A place to discuss other watch-brands
Gar787
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Re: Tribus Watches

Post by Gar787 »

JAFO wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:18 pm
Gar787 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:39 pm Not for me being an Evertonian, but enjoy the watch. I took three recent purchases over to Liverpool on the day Chris Ward signed the deal off with LFC. We had breakfast and he signed the boxes (one for my son and a mate’s retirement present, then he signed mine!) I didn’t check it until I got home. As you might expect he left an abusive message as to my football allegiances on the box...the Rednosed git! I’m popping in to the showroom early July and will ask Mike France (Bluenose) to sign ‘Nil Satis Nisi Optimum’ on my new C63 Sealander Elite box, just to balance things up. You koppites are all the same!
Best regards, Phil
I'm not a Liverpool fan, although I was pleased they won the league in such an adventurous fashion. I just thought it seemed a nice watch for not much money. I've been in touch with customer services who clarified all my points except for one issue. I definitely prefer the subtle cream to the in-yer-face red.
Yes, I have to agree re:the colour and pricing and also the sentiment as far as their panache when winning the league...but please, keep that quiet.
PHIL
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Richard D wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:03 pm .
Absolutely, the Liverpool reach is huge and that can be see by the following they have on social media. TRIBUS also enjoys a sponsorship deal with Brentford FC, https://sportskhabri.com/brentford-foot ... -sponsors/. It’s only a matter of time before Brentford will be joining the top flight. All of this achieved in just a few years, I’m thinking not bad for a new British watch brand.
. . .and hopefully the tie up with Brentford will prove more successful, with them having this afternoon secured a place in the Championship Play off Final, for promotion to The Premier League. They only now need to beat either Swansea or Barnsley.

https://tribus-watches.com/pages/brentford-fc

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ One of my best friends is a Barnsley fan, so I’m rather hoping for his sake that Brentford don’t get promoted. Sorry.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

^^^I met Marcus Forss when he was on loan with us. Nice bloke, fantastic talent and a great striker. I’m with the 🐝 s for the prem!
Freddie
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Freddie »

As an avid Bees fan I was pretty interested in the Tribus Brentford edition because it contains a part of something I grew up going to. Should it go on 50% sale (like the LFC ones) I will snap one up, but at £1950 it’s a little too rich for me. I’d love to know how many of the 1904 have been sold…
I am not quite sure what to put here, my name is my handle :problem:
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I'm pretty sure that all of the watches use the same 41mm case, with a space for a subdial at 6 o'clock. It's probably a good way for a startup to plan things, as you only need one basic design, and 41mm is a good a sweet spot as any, but they need other designs sooner rather than later.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

^^^^ yes they do, but each of my TRIBUS watches feel so different and yes, new designs are on the way.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I didn't mention this before, but I had actually bought an automatic Tribus Liverpool watch in gold. I don't have a gold watch, and when these came down to half price I decided to get one. As the price dropped subsequently, Tribus actually refunded me a further 20%.

I still wasn't completely sure, but after a lot of thought I decided to keep it, and today got around to removing the stickers and adjusting the bracelet. I had assumed this was pin and collar, and wasn't looking forward to it, but I was wrong. It's just a pushpin, so quite a bit easier.

It's amazing how resizing a bracelet affects the feel. Now it fits correctly, I am really pleased with both the fit, and the colour. It was running about 15secs fast in the box. Hopefully it will improve with wearing, but it wasn't sold as a COSC.

One thing - as all the watch cases use the same 41mm case, it would be well worth grabbing one of the discounted Liverpool watches just to get a steel bracelet. The bracelet is priced on it's own at £220, but you can get a Liverpool chrono on the steel bracelet for less than £180, slightly more for gold or gunmetal. The bracelet has a very nice integrated adjustment, although no quick release lugs. The integrated adjustment works by squeezing buttons on the clasp, so it's really easy. Some of the sale watches have disappeared, so I assume those models have all been sold now.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

‘Watch Junky’ interviews TRIBUS. Excellent insight into the brand and the direction taken.

https://youtu.be/gBsYl7dMBc4
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

JAFO wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:14 pm I didn't mention this before, but I had actually bought an automatic Tribus Liverpool watch in gold. I don't have a gold watch, and when these came down to half price I decided to get one. As the price dropped subsequently, Tribus actually refunded me a further 20%.
Congratulations on the new purchase. And well done to Tribus for issuing the refund for the extra 20% post sale. Good result.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Richard D wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:24 pm ‘Watch Junky’ interviews TRIBUS. Excellent insight into the brand and the direction taken.

Thanks for posting, interesting interview. Must confess that it leaves me with a sense of there being no clear strategy. The final comments about them Being in to music/ sport/ art etc just sounded like they'll align with anything which takes their fancy at the time. I'm also not convinced about the spin on dysfunction to function. Just sounded like they row a lot! I did like the commentary on 303. Sounded like a genuine interest in the topic and what an achievement if they do arrange to fly the Hurricane and Spitfire in Poland
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:14 pm
Richard D wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:24 pm ‘Watch Junky’ interviews TRIBUS. Excellent insight into the brand and the direction taken.

Thanks for posting, interesting interview. Must confess that it leaves me with a sense of there being no clear strategy. The final comments about them Being in to music/ sport/ art etc just sounded like they'll align with anything which takes their fancy at the time. I'm also not convinced about the spin on dysfunction to function. Just sounded like they row a lot! I did like the commentary on 303. Sounded like a genuine interest in the topic and what an achievement if they do arrange to fly the Hurricane and Spitfire in Poland
I think everyone who watches the interview will take something from it, certainly answered a few questions I had.
Richard

JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Here's the gold Liverpool Tribus

The hands and indices look black on the picture. They are actually gold, but its never hard to read despite the cream dial.
IMG_20210602_102235769_HDR~2.jpg
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Have you scratched the crystal already?
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

No it's reflections in the sun. I thought about trying to retake it, but it's so hard to see what you are taking in bright sunshine. I think it might be reflections of the Liverpool crest, actually. The smudge to the lower left looks like the crest to me.

Here's another one just taken inside.
IMG_20210602_122421133~2.jpg