INTRODUCING: The Seiko Presage Sharp Edged GMT Collection oozes robust elegance

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

I'll have to give one of these some strong consideration if & when they become available at discounted price points after their May 2021 introduction...

The force is strong with Seiko and it’s clear they are not holding back this year with some fantastic new releases. The Sharp Edged Presage collection is known for its robust elegance, featuring eye-catching dials in highly scratch and water-resistant cases. Previously we all had a plethora of dials to admire in the time and date format. For those who want a little more complication, Seiko has now introduced the Seiko Presage Sharp Edged GMT collection.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/introduc ... edged-gmt/
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: INTRODUCING: The Seiko Presage Sharp Edged GMT Collection oozes robust elegance

Post by nbg »

I liked the look of the three hander sharp edged models when introduced last year. The green in particular.

Interested to handle one of these once the shops are open again. Keen to see how the case finishing, bracelet and dial compare to a GS.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Re: INTRODUCING: The Seiko Presage Sharp Edged GMT Collection oozes robust elegance

Post by timor54 »

I'm very interested in these. I also like the style of the cases, there's almost a Grand Seiko 44GS feel about them

What really appeals is that this is a true travellers GMT with an independent hour hand :clap: These are going to retail at £1300 in the UK but they're not available 'till June. Maybe Seiko were possibly rushed into an early announcement as they've been leaked in a lot of place for the last month or so.
Tim
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by josbrownlie »

I quite like them. Would also like to see in the flesh first
C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
Lu..
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Lu.. »

Wow...and they are offering it in a brown dial.....hmmmmm

https://www.seikowatches.com/global-en/ ... ed_series/

Ω Moonwatch 3861 Sapphire ... Bulova "Mickey Mouse" ... C.Ward C65 Trident ... Movado Esperanza Museum ... Longines Model 2133
biglove
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by biglove »

Have been eyeballing these since announced. Have come very close to pre-ordering from Sakura as they are offering a 10% discount on them BUT have decided is just too big for my comfort.

Have a Sharp Edge three hander that is fantastic but they do wear large.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance or conscientious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

biglove wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:56 am Have been eyeballing these since announced. Have come very close to pre-ordering from Sakura as they are offering a 10% discount on them BUT have decided is just too big for my comfort.

Travis, it would be nice of the case size was 40mm, wouldn't it?.. :problem:
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
biglove
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by biglove »

Thunder1 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:15 am
biglove wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:56 am Have been eyeballing these since announced. Have come very close to pre-ordering from Sakura as they are offering a 10% discount on them BUT have decided is just too big for my comfort.

Travis, it would be nice of the case size was 40mm, wouldn't it?.. :problem:
Absolutely! 38-40mm would be great but a bit over 42+crown? That's Sumo territory.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance or conscientious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

I like the idea of it but I hate the power reserve and weird date.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Lu..
Senior
Senior

Post by Lu.. »

Been eyeing the brown GMT.....anybody get one yet?

https://www.fratellowatches.com/rise-up ... edged-gmt/
Ω Moonwatch 3861 Sapphire ... Bulova "Mickey Mouse" ... C.Ward C65 Trident ... Movado Esperanza Museum ... Longines Model 2133
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

Hmm, brown looks particularly nice.

Glad they decided against packing "Seiko Presage Sharp Edged " across the dial.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20FLE
Some other brands
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

One of these is on my 'wish' list.. 8)