Introducing The Omega Seamaster Diver 300M In Ceramic And Titanium

A place to discuss other watch-brands
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Introducing The Omega Seamaster Diver 300M In Ceramic And Titanium

Post by gaf1958 »

Bigger, stealthier, and – wonderful to relate – without a date.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/omega ... ntroducing

CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: Introducing The Omega Seamaster Diver 300M In Ceramic And Titanium

Post by jtc »

My favourite Seamaster. Shame about the price.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

It does look good.

The things that would put me off are the price, size (43.5mm) and I'm still not a massive fan of the 10 o'clock HEV on Seamasters (although that alone wouldn't necessarily prevent me from buying one).

I'm also not sure if the wave pattern is now too pronounced, would have to be seen in the metal (ceramic/Ti) to judge.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

The hands kill it for me. Just don’t feel like I’m getting full value for money with bits missing! :?
Steve.
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by neilj568 »

Not a fan of the skeleton hands or the scalloped bezel and I do prefer a date window as well....and at that price I'd expect a bracelet as well as a rubber strap... :thumbdown:
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

You should post a picture of the back of this beauty. Not quite as good looking as a C7 Apex but a real stunner. Would I buy one? Well I like titanium watches, I like the new Seamaster (and own one) I like the black dial, back is stunning... Oh dear I'm going to have to give the credit card to the wife to stop me buying one. Only negatives are "no date" and possibly size.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

From the Hodinkee article:

" With the 42mm model in the range in stainless steel on a rubber strap coming in at just $4,750, the Seamaster Diver 300M is one of the best value propositions in all of modern watchmaking. A thoroughly tested, highly water-resistant, chronometer-rated, amagnetic sports watch with ceramic bezel that will set you back less than $5,000 is really hard to argue with"

I think they may have mixed up Christopher Ward and Omega.....and just put in Omega's prices!! (respecting the amagnetic piece of course)

That said, I like most of the watch, exceptions being the hands and the price.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

Five bags of sand is virtually giving it away!

Hodinkee don't live in the real world.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

With the exception of one design aspect it looks ok, although too big. Size aside it looks the best version of the new Seamasters.

Mind you they all suffer from the pointless sticky out HEV carbuncle.

Price is of course a joke. But then again not sure anyone, who knows which way is up, would pay anywhere near RRP for any Omega (except the occasional LE Speedy).

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Viognier wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:39 pm From the Hodinkee article:

" With the 42mm model in the range in stainless steel on a rubber strap coming in at just $4,750, the Seamaster Diver 300M is one of the best value propositions in all of modern watchmaking. A thoroughly tested, highly water-resistant, chronometer-rated, amagnetic sports watch with ceramic bezel that will set you back less than $5,000 is really hard to argue with"

I think they may have mixed up Christopher Ward and Omega.....and just put in Omega's prices!! (respecting the amagnetic piece of course)

That said, I like most of the watch, exceptions being the hands and the price.
That's the price for the standard 300M. If you read it carefully (that paragraph is constructed quite badly I think) you'll see the author is taking about the standard 42mm model with ceramic bezel, not the 43.5mm ceramic case with titanium bits model.

Read further down the article and you find the price for this ceramic one...
Price: $8,100
Lets take the opportunity to admire the backside though!

Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

jtc wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:10 pm

Lets take the opportunity to admire the backside though!

I do like admiring a nice backside.

Lovely version of the new Seamaster but way too expensive for me and too big also.
Yesterday I was comparing pictures of the outgoing model against the new standard model as both are available at great prices in London. The previous version actually looked at bit dated to me alongside the new release.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

I have a previous generation and a new generation Seamaster. The new generation is definitely a step forward. Of the old generation I have a blue one but am starting to think that the black one might look better after all. I'll post some pictures of the new one over the weekend.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

albionphoto wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:38 pm I have a previous generation and a new generation Seamaster. The new generation is definitely a step forward. Of the old generation I have a blue one but am starting to think that the black one might look better after all. I'll post some pictures of the new one over the weekend.
:thumbup:
Please would you do side by side also for comparison even if they are different colours.
Mr Broadside
Senior
Senior

Post by Mr Broadside »

Personally I’m not a fan of the new version although it has more tech than previous models. I much prefer Gary’s ‘electric blue’ or here’s mine in titanium for a fraction of the cost.

Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I wanted to post in praise of this watch. I think it is a genuine GADA watch and could easily be the only watch in my collection.

I play golf in this watch (it’s shockproof to a force equivalent of 5000g), I was swimming in it (300m WR), cycling (it’s pretty robust on the rubber strap, large ceramic bezel, sapphire crystal, predominantly brushed case so few polished surfaces to scratch). It’s antimagnetic to 15,000 gauss (a Millgauss 1,000 gauss by comparison).

Being a Master Chronometer, the watch is very accurate (I wore it on holiday Sunday to Wednesday, didn’t wear a watch Thursday and Friday as painting a bathroom and kitchen and when I picked it up this morning it was still running from Wednesday evening and is only -2s now for nearly a full week. I just checked the PR and it’s meant to be rated 55 hours however it was probably 60 since I last wore the watch so seemingly better than spec.

Yes this watch isn’t cheap at £4,140 list although you will probably be able to get a £500 discount easily enough. If you have that sort of money to spend on a watch then for that money I think this is a major bargain when you look other watches in that price range.

On top of all the above I think it is a great looking watch. Anyway apologies for rambling on, old photo of item in question:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way