Introducing The Omega Seamaster Diver 300M In Ceramic And Titanium

A place to discuss other watch-brands
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Introducing The Omega Seamaster Diver 300M In Ceramic And Titanium

Post by watchaholic »

Don't care about the date for a second. If I were to spend that amount, which I might be tempted,
Screenshot_20210721-021404_Chrono24.jpg
Tantalum, It really is a thing!
it would be this.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Thegreyman wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:43 pm I wanted to post in praise of this watch. I think it is a genuine GADA watch and could easily be the only watch in my collection.

Yes this watch isn’t cheap at £4,140 list although you will probably be able to get a £500 discount easily enough. If you have that sort of money to spend on a watch then for that money I think this is a major bargain when you look other watches in that price range.

On top of all the above I think it is a great looking watch.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with everything that you've said here Patrick. I tried on the very model you have, complete with the rubber strap, in a dealership. I hadn't planned to, the salesman suggested it after trying on a BB58. It was just so comfortable and wore so well, fitting my 7" wrist perfectly. I thought I might take issues with the hands, which I wasn't sure I liked, and what about that conical HEV, surely that would pose a problem. Nothing of the sort, it all came together beautifully, and that white ceramic dial and hour pips are just so legible. It's a truly beautiful watch, if I'd had the funds available at the time I'd of bought it in a heartbeat.

Des :D
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Hola a Todas

PXL_20210717_151235798.jpg

Here's my new acquisition, not ceramic but it ticks all the boxes mentioned and is 2k less, The bezel seems to divide opinion, along with the usual stuff featured on the Omega.
The ceramic version looks fantastic too, but it was too expensive for me, also price wise it's going directly head to head with the Rolex Submariner (At Retail)
Which would you prefer ? If you could find one !

I think technically the Omega wins, it's certainly the best of the rest, but for some reason the Sub feels to me to be a notch above.
I'm quite glad I don't like date windows, as it limits my options, making shortlisting potential purchases a lot easier.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

I ended up buying the titanium tantalum rather than the ceramic. Mind you, the ceramic is still on the list...
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris