Furlan Marri

A place to discuss other watch-brands
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Furlan Marri

Post by StrapMeister »

I came across this on Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/an ... rlan-marri and then read a Worn & Wound review https://wornandwound.com/review/hands-o ... na-salmon/, subsequently I'm quite tempted.
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Re: Furlan Marri

Post by Soporsche »

Its very attractive and well thought out, I did consider backing but haven't as yet. Whilst a couple of the colourways really appeal, the size is a little small for my taste (but absolutely in keeping with the design) and secondly the VK64 movement. I've had a couple of KS watches with it and whilst its a great compromise of attractive price, solid reliability with mechanical features for the chrono, I found I would generally strap on an auto chrono in preference when delving in the watch box.
All that said, I'm now going to contradict myself (not for the 1st time) and declare I may yet still back it as it is very pretty and the vintage vibe looks like it will be well executed.
At the backers price I don't think there would be too many regrets 🙂.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
robbo1982

Post by robbo1982 »

Not enough close ups of the watch ! Video was 90% guff with a few glimpses!
I agree though looks like a good piece but I know I'd never wear it as too dressy for me

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk

StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

One of my concerns is that they are already talking about changing the design (wtf!), e.g. specifically removing the word "Chronograph" from the dial. I can see this having an impact on the balance of the dial.
I'm now a backer, BUT, if I don't get a satisfactory answer, or indeed picture of the "new" design, then I'll pull out.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Got a reply back from the creators with regards to the "new" dial design, pictures here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... FTpcY9Tmze
Almost certainly going to stick with this one as I really like the vintage vibe to these.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Well...what fantastic timing :D
Here it is:
FURLAN MARI Farro 002.JPG
FURLAN MARI Farro 003.JPG
FURLAN MARI Farro 004.JPG
FURLAN MARI Farro 005.JPG
FURLAN MARI Farro 006.JPG
FURLAN MARI Farro 007.JPG
At 38mm I was a little skeptical about the size but, given the vintage vibe of it and the gold case plus the strap change, first impressions are that it's actually not to bad :D
TG3N
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by TG3N »

I had their ‘Tasti Tondi’ model for a while last weekend - a friend brought one round that they’d bought - and I was very impressed, especially at the Kickstarter price point.

Very classy and looked/felt much more expensive than it was.

Especially liked the double-domed sapphire crystal, the case finishing, knurling on the pusher ends, quick-release strap & a fairly complex dial.

My pet hate is poorly-finished hands that are stamped from steel, flat and with no facets, polish or character - but the Furlan Marri has lovely polished and heat-blued hands, curved to follow the dial and with a rounded profile that catches light attractively. My only criticism is that their legibility suffers a bit.

A nice touch marking the dial, case & buckle with the reference too.

Nice to see quality, tactile box & packaging that isn’t ridiculously big.

I also like the VK64 movement, so that doesn’t dissuade me.

The aesthetic perhaps isn’t for everyone, but I liked it. The sort of piece that I think will have even those who don’t overly care about watches checking out your wrist to see what it is.

Overall, I was rather taken with it and will be keeping an eye out for one.

It reminded me of my reaction to my Monta Oceanking - the distinct sense that great care and thought had gone into the production, by someone who is a real fan of watches.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

That looks really good. I really wanted to back this and wanted the salmon dial but that **** Ross @ Hamtun put me off Kickstarter for life.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Very nice indeed, Nigel. And what a timely arrival for you – a real birthday treat.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:10 pm Very nice indeed, Nigel. And what a timely arrival for you – a real birthday treat.
Thanks Steve :thumbup:
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

TG3N wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:00 pm I had their ‘Tasti Tondi’ model for a while last weekend - a friend brought one round that they’d bought - and I was very impressed, especially at the Kickstarter price point.

Very classy and looked/felt much more expensive than it was.

Especially liked the double-domed sapphire crystal, the case finishing, knurling on the pusher ends, quick-release strap & a fairly complex dial.

My pet hate is poorly-finished hands that are stamped from steel, flat and with no facets, polish or character - but the Furlan Marri has lovely polished and heat-blued hands, curved to follow the dial and with a rounded profile that catches light attractively. My only criticism is that their legibility suffers a bit.

A nice touch marking the dial, case & buckle with the reference too.

Nice to see quality, tactile box & packaging that isn’t ridiculously big.

I also like the VK64 movement, so that doesn’t dissuade me.

The aesthetic perhaps isn’t for everyone, but I liked it. The sort of piece that I think will have even those who don’t overly care about watches checking out your wrist to see what it is.

Overall, I was rather taken with it and will be keeping an eye out for one.

It reminded me of my reaction to my Monta Oceanking - the distinct sense that great care and thought had gone into the production, by someone who is a real fan of watches.
I think that's a pretty fair assessment :thumbup:
I've tried to take some more pictures, particularly of the hands which have a slight curvature to them
FURLAN MARI Farro 008.JPG
FURLAN MARI Farro 009.JPG
FURLAN MARI Farro 010.JPG
Plus some pictures from the campaign
Furlan Marri 02.jpg
Furlan Marri 04.jpg