Tribus Watches

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: Tribus Watches

Post by Thegreyman »

golfjunky wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:29 pm i find it strange that they cut the lfc link so fast. The whole ESL died in 2 days, so why did they not wait for LFC to make their decision? imo Tribus would not have suffered commercially by now still being the official timekeeper for LFC. Did they do it because it was an easy way out of a terrible contract?
I liked the video but all i cam away thinking was 'wow they have given a lot of free watches away'
I'd agree with all of that and also enjoyed the video.

I suspect the reason prices are being cut is down to lower than anticipated demand, although cutting the LFC deal must have saved a few quid so perhaps that has given them the scope to cut costs and price accordingly. I think its a good move and does make their range more appealing at sensible prices. The TR-01 in those bright colours does look good.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Thegreyman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:58 pm more favourable post-Brexit rates of exchange
Once I read that I knew the rest was rubbish. Good luck to them at their pre-discounted prices though!

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/performance/gbp
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Tried to watch the video with subtitles, can't find them. #-o
Speakers on the blink, nothing to do with the assumed scouse commentary. :lol:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

jtc wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:01 pm
Thegreyman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:58 pm more favourable post-Brexit rates of exchange
Once I read that I knew the rest was rubbish. Good luck to them at their pre-discounted prices though!

The pound has appreciated against most currencies in the past year including USD, EUR and CHF and so if they are sourcing their watch parts overseas then those costs are likely to have fallen, relatively in GBP.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Stuart1
Senior
Senior

Post by Stuart1 »

I signed up to the rewards thing and some how managed to get 8,550 points. If I read the notes correctly I would get £85.50 of the purchase of a watch.
TRI-01 From what I can make out the movement is based on the sw200 but a about £300 more expensive than CW military range.
I also saw that they still have the fascination with putting random bits of scrap metal in a watch case back and charging a premium price. I never understood it when Bremont and CW did it and still do not. The only point is that some of the proceeds will go to help restore the item. How much would be questionable. Go to any ex-MOD or MOD base and there will loads of scrap lying around.
Having said all that I am glad there are a few more British watchmaker on the scene.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

4A75E2D0-0A0F-4A08-A949-1CEF3DEC8331.jpeg
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Stuart1 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:11 am Having said all that I am glad there are a few more British watchmaker on the scene.
But they are not a ‘British Watchmaker’ - not one bit of their watches are made or manufactured on British soil. There are a number of companies that want to invest in British manufacturing but Tribus, CW etc.. aren’t in that list - they buy foreign parts and assemble them abroad. If you want to invest in British Manufacture then look elsewhere.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

jtc wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:01 pm

I was all ready to phone the Financial Times.... :oops: :oops:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

TigerChris wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:00 am
Stuart1 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:11 am Having said all that I am glad there are a few more British watchmaker on the scene.
But they are not a ‘British Watchmaker’ - not one bit of their watches are made or manufactured on British soil. There are a number of companies that want to invest in British manufacturing but Tribus, CW etc.. aren’t in that list - they buy foreign parts and assemble them abroad. If you want to invest in British Manufacture then look elsewhere.
A bit like celebrating the "British" tennis sensation, Emma Raducanu?
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Interesting synopsis of the history of Swiss watches on the TRIBUS website.

https://tribus-watches.com/blogs/tribus ... ss-watches
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

JAFO wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:30 am A bit like celebrating the "British" tennis sensation, Emma Raducanu?
Well no, as Raducanu is very much a British tennis player.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

sproughton wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:49 am
JAFO wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:30 am A bit like celebrating the "British" tennis sensation, Emma Raducanu?
Well no, as Raducanu is very much a British tennis player.
Well, we are certainly happy to have someone so talented, even if she is of Romanian-Chinese descent and was born in Canada! She did move to the UK at the age of two, and let’s face it, it’s not unusual for sports people to compete for an adoptive country.

She’s not a standard British tennis player, though. She seems a bit too good. :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

My family came to the UK as refugees, I was raised on a Polish Displacement Camp. English is not my first language. I have a ‘foreign’ surname which in the majority people struggle to pronounce let alone spell. My late wife was Portuguese, born in Lisbon. Her name was so long that it had to be abbreviated to fit those annoying applications were individual letters are written in small boxes. Our children may have their roots elsewhere but it certainly does not preclude them from being British.
Richard

sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

^^^yes and frankly Ms. Raducanu can happily be whatever nationality tennis player she feels like she is.
alansmithee

Post by alansmithee »

Thegreyman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:58 pm A change of tack it seems for Tribus:

THE GLOVES ARE OFF IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE
September marks the first anniversary of TRIBUS. After a review of the year, TRIBUS has adopted more aggressive lower pricing as well as introducing easier methods for customers worldwide to split payments with interest free credit. The new low price on all chronometers is largely as a result of a change in sponsorships and more favourable post-Brexit rates of exchange.

This now makes TRIBUS one of the very few brands whose watches are truly Swiss-made, offering a chronometer standard timepiece for under £1000.

Co-Founder, Chris Ward, said, “After our first year, I think it’s fair to say the world has changed. Consumers’ views have also changed, meaning that we need to change too. So, if that means cutting our prices to be more affordable to people, then that’s exactly what we will do.”
Had three emails in two days - first it was a discount and now the latest NEW permanent price drop - but it's not clear when you click through what the changes are.

Cashflow problems? All seems a bit desperate...