Tribus Watches

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: Tribus Watches

Post by Caller »

Stuart1 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:11 amI also saw that they still have the fascination with putting random bits of scrap metal in a watch case back and charging a premium price. I never understood it when Bremont and CW did it and still do not.
Because they sell.
'Tis me
alansmithee

Post by alansmithee »

Caller wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:28 pm
Stuart1 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:11 amI also saw that they still have the fascination with putting random bits of scrap metal in a watch case back and charging a premium price. I never understood it when Bremont and CW did it and still do not.
Because they sell.
Given the increasingly frequence of "best deal evah!" - maybe not so much for this brand.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

what-time-is-it wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:48 pm Tried to watch the video with subtitles, can't find them. #-o
Speakers on the blink, nothing to do with the assumed scouse commentary. :lol:
You should be able to click the video, and a few icons come up top right. CC gives you captions, which are sometimes auto generated, and extremely good. You would think they could do the same on TV.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Richard D wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:18 am 4A75E2D0-0A0F-4A08-A949-1CEF3DEC8331.jpeg
Was there not a Brentford one as well, Richard?
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:03 pm
Richard D wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:18 am 4A75E2D0-0A0F-4A08-A949-1CEF3DEC8331.jpeg
I’m planning to see the Brentford watch in a couple of weeks.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Richard D wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:12 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:03 pm
I’m planning to see the Brentford watch in a couple of weeks.
:thumbup:
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

Thegreyman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:26 pm
golfjunky wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:29 pm i find it strange that they cut the lfc link so fast. The whole ESL died in 2 days, so why did they not wait for LFC to make their decision? imo Tribus would not have suffered commercially by now still being the official timekeeper for LFC. Did they do it because it was an easy way out of a terrible contract?
I liked the video but all i cam away thinking was 'wow they have given a lot of free watches away'
I'd agree with all of that and also enjoyed the video.

I suspect the reason prices are being cut is down to lower than anticipated demand, although cutting the LFC deal must have saved a few quid so perhaps that has given them the scope to cut costs and price accordingly. I think its a good move and does make their range more appealing at sensible prices. The TR-01 in those bright colours does look good.
The LFC watches were clearly not selling and had to be discounted massively to clear. The whole exercise came across as a ‘vanity’ project.

Brentford fan pages have been ripping the pi**s out the £2,000 ‘tribute’ to the old ground with random bits of metal in them since the day they were announced.

They now have to discount heavily across the range because the prices simply weren’t competitive relative to the market.

The limited editions appear to be crazy prices as well. The My Dog line still had 41, out of 50, available to sell. If you take out company owners, family & friends that means the ‘general public’ have probably bought maybe 1 or 2.

Bearing in mind how aggressive their “we will never discount and only ever reward loyalty” mantra was, it seems someone is not really in touch with the UK buyer at all.

Meanwhile CW appear to have sussed out their market and price points. The new C63 seems to had a great launch and they had a limited edition that sold out in 24 hours. . .
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Molan wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:13 pm
Bearing in mind how aggressive their “we will never discount and only ever reward loyalty” mantra was, it seems someone is not really in touch with the UK buyer at all.

Meanwhile CW appear to have sussed out their market and price points. The new C63 seems to had a great launch and they had a limited edition that sold out in 24 hours. . .
Let's have a go at Tribus :yawn:

Maybe Tribus could be given credit for acknowledging that their prices were high and reducing them like they have. CW have made enough mistakes of their own over recent times not to be a shining example to anyone else. Dodgy products rushed to release and then quoting summer sales which turn out to be possible permanent reductions.

Good video but very much assisted by Red Rum Club and Jamie Webster.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Tribus (2).png
a personal fave of mine from the Brentford forum
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Molan wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:13 pm
Thegreyman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:26 pm
golfjunky wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:29 pm i find it strange that they cut the lfc link so fast. The whole ESL died in 2 days, so why did they not wait for LFC to make their decision? imo Tribus would not have suffered commercially by now still being the official timekeeper for LFC. Did they do it because it was an easy way out of a terrible contract?
I liked the video but all i cam away thinking was 'wow they have given a lot of free watches away'
I'd agree with all of that and also enjoyed the video.

I suspect the reason prices are being cut is down to lower than anticipated demand, although cutting the LFC deal must have saved a few quid so perhaps that has given them the scope to cut costs and price accordingly. I think its a good move and does make their range more appealing at sensible prices. The TR-01 in those bright colours does look good.
The LFC watches were clearly not selling and had to be discounted massively to clear. The whole exercise came across as a ‘vanity’ project.

Brentford fan pages have been ripping the pi**s out the £2,000 ‘tribute’ to the old ground with random bits of metal in them since the day they were announced.

They now have to discount heavily across the range because the prices simply weren’t competitive relative to the market.

The limited editions appear to be crazy prices as well. The My Dog line still had 41, out of 50, available to sell. If you take out company owners, family & friends that means the ‘general public’ have probably bought maybe 1 or 2.

I think 2 of them are accounted for here; you'd hope they sell a few more to balance the books!
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Caller »

Molan wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:13 pmMeanwhile CW appear to have sussed out their market and price points. The new C63 seems to had a great launch and they had a limited edition that sold out in 24 hours. . .
Apart from all the sales you mean? Not for nothing are they often referred to as the DFS of watch brands. Easy to pick on any brand really.
'Tis me
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

golfjunky wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:06 pm Tribus (2).pnga personal fave of mine from the Brentford forum
Thanks for the warning, it seems I’m at risk of a dunking followed by my ‘brain scraped’. I guess collecting watches can be added to the list of hazardous interests.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Caller wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:30 pm Easy to pick on any brand really.
Well, we’ve done Rolex, Tribus and CW.

Which brand should we pick on now? :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:28 pm
Caller wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:30 pm Easy to pick on any brand really.
Well, we’ve done Rolex, Tribus and CW.

Which brand should we pick on now? :D
Invicta often raises its lumpy, oversized head at this juncture…
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

0uatiOW wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:42 pm
Invicta often raises its lumpy, oversized head at this juncture…
Soft target. We need something more challenging.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)