The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

0uatiOW wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:32 am Literal translations can be amusingly misleading. In fact Ramon Cuervo was the founder of a jewellers in 1862 in Havana. In 1882 he established a new company “Cuervo y Sobrinos” (with his… err…. nephews), selling jewellery and watches to high-end clientele. They started collaborating with Swiss watch brands, adding their name to the dials, before expanding into Europe in 1920, setting up a manufacturing site in Switzerland a few years later, making their own watches with a distinctive look. “Swiss Movement, Latin Heart” might have been their mantra. If you believe their publicity, they were held in the same esteem in Latin America as Cartier in Europe & Tiffany in the USA, before Castro nationalised them in 1965 and set them to supplying the Cuban military.
I have to say, it’s a brand I hadn’t really looked at, but I’ve been glancing at the C&S website and I reckon a little research is in order. There are some beautiful watches on there.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

stefs wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:45 am Zenith-Chronomaster-Sport-El-Primero-everyday-watch-sport-chronograph-steel-icon-movement-calibre-pioneer-review-light-dark-1.gif
Daytona? :wink:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
artphotodude
Senior
Senior

Post by artphotodude »

While there are a lot of GORGEOUS things being made by companies like Straton, or Spinnaker (and the Chinese too are making some spankin' new time-pieces), I really only dream of one final watch - THE BULOVA ACCUTRON SPACEVIEW (Queue music from "2001: A Space Odyssey" ;0p

These two, in particular, HAUNT MY DREAMS!!!!
Accutron Gold 1.jpg
Accutron Steel.jpg
time_lizard
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by time_lizard »

Bronze watch in waiting. This one from Mr. Beeman in Prague who developed his own modular design that intrigues me.
I love the lumed bezel and the matter-of-factish design.
XIIVI First Blood Model IV. All hand-made by himself - hence an endless waiting list :(
Look here:
www.xiivi.com
first-blood_IV.jpg
first blood IV
first-blood_IV_lume.jpg
first blood lume
first-blood_VI_back.jpeg
first blood back
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:43 pm
0uatiOW wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:32 am Literal translations can be amusingly misleading. In fact Ramon Cuervo was the founder of a jewellers in 1862 in Havana. In 1882 he established a new company “Cuervo y Sobrinos” (with his… err…. nephews), selling jewellery and watches to high-end clientele. They started collaborating with Swiss watch brands, adding their name to the dials, before expanding into Europe in 1920, setting up a manufacturing site in Switzerland a few years later, making their own watches with a distinctive look. “Swiss Movement, Latin Heart” might have been their mantra. If you believe their publicity, they were held in the same esteem in Latin America as Cartier in Europe & Tiffany in the USA, before Castro nationalised them in 1965 and set them to supplying the Cuban military.
I have to say, it’s a brand I hadn’t really looked at, but I’ve been glancing at the C&S website and I reckon a little research is in order. There are some beautiful watches on there.
Christopher Ward himself once stated his admiration for the brand. I can't remember if it was publicly or privately.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

time_lizard wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:56 pm Bronze watch in waiting. This one from Mr. Beeman in Prague who developed his own modular design that intrigues me.
These look amazing, without being specific, what's the ballpark figure for these?
'Tis me
time_lizard
Senior
Senior

Post by time_lizard »

Caller wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:24 pm These look amazing, without being specific, what's the ballpark figure for these?
In one of his posts he mentioned pricing might start at €1.100, then depending on the material used, features and add-ons chosen.
As there seems to be a waiting list and this price will never cover his manual work I guess it might rise - and that is probably justified.
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

time_lizard wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:12 pm
Caller wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:24 pm These look amazing, without being specific, what's the ballpark figure for these?
In one of his posts he mentioned pricing might start at €1.100, then depending on the material used, features and add-ons chosen.
As there seems to be a waiting list and this price will never cover his manual work I guess it might rise - and that is probably justified.
That surprised me. I was guessing higher by some degree! Thanks for getting back to me, I will look further!
'Tis me
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

time_lizard wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:56 pm Bronze watch in waiting. This one from Mr. Beeman in Prague who developed his own modular design that intrigues me.
XIIVI First Blood Model IV. All hand-made by himself - hence an endless waiting list :(
Look here:
www.xiivi.com

first-blood_IV.jpg
first-blood_IV_lume.jpg
first-blood_VI_back.jpeg
I really like the industrial kind of look of that watch. I can see why they are sold out, very individual.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

I’ve just discovered this, and it’s fair to say it’s now the watch I‘m dreaming of. What I love is the rotating 24hr disk so that once set, it tells the time across the globe at a glance. Normally I don’t go for some of Farer’s crazy color combinations, but this one while fun is just reserved enough for me. And that lume! I love it.

The Farer Roché World Timer

5775534D-58A5-4425-90F5-07144DC8C1FD.jpeg
D1D74FA4-4CC2-4DE8-978D-730A2FB89F60.jpeg
Drew
time_lizard
Senior
Senior

Post by time_lizard »

This is a watch that could weaken my resistance. The lume is gorgious!
Even more illuminating is the inner bezel, that should move as well with the hour hand, but keep slowly behind as it turns once in 24 hours while the hour hand runs twice. And - it has to be set to be in tune with the time zone selected.
I have never seen this complication before and it intrigues me.
I love it 8)
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

In terms of the usual psychedelic offerings, it’s actually relatively non-Crystal Tipps and quite restrained for a Farter.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

Omega Seamster Planet Ocean :thumbup:
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

time_lizard wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:59 pm This is a watch that could weaken my resistance. The lume is gorgious!
Even more illuminating is the inner bezel, that should move as well with the hour hand, but keep slowly behind as it turns once in 24 hours while the hour hand runs twice. And - it has to be set to be in tune with the time zone selected.
I have never seen this complication before and it intrigues me.
I love it 8)
Inner bezel with the cities is set via the second crown. The 24 ring rotates so that once the city bezel is set, one can see the time across the globe with a quick glance. I had to look up how it works. I prefer this implementation over the more common 24 hand.

The video that explains it is pretty good.

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:06 pm …and quite restrained for a Farter.
I’d like to think that was purposeful! :lol:
Drew
time_lizard
Senior
Senior

Post by time_lizard »

jkbarnes wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:36 pm
The video that explains it is pretty good.
Impressive :)