Is the Rolex Explorer II 'a' one-watch??

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Is the Rolex Explorer II 'a' one-watch??

Post by Wis »

Probably a connection there I should think.
Bjørn
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

The timing of this thread is very interesting for me..for the past couple of weeks or so, I've been seriously considering adding one of these to my collection...maybe I should hasten my decision!!.. :problem:
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

In regards to the young lady with the swim goggles...
One of THE best ads ever produced for any product EVER, in IMO.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
BobMunro
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by BobMunro »

I have no intention of reducing my collection to one watch, but if that outcome was essential the choice would be very, very easy:

I haven't reached the point where I don't know what day it is - so a date is not essential.

I can't remember the last time I had the need to use the stopwatch function - so chronograph is not essential.

When I travel for leisure I don't need or necessarily want to know the time back home - I just reset my watch to local time. When I travel for business I have an iPhone that tells me the precise time in every geographical location where we have operations - so a GMT is not essential.

I therefore need a watch that just tells the time where I am located, and can be worn in every situation - christening, wedding, funeral, black tie, business suit (with or without a tie), t-shirt with jeans or shorts, lazing by the pool in swimming trunks, swimming in the pool (I have a watch that can go to over 12,000 feet but 1,000 feet is more than enough!). A watch that makes me feel good when wearing it, even though it is not that uncommon a sight! Also, not too big, and not too small - 40mm is the sweet spot.

Based on the above, you won't be surprised to know that my one watch (heaven forbid there was a need) would be my 114060 Rolex Submariner.
Time flies whether you're having fun or not. The choice is yours.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Like others here, this thread got me to thinking and then last week I had an unexpected windfall......

Until recently I have been pretty content with my two "one watch" watches except that both have black dials (Chronoswiss & C8PR) so I got to feeling a white dial of similar character could have a place in the stable. Having proposed a Citizen HAQ here, I set to seriously considering acquiring one but found I could not bring myself to go full blown quartz at this level - much as Citizen HAQ does intrigue and attract. Then I stumbled on something else Japanese, previously acknowledged but unconsidered (partly budget, partly aesthetics) that straddles the divide....

So the deal is cut and I await in trepidation, firstly the tender ministrations of German customs and most importantly condition [-o<

Can anybody save me some research and tell me what is the position on EU VAT/customs if I have to reject and send it back? I presume there is some reclaim mechanism?
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Lu..
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Lu.. »

If only CW offered their GMT with a Coke Bezel insert (not a fan of the Pepsi colorway) or the SS bezel with a red GMT hand to homage the Exp2 16570.

Can you special order that from CW and ask them to swap the bezel inserts from their GMTs?
Ω Moonwatch 3861 Sapphire ... Bulova "Mickey Mouse" ... C.Ward C65 Trident ... Movado Esperanza Museum ... Longines Model 2133
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Lu.. wrote: Can you special order that from CW and ask them to swap the bezel inserts from their GMTs?
CW run a Bespoke watch facility, details on their website, for special watches. They'll gladly mix and match existing parts to fulfill your design.

You simply need to commit to a minimum order of 25 pieces.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England