Tribus Watches

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Tribus Watches

Post by Richard D »

A1soknownas wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:42 am Good creative effort in constructing the above image.

I had assumed that the smoke picture posted previously was a promotional shot but now this has me thinking that you created it too :clap:!

Have you received any interest in the MDS model when wearing? People are often reserved in commenting on watches etc but the design may prompt a greater reaction. Granted due to covid etc the chances of wearing out and about were reduced of course!
Thanks, all the watch photographs are my work. As for the MDS, yes it has been noticed and has promoted conversion. Images do not give justice to this watch, you have to see it up close to appreciate the detail both the dial and the caseback. It will have its critics, I get that. Everyone has their opinion. As for me I’m throughly enjoying wearing a unique watch.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Richard D wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:54 am Thanks, all the watch photographs are my work. As for the MDS, yes it has been noticed and has promoted conversion. Images do not give justice to this watch, you have to see it up close to appreciate the detail both the dial and the caseback. It will have its critics, I get that. Everyone has their opinion. As for me I’m throughly enjoying wearing a unique watch.
Good work, we will look forward to the completed 4 dial image.

I have plenty of abstract art which some may not be interested in but I'd much rather look at a Rothko than an image of the countryside. The MDS probably prompts different thoughts when you look at it compared to a standard dial and I guess that is what it is all about and what appeals. It would be dull if all watches were the same!
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

@Richard. You'd previously suggested (maybe I just inferred) that more Tribus models would follow. Any indication on when they might be released? Nothing in the current range appeals, but I remain hopeful based on some of the great stuff Chris was part of at CW
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Tribus article from WatchPro yesterday

https://www.watchpro.com/tribus-reaches ... from-hell/
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

A1soknownas wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:54 amIt would be dull if all watches were the same!
Absolutely.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:18 pm @Richard. You'd previously suggested (maybe I just inferred) that more Tribus models would follow. Any indication on when they might be released? Nothing in the current range appeals, but I remain hopeful based on some of the great stuff Chris was part of at CW
Alan at watchjunky (https://watchjunky.co.uk/) has interviewed the guys at TRIBUS and he told me to look out for new models coming out. I think there is a diver and a motorsports in the mix.
Richard

Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

If you haven’t seen the interview Alan did with TRIBUS here is a link: https://youtu.be/gBsYl7dMBc4

Some of you may recognise a face from the past.
Richard

scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

An interesting video but I honestly thought that the presenter seen at the start was Johnny Vegas.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

scooter wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:26 pm An interesting video but I honestly thought that the presenter seen at the start was Johnny Vegas.

scooter
Alan will be flattered.
Richard

JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I saw that interview before. For a company that purported to be not about Mr Christopher Ward, it seemed to be too strongly centred on him perhaps. As long as he is there it's hard to see how he won't be the main personality, especially with problems such as severing the Liverpool relationship.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

^^^^ thanks Richard
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

A change of tack it seems for Tribus:

THE GLOVES ARE OFF IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE
September marks the first anniversary of TRIBUS. After a review of the year, TRIBUS has adopted more aggressive lower pricing as well as introducing easier methods for customers worldwide to split payments with interest free credit. The new low price on all chronometers is largely as a result of a change in sponsorships and more favourable post-Brexit rates of exchange.

This now makes TRIBUS one of the very few brands whose watches are truly Swiss-made, offering a chronometer standard timepiece for under £1000.

Co-Founder, Chris Ward, said, “After our first year, I think it’s fair to say the world has changed. Consumers’ views have also changed, meaning that we need to change too. So, if that means cutting our prices to be more affordable to people, then that’s exactly what we will do.”
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I don't recall the previous prices exactly, but I notice the least expensive small seconds is now under £1000 and I think it was £200 or maybe £300 higher previously.

I also note the Liverpool watches have ceased to be.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

i find it strange that they cut the lfc link so fast. The whole ESL died in 2 days, so why did they not wait for LFC to make their decision? imo Tribus would not have suffered commercially by now still being the official timekeeper for LFC. Did they do it because it was an easy way out of a terrible contract?
I liked the video but all i cam away thinking was 'wow they have given a lot of free watches away'
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
RobR

Post by RobR »

Great to see the very competitive prices though. I’m guessing this campaign marks the end of Chris’s non- compete clause !