Tribus Watches

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Tribus Watches

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Still looks like a defect between 35 and 40, but I guess that’s just the photo. That’s quite an interesting contrast between hour and minute hand. Hour hand looks very dark against the minute hand
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

7D1D76E1-E922-499B-ABFC-496C387F377B.png
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

MDS signature case back.

FF019E3D-308E-44A3-B3EF-6BBE2BB6A585.jpeg
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I see what you mean now. That's what I thought was a reflection on the first picture. There really isn't anything there. I polished it again carefully with a new cloth, and there's no mark at all. Maybe a bit of sticky had been left behind that my poor eyesight missed.

There's no contrast between the hands. The hands are flat gold sticks/batons with a narrow infill of lume. The 3,9 and 12 indices are slightly raised wedges with lume infill. The other indices are gold buttons. The hands look black at some angles because of the way the light reflects. It's similar to the way speedmaster chrono hands almost disappear completely at some angles. I don't know if you've ever seen that. Here's another attempt.
IMG_20210602_222626472~2.jpg
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Sure, I could see that the hands were the same colour but I could also see that in that photo the hands reflected very differently, hence the comment on contrast. My C5 mk1 has a similar thing where the silver hands reflect almost black in certain lights.

Good to see that the sapphire cleaned up well
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

Received in an email announcement this morning:

USE YOUR DOUBLE REWARDS POINTS THIS FATHER'S DAY
In time for Father’s Day, we’re doubling the value of any Rewards points you’ve earned. These will double at checkout and can be used towards any TRIBUS Chronometer, My Dog Sighs or Brentford FC watch. After all, why shouldn’t your loyalty be rewarded? Spend your double points on your Dad, or yourself (we won’t judge), but don’t miss out – double Rewards points are available for two weeks only*.

*Double Rewards points available from 4th to 18th June. Excludes TRI-07 + 08 models, straps and bracelets.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I think it will still be too steep, but I gave garnered quite a few points. Thanks for the tip.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I'm trying to work out how the points rewards work. You can build up points in lots of ways, but it's not clear to me how much your points are actually worth, and therefore whether my points are doubling up.

Does anyone know how much points are worth?
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

I got the email as well.
So I was straight over to the Tribus web site to see how many points I had.
Then worked out the points value which, with the double rewards, would be quite substantial in my case.
JAFO wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:04 pm I'm trying to work out how the points rewards work. You can build up points in lots of ways, but it's not clear to me how much your points are actually worth, and therefore whether my points are doubling up.

Does anyone know how much points are worth?
50 points = £1
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

So at double this, 50 points should be £2. Is that right? Or is 50 points for £1 already doubled up.

For example, I put a watch in my basket, and the rewards slider evaluated the reward at 50 points per £1. A balance of 10000 points gave me a reward of £200.
audio.bill
Guru
Guru

Post by audio.bill »

The double rewards points doesn't start until 6/4 so I don't think it's active yet. I believe you're correct @JAFO, the site states the normal reward value is 50 points per £1 ($1.42), which should be doubled during the offer with each 50 points being worth £2. That's my expectation.
audio.bill
Guru
Guru

Post by audio.bill »

I was testing to see if the double reward points were active in their cart as they were supposed to be by June 4th, but I saw that it was only awarding a discount of £1 per 50 points. That corresponds with the standard award as shown on their rewards page of 50 points per £1. I contacted them through their site to bring it to their attention and they responded:

"TRIBUS Points are worth 1p each meaning that 100 points are worth £1 when redeeming at checkout. The "50 points per £1" statement on the Rewards Page is incorrect. We will speak to our website team to have this amended in due course. The double reward points are now redeemable and will show at checkout. When moving the "slider" to apply the points, you will be able to redeem double the value of the points that you hold."
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Do they use the old CW web team? :lol:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

In passing I tried to use some points to see what happened. They are currently evaluating points at 50/£1, so 10000 gets £200 discount. Actually this is off the goods value, pre VAT, so it's actually worth an extra 20% for the VAT saving, but still not worth so much against anything but the least expensive watches.
audio.bill
Guru
Guru

Post by audio.bill »

Customer support from Tribus has been very courteous and apologetic for the problem. They suspect that their website team had already changed the rewards point value to reflect the double points offer without designating it as such, and they will be correcting it shortly to avoid any further confusion. They apologized again for the inconvenience and misunderstanding of their offer. They seem very sincere and professional in the way they're handling this situation.