Wine + YouTube purchase just now

A place to discuss other watch-brands
chriswt
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Wine + YouTube purchase just now

Post by chriswt »

A few glasses of wine and several YouTube reviews of the Sinn 104 and I’ve pulled the trigger.

I’ve always wanted a Sinn and can’t afford their Navitimer right now so went for what seems to be an extremely highly regarded model.

F874F053-DC29-4021-9AD0-BAD3F5B0EF47.jpeg
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attached photo 'Placed in Line' - https://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=55242
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: Wine + YouTube purchase just now

Post by kiter65 »

Very nice...but you’ve been around long enough to know wine/internet don’t mix :thumbup: :lol:
chriswt
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by chriswt »

kiter65 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:18 pm Very nice...but you’ve been around long enough to know wine/internet don’t mix :thumbup: :lol:
What do you mean? My dream watch is a Sub.......... I've just saved myself £5000!!!! :lol:
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

A fine choice of watch, you have chosen wisely (but I would say that as I adore my white version).
Tim
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

chriswt wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:19 pm
kiter65 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:18 pm Very nice...but you’ve been around long enough to know wine/internet don’t mix :thumbup: :lol:
What do you mean? My dream watch is a Sub.......... I've just saved myself £5000!!!! :lol:
Sorry...I was trying not to be a bad influence....drink more wine....I love mine :lol: you won’t regret it :thumbup:

chriswt
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by chriswt »

timor54 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:22 pm A fine choice of watch, you have chosen wisely (but I would say that as I adore my white version).
It was really hard to choose but I don't have a blue dial watch (well I'm selling my Seiko Turtle) so it had to be blue.
chriswt
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by chriswt »

kiter65 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:48 pm
Sorry...I was trying not to be a bad influence....drink more wine....I love mine :lol: you won’t regret it :thumbup:

It will happen one day. The more times my heart gets broken/tested by women the more the watch industry wins!
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

chriswt wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:51 pm
kiter65 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:48 pm

It will happen one day. The more times my heart gets broken/tested by women the more the watch industry wins!
And that’s why not being a wealthy man I have a half decent watch collection, given up on the fairer sex a bit back :lol: now all I need to do is shake off my son (financially) even though he’s 25 and I can set my sights on a Nautilus :lol: :lol:
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations ;)

Great choice.
chriswt
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by chriswt »

kiter65 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:09 pm
And that’s why not being a wealthy man I have a half decent watch collection, given up on the fairer sex a bit back :lol: now all I need to do is shake off my son (financially) even though he’s 25 and I can set my sights on a Nautilus :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

For lovely cars and watches I should have stayed with the ex (as lovely as she is) but it was a testament to not being happy regardless of the lifestyle that it ended!!! :oops:

Hopefully my girls will buy me the flash watches and cars instead :lol:
Andyshall
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Andyshall »

Great choice and one I have looked at many times myself. Looking forward to the pics.
If you have a few more glasses now you might forget, what lovely surprise that will be in a couple of days!
Tortoise
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Tortoise »

Congratulations - enjoy in good health! :thumbup: :clap:

I have aspirations for one of these too and have it on the radar for later this year...

Looking forward to some pictures if you have the inclination?

cheers
Ian
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Top notch purchase Chris :clap: :clap: Wine assisted or not. :lol: :lol:

I doubt you'll be disappointed as the Sinn 104 is a well regarded watch.

Looking at one a few years back I concluded it being a tad on the small side for my preferences. Mind you, preferences change and I'd probably feel OK with it now.

Its interesting to see, which I hadn't noticed before, that you have a Countdown bezel, but I'm also intrigued about the dial, as the shading on the image you've posted suggests its not a plain black but has an element of dark blue. :-k :-k

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

There are worse things you could have bought after wine! Lovely dial colour on that one. :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

Congrats, that's a lovely watch. It's available in so many appealing colourways; the sunray blue dial/black bezel variant looks a real winner. Personally I'm very taken with the white dial. Please put some pictures up when it arrives.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?