The seventh Forum Limited Edition
Sold out
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: FLE #7 update - Feedback needed

Post by Tyke »

I no longer care, I have sent a message cancelling my FLE's although as yet no reply ( not unusual for CW) so I will see how long it takes them to get in touch. Good job I'm not expecting a deposit refund.......
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

That's unfortunate, Tyke. It took some days to digest the news, but now I'm digging the new (old) color. I think it's gonna be a cracker.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Devarika Woulf wrote:That's unfortunate, Tyke. It took some days to digest the news, but now I'm digging the new (old) color. I think it's gonna be a cracker.
Colour isn't the issue, I love the watch and the new colour looks great. The issue is that the latest sales debacles have caused me to question the validity of commiting further funds to a company that can't provide what you order in a timely and well prepared manner. I"ve spent a considerable sum with them over time but I no longer feel comfortable commiting further funds not knowing what if anything will turn up and in what condition. It will arrive.

It will cost me the lost deposits but I won't be putting the residue at risk.
Summerz
Junior
Junior

Post by Summerz »

A friend of mine introduced me to the brand and has pre-ordered one of these. Being new to this forum I'm clearly late to this party but have read this thread through. Just an observation but if you put a deposit down for something and then that product alters, doesn't that give those who put deposits down a right to allow backers an opportunity to change their mind and receive a refund of the deposit?
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Summerz wrote:A friend of mine introduced me to the brand and has pre-ordered one of these. Being new to this forum I'm clearly late to this party but have read this thread through. Just an observation but if you put a deposit down for something and then that product alters, doesn't that give those who put deposits down a right to allow backers an opportunity to change their mind and receive a refund of the deposit?
Possibly, but minor tweaks are splitting hairs in reality, i'll kick the £200 into touch and move on.
Summerz
Junior
Junior

Post by Summerz »

Wow. That's alot of cash to throw away. :-( Wouldn't it be worth buying anyway and then flipping (for full retail or even profit?) or pursue the refund option. I think the latter under consumer law would apply (the changes may be small but are enough to warrant a thread and subsequent discussion/debate). Just saying.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Summerz wrote:Wow. That's alot of cash to throw away. :-( Wouldn't it be worth buying anyway and then flipping (for full retail or even profit?) or pursue the refund option. I think the latter under consumer law would apply (the changes may be small but are enough to warrant a thread and subsequent discussion/debate). Just saying.
Better than chucking another £700+ at it with no confidence in the outcome. We agreed at the start of the process to a no-refund policy to ensure CW actually went ahead with the project, I see no foundation to renege on that nor have any reason to jeopardise anyone else's watches by altering the status quo.
Summerz
Junior
Junior

Post by Summerz »

Is there a waiting list of reserves for anyone who missed out? That could sway a decision should you wish to consider a refund?

Wow, £900 in total for this watch (or have I miscalculated?)
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Scrogg »

Summerz wrote:Wow, £900 in total for this watch (or have I miscalculated?)
Where are you getting that figure? :?
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Tyke wrote: Better than chucking another £700+ at it with no confidence in the outcome. We agreed at the start of the process to a no-refund policy to ensure CW actually went ahead with the project, I see no foundation to renege on that nor have any reason to jeopardise anyone else's watches by altering the status quo.
Bravo Sir! :clap:
I congratulate your ethics. Sorry that you've been made to feel this way but fully understand. I must say, having had a couple of issues myself, (wrong strap on watch, sofa find delivered with broken crown and chipped crystal) this thread and other similar ones have, perversely, cheered me up! I was beginning to think it was me they were picking on! Now I know I'm not a "special target"! :lol:
Steve.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Summerz wrote:Is there a waiting list of reserves for anyone who missed out? That could sway a decision should you wish to consider a refund?

Tyke ordered two. One was for Mrs Tyke.
Steve.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Summerz wrote:Is there a waiting list of reserves for anyone who missed out? That could sway a decision should you wish to consider a refund?

I ordered 2, one for me, one for my wife as she would've been almost certain to want mine when it arrived which wasn't happening.
Summerz
Junior
Junior

Post by Summerz »

Thermexman wrote:

Tyke ordered two. One was for Mrs Tyke.
Ah right, makes sense now. Thanks
Summerz
Junior
Junior

Post by Summerz »

Tyke wrote:

I ordered 2, one for me, one for my wife as she would've been almost certain to want mine when it arrived which wasn't happening.
I have experience in consumer/customer services and if anyone from Christopher Ward is reading this I'd (at least as a goodwill gesture) offer Tyke a refund of his/her deposits. I am sure others will step in and buy the two anyway which means the brand won't lose out financially and probably won't lose a customer/fan (and I'd assume that is a priority too). The deposit it seems is non-refundable as part of the process/contract, however that was based on the original design which prompted the orders. As the design has since changed, however small, after deposits were paid, those who have ordered are within their rights to change their minds and request a refund. Contracts work both ways.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

My FLE's are being cancelled primarily due to other issues and not due to the change of design which doesn't bother me.

Legalities don't really come into it, we negotiated the arrangement largely on trust and IMO that should remain otherwise it might kill any future FLE's.

My choice, my money, my decision to cancel, my loss. End of.