Tribus Watches

A place to discuss other watch-brands
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Tribus Watches

Post by what-time-is-it »

StrapMeister wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:34 pm Judging by what I have read and seen thus far (dial colour, different strap) on the LFC watch, I certainly won't being buying one of these anytime soon, even at 70% off!
As far as their other offerings are concerned, I only really like the TRI-01 Small Second COSC (Steel/Cream), BUT...
IMO, for a startup Company * they are a little expensive.
(* I think they are playing the Christopher Ward reputation card here).
I'm not completely writing them off, the TRI-01 (mentioned above) is after all COSC spec, but I would need to see the quality and finish in person in order to justify a purchase.
Agree. not perfect but not horrendous either. I'm mindful that the price paid was 'cheap' although I think the RRP pricing is ambitious, but that probably included a commission to LFC.

It's likely I'll return mostly due to the size, but the date thing would bug me and no idea why I was sent the wrong strap.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Anyway I think my Tribus arrived on Saturday, but we weren't up when the postman called, and it's gone back to the post office for me to collect. I got there at 9:10am this morning, and found collection times on Monday is 7-9am. Try again tomorrow, when it's 8-10am.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I just picked my watch up. First impressions left me with a couple of posers, as noted below.

In general, it looks pretty good. The seconds hands are hitting the marks. Nice size for me at 41mm with only a very thin bezel. Small seconds at 3 o'clock. Polished steel hands which will possibly be hard to read in some light/angles. The dial is cream, except for a silvered part of the minute track from 45 to 60. Only a 30 minute chrono. The Liverpool crest is not ostentatious at all. No lume. Nice bracelet. No QR lugs, but a very easy push button micro extension on the clasp, allowing 5 adjustment positions, equivalent to a link.

It came well packed in a outer cardboard box, then a red LFC box. Inside the LFC box was the actual red LFC watch box, with a push button lid. See pic. Inside the box was the watch folded on a cushion. See pic, and then a close up of the watch. So a nice presentation, especially as there's clearly a different box for each watch type. Much more compact than a CW box.

So these boxes are red, but look pinkish occasionally in some light. This watch has a cream dial, and the red ring may be pinkish, but it's not so noticeable as the pictures previously posted, as it's only a feature on the cream dial.

Now I do have a few issues with presentation that makes me wonder if this is a return. The outer packaging looks like it has been previously opened. The stickers are not attached as thoroughly as I would have expected. In fact the bracelet is only stickered on one part of the inside. The watch was running when it arrived. I thought quartz watches might come with the crown out and a keeper in place to prevent the watch running. Given that it was running, I was therefore very surprised that the chrono seconds hand wasn't zeroed correctly, (2 secs off) and I had to try multiple times to get the zeroing mechanism to work, so not a great first impression. I did get 70% off the cost which helps of course, but the price is nothing to do with whether it's brand new unused or not. As already pointed out in the thread, there's a noticeable ghost date position.

It's funny, because there's a thread running in Watchuseek about what you should expect with a new watch. I will have a good look with a loupe to see if there's any issues with the watch at all.

My cheap Invicta's come wrapped up like a mummy in protective tape, but dearer watches just don't seem to.

Anyway, some pics
IMG_20210518_091322734~2.jpg
IMG_20210518_085435489~2.jpg
IMG_20210518_085147289_HDR~3.jpg
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Mine has gone back unworn, efficient returns with an email prepaid special delivery label.

Just waiting for the refund.

Would I buy another? Unlikely given the current range, but never say never.

Chris
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Got an email from them today, which I wasn't very impressed with. A women smoking a cigarette. Did anyone else get the same one?
KevinB
Senior
Senior

Post by KevinB »

I got that email. I'm pretty tolerant of advertising and don't go looking to find offenses in things, but I was a little taken aback by that email. It isn't the 60's or 70's any longer. I haven't found anything in their line yet that really draws me in and that advertisement does nothing to draw me closer to the brand.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Yes, received it, deleted it and unsubscribed - must be auto opt-in when you buy something. :thumbdown:

Chris
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by Macdaz »

JAFO wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:12 pm Got an email from them today, which I wasn't very impressed with. A women smoking a cigarette. Did anyone else get the same one?
Ironically. it arrived and I deleted it from the notification screen on my phone so I didn't see it. But after this post I went back and retrieved it from the trash.

I see what you mean. I don't want to engage in brand-bashing as I've never held one of their watches and it's ok that they are not really my style but, oh dear. That is a very curious ad choice. I know they try to be a bit subversive but looking to the past with a smoking woman!? It's just an anachronism, like rickets and scurvy.
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
Gar787
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by Gar787 »

JAFO wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:23 am I just picked my watch up. First impressions left me with a couple of posers, as noted below.

In general, it looks pretty good. The seconds hands are hitting the marks. Nice size for me at 41mm with only a very thin bezel. Small seconds at 3 o'clock. Polished steel hands which will possibly be hard to read in some light/angles. The dial is cream, except for a silvered part of the minute track from 45 to 60. Only a 30 minute chrono. The Liverpool crest is not ostentatious at all. No lume. Nice bracelet. No QR lugs, but a very easy push button micro extension on the clasp, allowing 5 adjustment positions, equivalent to a link.

It came well packed in a outer cardboard box, then a red LFC box. Inside the LFC box was the actual red LFC watch box, with a push button lid. See pic. Inside the box was the watch folded on a cushion. See pic, and then a close up of the watch. So a nice presentation, especially as there's clearly a different box for each watch type. Much more compact than a CW box.

So these boxes are red, but look pinkish occasionally in some light. This watch has a cream dial, and the red ring may be pinkish, but it's not so noticeable as the pictures previously posted, as it's only a feature on the cream dial.

Now I do have a few issues with presentation that makes me wonder if this is a return. The outer packaging looks like it has been previously opened. The stickers are not attached as thoroughly as I would have expected. In fact the bracelet is only stickered on one part of the inside. The watch was running when it arrived. I thought quartz watches might come with the crown out and a keeper in place to prevent the watch running. Given that it was running, I was therefore very surprised that the chrono seconds hand wasn't zeroed correctly, (2 secs off) and I had to try multiple times to get the zeroing mechanism to work, so not a great first impression. I did get 70% off the cost which helps of course, but the price is nothing to do with whether it's brand new unused or not. As already pointed out in the thread, there's a noticeable ghost date position.

It's funny, because there's a thread running in Watchuseek about what you should expect with a new watch. I will have a good look with a loupe to see if there's any issues with the watch at all.

My cheap Invicta's come wrapped up like a mummy in protective tape, but dearer watches just don't seem to.

Anyway, some pics
IMG_20210518_091322734~2.jpgIMG_20210518_085435489~2.jpgIMG_20210518_085147289_HDR~3.jpg
Not for me being an Evertonian, but enjoy the watch. I took three recent purchases over to Liverpool on the day Chris Ward signed the deal off with LFC. We had breakfast and he signed the boxes (one for my son and a mate’s retirement present, then he signed mine!) I didn’t check it until I got home. As you might expect he left an abusive message as to my football allegiances on the box...the Rednosed git! I’m popping in to the showroom early July and will ask Mike France (Bluenose) to sign ‘Nil Satis Nisi Optimum’ on my new C63 Sealander Elite box, just to balance things up. You koppites are all the same!
Best regards, Phil
PHIL
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Gar787 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:39 pm I’m popping in to the showroom early July and will ask Mike France (Bluenose) to sign ‘Nil Satis Nisi Optimum’ on my new C63 Sealander Elite box, just to balance things up.
If you’re going to have a Latin motto, make it one that you can live up to.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

And my Ebay saved search has its first hit on Tribus!
Oh, its one of the quartz Liverpool ones in their sale 🙄
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

mabotham wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:05 pm And my Ebay saved search has its first hit on Tribus!
Oh, its one of the quartz Liverpool ones in their sale 🙄
The red on that watch seems a lot more saturated than the red on the pictures posted by @what-time-is-it
Gar787
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by Gar787 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:00 pm
Gar787 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:39 pm I’m popping in to the showroom early July and will ask Mike France (Bluenose) to sign ‘Nil Satis Nisi Optimum’ on my new C63 Sealander Elite box, just to balance things up.
If you’re going to have a Latin motto, make it one that you can live up to.
I’ll be minded, going forward. :clap:
PHIL
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Gar787 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:39 pm Not for me being an Evertonian, but enjoy the watch. I took three recent purchases over to Liverpool on the day Chris Ward signed the deal off with LFC. We had breakfast and he signed the boxes (one for my son and a mate’s retirement present, then he signed mine!) I didn’t check it until I got home. As you might expect he left an abusive message as to my football allegiances on the box...the Rednosed git! I’m popping in to the showroom early July and will ask Mike France (Bluenose) to sign ‘Nil Satis Nisi Optimum’ on my new C63 Sealander Elite box, just to balance things up. You koppites are all the same!
Best regards, Phil
I'm not a Liverpool fan, although I was pleased they won the league in such an adventurous fashion. I just thought it seemed a nice watch for not much money. I've been in touch with customer services who clarified all my points except for one issue. I definitely prefer the subtle cream to the in-yer-face red.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Had confirmation mine is being refunded, so nice and easy.
Returns t & c's however are quite strong.

https://tribus-watches.com/policies/refund-policy

Chris