The seventh Forum Limited Edition
Sold out
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: FLE #7 update - Feedback needed

Post by Thegreyman »

The overwhelming sentiment appears to be to crack on. If a few buyers change their mind I would be surprised if there wasn't a queue to buy those spare.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Having just found this thread, I've had the benefit of reading all the posts and seeing the mockups, which has helped me to form my opinion on the matter, a little more easily. I'd be happy to go straight to production, as I don't think the lighter shade ruins the overall look of the watch for me. Thanks for the mockups srs1286. :thumbup:
Steve.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Kip wrote:It is not late. There was no way of knowing until engineering of the dial began.
Late meaning we paid, and now we're stuck with it. I'm not complaining as srs1286's mock-up does look good, but it is what it is. The main thing I'm concerned about is the dark blue band was meant to go with the varnished, while the plated had a bright blue band to match it. There will be a contrast.

Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Devarika Woulf wrote:
Kip wrote:It is not late. There was no way of knowing until engineering of the dial began.
Late meaning we paid, and now we're stuck with it. I'm not complaining as srs1286's mock-up does look good, but it is what it is. The main thing I'm concerned about is the dark blue band was meant to go with the varnished, while the plated had a bright blue band to match it. There will be a contrast.

I don't fully understand what you mean here. From reading the original post by Kip, my understanding is that the outer ring and the sub-dials would be the same finish/colour, irrespective of whether they were varnished or plated. So, the original thought was that they would be the same shade as the current C3. I had no idea how this colour/finish was achieved but just assumed that the ring and dials would be the same shade as each other. Now, as I understand it, we have a different finish and, therefore, a slightly different shade. I don't see any mention of a different finish and shade of blue being used for one of the components and not the other? So the ring and dials will be identical, just a different hue and should be a closer match to the hands than previously.
Steve.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Having had time to reflect and read through the posts...
I think CW need to come back and make suggestions (renderings) with regards to what they can do relating to the finish type and blue for the inner ring, sub dials and hands.
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Aren't CW's blued hands always chemically blued? Can you actually change the shade of that blue?

It's probably only the blue finish of the dial that might be adjustable.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13
LE-five: yes

Post by STodd »

asqwerth wrote:Aren't CW's blued hands always chemically blued? Can you actually change the shade of that blue?

It's probably only the blue finish of the dial that might be adjustable.
That is my view too - we can't change the hand colour.
C60 GMT MkI¦C11 Elite,Pro¦C700 Grande Rapide¦C8 Pilot MkII¦C8 UTC¦C10 FLE#13¦C4 'Phoenix'¦Speedhawk¦Bluebird LE#319¦IRR LE#129¦C1000 FGR4
Omega PO 2201.51.00¦Damasko DA44¦Seiko KS 5621-7020, SRP639¦Luminox 1833¦Newmark 6BB¦Scurfa DiverOne NATO
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I think we are getting some confusion here.

Let me clarify....

The outer track and the sub dials will receive the same treatment and match. the color will be lighter than the drawings and will be similar to the C5 MKII as previously shown.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

StrapMeister wrote:Having had time to reflect and read through the posts...
I think CW need to come back and make suggestions (renderings) with regards to what they can do relating to the finish type and blue for the inner ring, sub dials and hands.
Kip said a decision had to be made within 48 hours which has now passed. Whilst I understand some concerns, without counting back through every response, it must be 90% or so who have concluded that we proceed to ensure delivery by Nov/Dec. So if Kip needs to take a view now, in my book that is a resounding majority....otherwise we will be debating shades of blue for ever and the FLE 2017 will become a FLE 2018.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Unless something else comes up, we are moving forward.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

Good decision Kip. It'll be great.
Robden
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Robden »

Kip wrote:Unless something else comes up, we are moving forward.
:thumbup:
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I think it will still be great. I just did some crude but realistic photoshops of the two colors based on eggtronic's review photos. You can see the Mk III blue is not as dark as the original mock-up, but the Mk II blue is definitely brighter. I feel the new blue works best on the mesh, so I'm thinking of sending an email requesting a strap change. :silent:

Old Blue

New Blue

Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Thanks for the mock ups Joseph :thumbup:
My concern was that the change of colour was going to be too, how can I put it, dark...sort of a blue/grey.
However, if indeed, it turns out as per the New Blue mock up then I'll be happy with that.
I feel the new blue works best on the mesh, so I'm thinking of sending an email requesting a strap change.
+1 - may well do the same 8)
statto
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 11

Post by statto »

Kip wrote:Unless something else comes up, we are moving forward.
This is fine by me.
Cheers

Paul