Tribus Watches

A place to discuss other watch-brands
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Tribus Watches

Post by JAFO »

I am still not so sure what's going on. It's hard to find out how much reward points are really worth. At one point only that I could find, it says 50 points per £1. They wouldn't change that surely during a special.offer. They would just out an extra flash headline "double rewards until such and such", and then adjust the slider. Anyway 50points per £1 doesn't do it for me. Having said that you get 50 points for browsing the website, so over a couple of years you could patiently build up a nice points balance.

The other thing I don't understand is that although they respond to emails, there's no phone number, and apparently no other way to contact them other than email. To me that's not the way a reputable UK company should work. It's certainly not the way CW built up there vast stock of goodwill. ,Come to that it's not the way Watches of Switzerland, and pretty well any other online and bricks and mortar UK watch dealers operate.
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

Email received today... (confirmed double reward points value is 50 points per £1, normally 100 points per £1)

It’s been a very difficult 17 months for a lot of people amidst the pandemic. Losing loved ones; overcoming unforeseen challenges; putting lives on hold indefinitely. But if there’s a positive that can be drawn from all of this, it’s reaffirmed a faith in humanity. People going above and beyond, supporting others, showing love and kindness and all pulling together in a time of need.

Survey the bigger picture, and the challenges of launching a watch brand during a worldwide pandemic seem insignificant. Yet your interest in TRIBUS during this time has made a world of difference to us. By way of thanks, and as someone who has registered for our TRIBUS Rewards scheme, we’re doubling the value of any Rewards points you’ve earned until the 18th of June. With Father’s Day looming on the horizon, you can use them to treat your Dad (or yourself) – we’ll leave that decision up to you…

Once again, thank you for your support. Together, we are stronger.

James Ward
TRIBUS Co-founder
www.tribus-watches.com
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Now Tribus watches are going to be available from the WatchPro ecommerce shop.

https://www.watchpro.com/corders-column ... rce-store/
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ An interesting move for both WatchPro and Tribus along with an eclectic selection of Brands on offer.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

JAFO wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:17 pm I am still not so sure what's going on. It's hard to find out how much reward points are really worth. At one point only that I could find, it says 50 points per £1. They wouldn't change that surely during a special.offer. They would just out an extra flash headline "double rewards until such and such", and then adjust the slider. Anyway 50points per £1 doesn't do it for me. Having said that you get 50 points for browsing the website, so over a couple of years you could patiently build up a nice points balance.
I’ve always assumed they simply stuck a premium on the prices so that they could offer a notional discount to regular customers.

It’s an old scheme that first came to forefront as a marketing tactic just over 20 years ago. It kinda suckers people in to thinking they’re getting a bargain price against a product with no known market value.

By increasing the points balance on consecutive purchases they can build customer data and there’s zero cost as the discount is already accounted for in the price premium.

Not the same scale but it’s similar to the old petrol forecourt schemes where you gathered more and more free glasses the more you spent.

To a degree, the CW voucher scheme is similar in that they could easily jack prices up by £100 per unit simply to offer it back to anyone who’s registered on their database.

The slight difference is that those vouchers aren’t always available (although they often add new offers to replace them).

This kind of price discounting from a single retail brand is exactly the same as someone like DFS. They can always have a discount offer in place because you can’t directly compare their prices - no one else sells the same merchandise.

The only time you can get a feel for a genuine offer is when a product is available from multiple outlets and a market value is formed - then Amazon pop up and undercut everyone. . .
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

“ I’ve always assumed they simply stuck a premium on the prices so that they could offer a notional discount to regular customers.

It’s an old scheme that first came to forefront as a marketing tactic just over 20 years ago. It kinda suckers people in to thinking they’re getting a bargain price against a product with no known market value.”

That happens with most pricier items in retail. Who pays the full sticker price for a car, a durable appliance, or furniture? :/
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

thomcat00 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:34 am “ I’ve always assumed they simply stuck a premium on the prices so that they could offer a notional discount to regular customers.

It’s an old scheme that first came to forefront as a marketing tactic just over 20 years ago. It kinda suckers people in to thinking they’re getting a bargain price against a product with no known market value.”

That happens with most pricier items in retail. Who pays the full sticker price for a car, a durable appliance, or furniture? :/
Rolex owners :lol:

Or maybe some Porsche buyers - some of their limited editions trade at above list price and AD's won't even take your order unless you're an existing customer with previous purchase history.

I totally agree though. It just surprises me that some Tribus people seem to have fallen into the trap of thinking it's a unique scheme and/or offers some kind of value that the discounts available from other manufacturers or retailers.

Only today I was offered 10% on a nice Tudor without even pushing much. I simply said I'd seen some cheaper :)
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Out of interest the rewards points on Tribus have now halved from where they were before, and it's now 100 points per £1 discount.

Note that you get 5000 points for creating an account, and more points for using FB/Twitter. You also get 50 points for logging in and browsing, so if you did that for 100 days you would get another 5000, relatively quickly. 10000 points is worth £100, and a double points offer makes it £200. It's definitely worth considering getting some points on the board just in case anything catches your eye.

Maybe it's worth CW offering discount points on watch purchases, to give an alternative or an addition to the loupe vouchers.
audio.bill
Guru
Guru

Post by audio.bill »

Regarding the 50 points for browsing the Tribus site, their system only allows you to do that once per week.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

^^^ they just need a range of watches that get my interest so that I want to visit their site
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

audio.bill wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:27 pm Regarding the 50 points for browsing the Tribus site, their system only allows you to do that once per week.
Thanks for that. It will take even longer than I thought then. :D. I don't do FB and Twitter and stuff either.
audio.bill
Guru
Guru

Post by audio.bill »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:00 pm ^^^ they just need a range of watches that get my interest so that I want to visit their site
I agree... wanted to pick one up during the double point value offer but wasn't that taken with any of them. Too many PVD plated cases with limited choices in steel.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I might take a serious look at one of the small seconds versions should they appear in a sale event.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Tribus seem to be having a 30%off Summer sale. Seems familiar.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
audio.bill
Guru
Guru

Post by audio.bill »

Only select variations are included in the sale, not all colorways within each model line.
https://tribus-watches.com/collections/summer-offer-21