Seiko - 140 year anniversary

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Seiko - 140 year anniversary

Post by Robotaz »

jimbo wrote:I can't agree about Seiko bracelets being poor, my Seiko "Monster" bracelet is one of the most comfortable I have worn, and I love it The safety buckle over the clasp feels solid and gives a definite "Clunk" like you expect from a decent car door closing.

I love everything about my "Monster"
I agree, but you may not be aware that the $3000 MM 300 bracelet is basically the same quality as your $200-$500 Monster bracelet. Only difference is the clasp having micro adjustment. The cheaper you go, the better the value proposition.
brash47
Expert
Expert

Post by brash47 »

The new 62mas divers (spb149 which I have) have a newer much more comfortable bracelet. It feels much more solid than my sbdc053 and 055...and those are very nice bracelets.

I'd try one on before griping about them being low quality.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

brash47 wrote:The new 62mas divers (spb149 which I have) have a newer much more comfortable bracelet. It feels much more solid than my sbdc053 and 055...and those are very nice bracelets.

I'd try one on before griping about them being low quality.

I owned every decent Seiko and GS watch on a bracelet up until about 2 years ago, and I did own the newest MM300. The bracelets are terrible at the prices charged. They work and Seiko does a great job of making them acceptable for how terrible they are. The more you own the more you’ll realize it. Not the other way around.
brash47
Expert
Expert

Post by brash47 »

I've owned numerous Seikos and Grand Seikos. The bracelets have gotten better, especially in the last year. Again, the newest spb14* series has a very nice comfortable bracelet. They are definitely upping their game in this area. I can't speak for your 2+ year old watches. For their cheaper watches, they are adequate like you say.

I have an insane comfortable bracelet with adjustable clasp on my GS quartz diver. No complaints at all.

Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

brash47 wrote:I've owned numerous Seikos and Grand Seikos. The bracelets have gotten better, especially in the last year. Again, the newest spb14* series has a very nice comfortable bracelet. They are definitely upping their game in this area. I can't speak for your 2+ year old watches. For their cheaper watches, they are adequate like you say.

I have an insane comfortable bracelet with adjustable clasp on my GS quartz diver. No complaints at all.

GS bracelets are nice. I had the stainless spring drive diver and the end link fitment to the case was spectacular. Also very nice looking and comfortable like no other Seiko I’ve seen.

Where that GS bracelet failed was the clasp. It was very thick and just didn’t have the quality of literally the entire rest of the watch.

The clasp was not why it wasn’t a keeper. That reason was the bezel. While I never scratched mine, I knew eventually I’d hit that lacquer and destroy it. I got rid of it because it was too much money in a watch that could be totally ruined bumping the bezel on something.

If Seiko changed the bezel to ceramic, I’d sell whatever I have to in order to buy one. The rest of the watch is perfect as long as the clasp is tolerable, which it is for me.

Patiently waiting...
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Two new additions for Seiko’s 140th Anniversary:-

https://wornandwound.com/seiko-honors-g ... -editions/

Interesting looking dials.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ Thanks for this Brian.

I've never really fancied any of the Presage range but this one is fabulous. The dial texture is amazing, along with the overlapping sub-dials.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

They're quite nice, and reasonably priced. Very different and engaging dials.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:27 am ^^^^ Thanks for this Brian.

I've never really fancied any of the Presage range but this one is fabulous. The dial texture is amazing, along with the overlapping sub-dials.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Happy to help, Guy

I’ve preordered a Presage myself. I prefer the dial size of this one to the Alpinist.

Trouble is, I’m currently up to 17 and that’s the maximum for my display box.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain