poljot 3133 Cam Adjustment...

Post by H0rati0 »

Hmm, always the question for a small job, DIY or call in the expert.

I would suspect this one could be tricky so unless you can get detailed guidance form your technician as to exactly what to expect, I would let him handle it, not worth screwing up and it's not as if you need to wear it as an only watch!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
artphotodude
Senior
Senior

Re: Poljot 3133 Cam Adjustment...

Post by artphotodude »

H0rati0 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:29 am Hmm, always the question for a small job, DIY or call in the expert.

I would suspect this one could be tricky so unless you can get detailed guidance form your technician as to exactly what to expect, I would let him handle it, not worth screwing up and it's not as if you need to wear it as an only watch!
Thanks - that's a good point :clap: .

While Raketa 2609s are EASY AS PIE to deal with, on most every level, the 3133 is a COMPLICATED unit. With world politics being as dicey as they are now, I don't really want to send it out again. It is essentially perfect 99.9999% of the time - during the day, and I really only have this new problem crop-up at night when the calendar turns-over, so I might just not worry about it ( I work a nightshift job 3-days a week and sometimes use it to time my breaks, and lunch always fall at the midnight-1AM time). Once my Vostok Mod is finished, it will be my defacto work watch, and I will simply keep the chrono for normal hours use and timing things like my photo/darkroom work and my other classic old-timer (a 1950's percolator I make coffee in 7-minutes makes the best coffee you could ever ask for :0)
Perfectionism is a a mind-trap best avoided.

These truly are amazing/reliable watches (especially for the money), that are largely trouble-free and quite accurate.