Incoming - Another Invicta

A place to discuss other watch-brands
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Incoming - Another Invicta

Post by JAFO »

So a couple of days ago I noticed an Invicta Europe webinar , which featured a few instant buy special offers it. I had already bought the 31290/1953 at 120 euros. This time they had a variant of this, no 34335 - the same but with a black and green bezel, at 99 euros down from 145. The only other difference is the word "automatic" at 6 o'clock is in red. There were originally a few other colour variants as well, but there just seems to be the black and orange version now, back at 145. This link anyway https://www.invictastores.eu/search/?se ... 4335#start

Be rude not to, so I bought it on Monday evening, despatched from NL yesterday, and delivered by Fedex at 9am this morning. Came with a supermarket-type yellow Invicta shopping bag as well. I haven't de-stickered it yet - I have just wound it to check the accuracy.

Now on the website it said "you might need to pay duty", but I didn't have to. The outer packaging didn't have a price declaration, but border force put a sticker on it, so they saw it.

Anyway, I paid for the first watch on paypal and 120 euros cost £113. I paid for the second one on credit card and this one cost £85 plus 3% foreign currency charge, so £87 odd altogether, so much better this time. I expected a VAT charge, but didn't get one. I think I will use credit cards in future. I feel they are perhaps a bit cheaper than paypal, but maybe it's the same and there are just currency fluctuations. I always avoid pre-paying customs charges where I can, and I still haven't caught a customs VAT charge this year.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Incoming - Another Invicta

Post by what-time-is-it »

You may be ok, but I've had items delivered by Fedex from overseas and then a letter has dropped in the letterbox a few days later asking to pay the vat and handling.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I see. Maybe, then. In the past whenever there was duty to pay, it's been delivered by the post office, and the post office have held delivery until I paid the duty.
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

i think it depends on what arrangements the carriers have with HMRC for collecting the duty - and their internal accounting procedures. Certainly RM won't hand over the goods until the duty + their handling charge is paid. If not, they send it back.
Personally, I always factor in that cost and just rationalise it by thinking that schools and hospitals are worth having, so expect to pay the duty. Many EC sellers are now knocking off local VAT anyway so no loss really, just a bit of a faff.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

what-time-is-it wrote:You may be ok, but I've had items delivered by Fedex from overseas and then a letter has dropped in the letterbox a few days later asking to pay the vat and handling.
Likewise here.

Recently with my Draken Tugela Shaka from New York via FedEx. Watch arrived super quick, followed about a week later by a letter from FedEx for the VAT and Admin Fee.

I tried to pay online via my Laptop but the FedEx website was having none of it, even using a different browser.

I had to wait until the next morning and intended phoning them but thought I'd try doing the payment on my mobile. Straight through.

Go work that one out!

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

exHowfener wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:40 pm i think it depends on what arrangements the carriers have with HMRC for collecting the duty - and their internal accounting procedures. Certainly RM won't hand over the goods until the duty + their handling charge is paid. If not, they send it back.
Personally, I always factor in that cost and just rationalise it by thinking that schools and hospitals are worth having, so expect to pay the duty. Many EC sellers are now knocking off local VAT anyway so no loss really, just a bit of a faff.
Well that's it. I assumed that Invicta had an arrangement to deduct the EU (NL)Vat within the ticket price, and pay HMRC the UK VAT. I know that's the way CW do it for their exports. I wouldn't have been surprised to pay another £25 for VAT and handling, which would have just ended up at the same total as the last one.

Here's a couple of photos now. It's a solid green around the bottom half of the bezel, but the sunlight is causing the dark shading.
Invicta4.jpg
Invicta3.jpg
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Rather than start a new thread ... I saw a CW C60 with a red bezel and then Invicta advertised this as their Monday night special. 80 euros, and I couldn't resist. It's actually really good, seems to be settling down at under 5spd. Even my wife said it was nice as I didn't have a red watch.
InvictaRed.jpg
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Top notch. :clap: :clap:

You can't really go wrong for 80 Euros and seeing as you have your wife's approval, you now have the opportunity to get another red bezel watch and swap them over. :lol: :lol:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
SimonGermany
Senior
Senior

Post by SimonGermany »

Decent enough for €80! My 1953 is running wel and is definitely a keeper.

I’m hoping they’ll go with gold indices on the bezel and maybe a red triangle on the lume pip for a future 1953 model.

I can’t understand why they don’t lose the daft Invicta engraving on the case and offer a ceramic bezel. They would surely sell well.
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

SimonGermany wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:32 am Decent enough for €80! My 1953 is running wel and is definitely a keeper.

I’m hoping they’ll go with gold indices on the bezel and maybe a red triangle on the lume pip for a future 1953 model.

I can’t understand why they don’t lose the daft Invicta engraving on the case and offer a ceramic bezel. They would surely sell well.
IIRC I think the new 1953 versions did away with the deep engraving on the left flank.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:02 pm Top notch. :clap: :clap:

You can't really go wrong for 80 Euros and seeing as you have your wife's approval, you now have the opportunity to get another red bezel watch and swap them over. :lol: :lol:

Guy
No. I don't understand that Guy. :-?

@richtel
Yes this proudly one declares the Invicta on the wrist, but you hardly know it's there. I noticed Montblanc have "MeisterStuck" on at least some of their watches as well.
SimonGermany
Senior
Senior

Post by SimonGermany »

richtel wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:56 am
SimonGermany wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:32 am Decent enough for €80! My 1953 is running wel and is definitely a keeper.

IIRC I think the new 1953 versions did away with the deep engraving on the left flank.
Oops sorry, I was unclear. I meant their standard Pro Diver offering.

Although having thought about it, perhaps they are keeping Invicta at the cheaper end of the market, having acquired Glycine....?
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I got a discount. The normal price was £740.26 :D