The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by JAFO »

Templeton wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:36 pm I have been lusting over the IWC Schaffhausen Portugieser Chronograph Classic for some time; it is probably overpriced new at £10,250, and second hand ones are very hard to get hold of, certainly in the UK.

The CW C3 Malvern Chronograph Mk III Forum LE is a close second, and affordable, but sadly also unobtainable.

I really like the Malvern. Blue and white look great on a chronograph.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

rkovars wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:14 pm Hmmm, on the left side they are all minus. I'm guessing it is sort of a world timer with GMT markings (i.e GMT -8 etc).
Spacing is not right, and there are still only 24 hours per day.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:53 pm
rkovars wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:14 pm Hmmm, on the left side they are all minus. I'm guessing it is sort of a world timer with GMT markings (i.e GMT -8 etc).
Spacing is not right, and there are still only 24 hours per day.
Read this elsewhere.

"It indicates offset from GMT, + or - however many hours as you move around the globe"

I was still confused so found this.

"You can see that the most extreme time zones are +14 hours at Line Islands (Kiribati), and -12 hours in and around Baker Islands (US). Therefore, the maximum possible difference between times on Earth is 26 hours."

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

Should have bought this when I had the chance :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8rmJjqg0ow
20210326_223705.jpg
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

After a period where a few impulse buys have quite quickly grown my collection, see here for more details. viewtopic.php?f=64&t=56401

I’ve decided with my 50th coming up in a few years, it’s time to step back and save up again for something special. I did this for my first mechanical watch before I turned 40 and again for an IWC before things sort of went a bit wild and I bought a few in a short period of time.

So over the next few years I’m not planning on any outlays, but will sit back and watch the watch fund grow while dreaming about what the big birthday treat to myself will be. No doubt things will change and I may revisit this thread with different options over time.

However if I was going out to buy today then this is possibly the one I’d choose. I’d probably add the bracelet though.

C0C25EC0-FB64-42CA-AFB6-0485BE3E4E25.jpeg
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

iain wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:44 pm
I’ve decided with my 50th coming up in a few years, it’s time to step back and save up again for something special.
Wishing you well for your plan. I hope you make it - just keep imagining that IWC on your wrist - it would be well worth the wait :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

magicman wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:45 am
"You can see that the most extreme time zones are +14 hours at Line Islands (Kiribati), and -12 hours in and around Baker Islands (US). Therefore, the maximum possible difference between times on Earth is 26 hours."

Regards Steve
Thanks for explaining that one Steve. It makes for a real point of interest on the watch
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
downer

Post by downer »

Cracking choice, that Aquatimer JYC. I had one on my wrist back in my airport wandering days but never quite got it over the line. The rubber strap is lovely.
Richard
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

missF wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:06 pm Wishing you well for your plan. I hope you make it - just keep imagining that IWC on your wrist - it would be well worth the wait :thumbup:
Thanks, let’s see if it’s still the number one choice in a couple of years time. I’ve saved before and proved to myself I have the resolve to do it, so let’s see what the next few years brings.
downer wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:14 pm Cracking choice, that Aquatimer JYC. I had one on my wrist back in my airport wandering days but never quite got it over the line. The rubber strap is lovely.
I’ve not tried one myself yet but seen them in the windows. I see they have the quick release so you can swap between the bracelet and rubber. The Jacques Cousteau blue looks a lot better in my eyes than the standard black version. I also love the bezel design how the metal bezel turns the internal bezel when you move it. Certainly something a little different. Again, let’s see what the future holds.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

Those two IWCs always do tempt. Then again, a lot of IWC offerings do.

I've been looking at Zeniths a lot. Particularly this one, which is odd for me, because I don't usually go for skeletons or 4:30 dates!

Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

Peteo wrote:Those two IWCs always do tempt. Then again, a lot of IWC offerings do.

I've been looking at Zeniths a lot. Particularly this one, which is odd for me, because I don't usually go for skeletons or 4:30 dates!

Dude...

Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

Dude! I like that Defy too.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

I'm day-dreaming about a white dial BB36, and wondering whether there will be one in the new Tudor line-up being announced this week...
White is the new black...... 8)
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

White dials are definitely 'a thing and I'm a fan.... dreaming of a white speedy and a Pam Radiomir 1940.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: The

Post by watchaholic »

Peteo wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:33 pm Dude! I like that Defy too.
:thumbup: :thumbup: That Defy is the bomb! I read an article on this exact watch a while back. Classic and understated.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight