41mm Datejust

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: 41mm Datejust

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

jkbarnes wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:30 pm
Thunder1 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:56 pm Many a Watch God are raising their ale filled gourds in salute to your fine a$$ pickup..they give it 2 spears up..
This cracks me up every time!
F079EB96-85F6-4F49-9E3C-522489396DC7.jpeg
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
Thunder1
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Very nice, congratulations :thumbup:
Gar787
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by Gar787 »

Dickchins wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:01 pm Ok, so having had this for the last few days, a small update and couple of pics....

Im not giving chapter & verse on it, as I didnt realise the feelings Rolex stir in people! For those that have asked, its the Datejust 41mm with fluted bezel, on the Oyster bracelet. I was surprised to find it has a 72hr power reserve!

The watch itself wears relatively small and would certainly suit smaller than my 7 1/2" wrist. Saying small, it wears totally in proportion to its dimensions if that makes sense...???!!! It obviously wears perfectly under a shirt cuff. To me, the grey sunburst dial is perfect.

I chose the Oyster bracelet over the Jubilee, as it seem to dress it down a bit, and means it wears perfectly with tshirt and jeans. As I dont wear formal wear that often, I saw no mileage in the Jubilee. I bought this to wear almost daily, not to snaffle away and make a profit on. It was a pain to wait for but worth it to not pay the non-AD higher prices.

I love it, but I know some dont. And thats what makes life interesting!!!! :thumbup:

20210808_154201.jpg20210808_154223.jpg20210808_154240.jpg20210808_154256.jpg
Isn’t the ‘job’ pension worth the grief? Great choice from one former plod to another, even though you’re probs GMP…😉. All the best, Phil.
PHIL
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:49 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:30 pm
Thunder1 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:56 pm Many a Watch God are raising their ale filled gourds in salute to your fine a$$ pickup..they give it 2 spears up..
This cracks me up every time!

F079EB96-85F6-4F49-9E3C-522489396DC7.jpeg
Steve, you are so underpaid!!!.. :thumbup:
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

Dickchins wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:01 pm Ok, so having had this for the last few days, a small update and couple of pics....

Im not giving chapter & verse on it, as I didnt realise the feelings Rolex stir in people! For those that have asked, its the Datejust 41mm with fluted bezel, on the Oyster bracelet. I was surprised to find it has a 72hr power reserve!

The watch itself wears relatively small and would certainly suit smaller than my 7 1/2" wrist. Saying small, it wears totally in proportion to its dimensions if that makes sense...???!!! It obviously wears perfectly under a shirt cuff. To me, the grey sunburst dial is perfect.

I chose the Oyster bracelet over the Jubilee, as it seem to dress it down a bit, and means it wears perfectly with tshirt and jeans. As I dont wear formal wear that often, I saw no mileage in the Jubilee. I bought this to wear almost daily, not to snaffle away and make a profit on. It was a pain to wait for but worth it to not pay the non-AD higher prices.

I love it, but I know some dont. And thats what makes life interesting!!!! :thumbup:

20210808_154201.jpg20210808_154223.jpg20210808_154240.jpg20210808_154256.jpg
There's nothing better than picking up what you feel to be a perfect watch.

I've surprised myself in gaining a love for the DJ to the extent that I think it will be the next and last watch I buy. It might take me 20 years to buy one though. It's even been in the back of my mind to sell my 39mm Explorer so I can replace it with a 36mm Explorer but I would buy a DJ in 36mm so I'm probably best keeping the 39.

I'm currently lusting over this combo

Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

An absolute stunner.

My AD told me that 41mm was the hardest size to get at the mo. Typical, as that was the size for me! But it obviously means the smaller sizes will have a shorter waiting list...?

That blue really is stunning. It was never a consideration for me, as mine was the "Wimbledon" or nothing! But I do really love the blue, and the white dials.

Ill be honest, the Jubilee strap was always the first option for me. It just suits the overall watch so well. Especially with a fluted bezel. When I tried one on however, I was surprised at the feel. It didnt feel as "right" as the Oyster did for me. The Oyster felt more substantial, without being heavy or clumsy.

If I wore formal wear more often, I probably would have gone with the Jubilee strap, but for a watch for regular wear with shirts, jeans, formal, shorts, meant the Oyster won hands down.

I can happily say its everything I hoped it would be!
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

It’s ruddy gorgeous. Congrats.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Congrats. I enjoyed reading your acquisition story on that other Rolex thread. I didn’t have a clue what you meant by the “Wimbledon” so it’s good to finally see it. Enjoy.
Steve.
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dickchins »

Thermexman wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:49 pm Congrats. I enjoyed reading your acquisition story on that other Rolex thread. I didn’t have a clue what you meant by the “Wimbledon” so it’s good to finally see it. Enjoy.

Thanks Steve!
Im sure it has an official name but I like Wimbledon!

Im told its extremely popular but obviously Rolex are making the usual numbers, and to hell with demand!
A little annoying but I can say 100% its worth the wait.

Having had it a couple of weeks or so now, its actually grown on me even more. I had a horrible fear the luster would die down a bit as I wore it and saw it daily, but its the exact opposite.
Even though I could easily sell this for a damn site more than I bought it for, its going nowhere.
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Bounce »

That is a very nice Datejust, enjoy.
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Congratulations :clap:
A very unusual piece and I can see why it would stir mixed emotions.
Personally I like it because it's different :thumbup:
What's interesting for me is seeing the wrist shots...
I also have a 7 1/2" (19cm) wrist and was struggling with my Explorer but somehow putting it back on, and wearing it with, the oyster bracelet makes it wear larger than it's 39mm diameter would suggest - it just takes a bit of getting used to when I'm normally wearing 40-43mm watches.
ROLEX Exp 04.JPG
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dickchins »

StrapMeister wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:19 pm Congratulations :clap:
A very unusual piece and I can see why it would stir mixed emotions.
Personally I like it because it's different :thumbup:
What's interesting for me is seeing the wrist shots...
I also have a 7 1/2" (19cm) wrist and was struggling with my Explorer but somehow putting it back on, and wearing it with, the oyster bracelet makes it wear larger than it's 39mm diameter would suggest - it just takes a bit of getting used to when I'm normally wearing 40-43mm watches.
ROLEX Exp 04.JPG

Many thanks.

Its certainly not one ive seen in the wild anywhere else!
I have exactly the same problem, as I wear 42-44mm divers usually, so when I initially put it on it feels tiny.
To me, it even looks small on wrist shots, but its actually a really nice size once its on. Its just so much slimmer and lighter than im used to, but I quickly came to like that.

Spot on observation on the Oyster bracelet. It "beefs it up" a little with bigger links than the Jubilee, but as its a relatively thin wearing bracelet, its not bulky in any way.

I tried the smaller size on in the DJ, and it looked absolutely ludacris on my wrist!
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:55 pm
Dickchins wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:44 pm I need Ferg to pop over to Bolton and do a shoot for me :lol:
Offer him a Full English Breakfast. He’ll do it.
Only saw this now !

I probably would Steve :lol:

Lovely Datejust mate, Congratulations :clap:
JymKhana

Post by JymKhana »

Extremely nice watch. Did you say you had to go outside the AD network to get it?
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dickchins »

MiniMpi wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:23 pm
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:55 pm
Dickchins wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:44 pm I need Ferg to pop over to Bolton and do a shoot for me :lol:
Offer him a Full English Breakfast. He’ll do it.
Only saw this now !

I probably would Steve :lol:

Lovely Datejust mate, Congratulations :clap:

The kettle is always on in Bolton buddy!
These users thanked the author Dickchins for the post:
MiniMpi