LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: FLE #7 update - Feedback needed

Post by Kip »

I will wait until tomorrow before notifying CW definitively, but since my second post, 17 say go ahead. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Robden
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Robden »

Kip wrote:I will wait until tomorrow before notifying CW definitively, but since my second post, 17 say go ahead. :)
Maybe some don't know that feed back is required.
A post in the "general discussion" may help??

Rob....
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

Robden wrote:
Kip wrote:I will wait until tomorrow before notifying CW definitively, but since my second post, 17 say go ahead. :)
Maybe some don't know that feed back is required.
A post in the "general discussion" may help??

Rob....
The issue at hand is... The deep navy blue of the original design (pictured below) adds too much thickness to the dial on the FLE.

The blue will actually be slightly lighter in hue and look like the blue as seen on the C3 MKII Chrono (photo below).

I have put together a mock up of the blue from the C3 MKII placed on a C3 MKIII (photo below).

The question Kip needs feedback on is... Are you okay with proceeding to production based on the above information, or should we request an in the flesh prototype? If we move straight to production, we will surely have them by November / December... If we choose to see a prototype, it will delay the process and we will likely not have them before Christmas.
BodHack
CW-watches: 2

Post by BodHack »

Based on the information from Kip, it sounds like this change might actually make the colour match better (and not worse) with the hands - and on that basis I'm happy to proceed. The recent (excellent, thank you srs1286) Photoshop also cements this stance.

However, I anticipate keeping this watch for a decade or more, so waiting a month or two extra is really not a big deal. Do CW, in their experience, have any reservations, or is this just notice of a detail change?
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Wasn't CW supposed to get all these things sorted before they took our deposits? How was the issue found so late? :?

With that said, the photoshop does look real classy, and the old blue matches the hands more (a pet peeve for me during the process). I'm thinking go ahead, but two questions:

1. Is the MkII blue pretty? I've never seen it in person, or in much media.

2. Can anyone photoshop the old blue on the mock with the blue band? I'm not sure if the dark blue band is going to work now. I'm assuming CW will have no problem with many of us emailing to change the strap to tan because of this.

Thanks.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-two: yes

Post by PaulWB »

I think the blue on the face being the same as the Mk2 C3 works for me - so it's a go for me.

Paul
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

Devarika Woulf wrote:Wasn't CW supposed to get all these things sorted before they took our deposits? How was the issue found so late? :?

With that said, the photoshop does look real classy, and the old blue matches the hands more (a pet peeve for me during the process). I'm thinking go ahead, but two questions:

1. Is the MkII blue pretty? I've never seen it in person, or in much media.

2. Can anyone photoshop the old blue on the mock with the blue band? I'm not sure if the dark blue band is going to work now. I'm assuming CW will have no problem with many of us emailing to change the strap to tan because of this.

Thanks.
Take it with a grain of salt, but took the C3 chrono MKII STOCK IMAGE and put it over the FLE STOCK IMAGE.

Colors look different than my "In the wild" mock-up so again keep in mind that these dials and colors vary heavily depending on the lighting. With that said, the proposed blue matches the navy strap better than the original design but shows more contrast between the hands and the dials. I trust Kip's opinion and my "in the wild" mock-up more than the rendering below with regard to the true representation of blue.

SNAFU
Junior
Junior

Post by SNAFU »

I should have paid closer attention, well and truly missed the boat on this but it looks fantastic with either blue. great looking watch
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

SNAFU wrote:I should have paid closer attention, well and truly missed the boat on this but it looks fantastic with either blue. great looking watch
Suggest you pm kip to ask if there is a waiting list, chances are some might cancel orders or return unwanted watches in which case you might as well be there to snap one up.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

My concern is the difference in the blue variation/hue of B and the sub-dials against that of the hands.
I'd rather have it all the same blue.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

StrapMeister wrote:My concern is the difference in the blue variation/hue of B and the sub-dials against that of the hands.
For the record, I don't think it has ever been the same blue but it seems our only option would be to change the color of the minute/hour hands so they are color treated the same as the sub-dials and minute track. Is this possible Kip?

New Blue with Original Hands:
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

srs1286 wrote:
StrapMeister wrote:My concern is the difference in the blue variation/hue of B and the sub-dials against that of the hands.
For the record, I don't think it has ever been the same blue but it seems our only option would be to change the color of the minute/hour hands so they are color treated the same as the sub-dials and minute track. Is this possible Kip?
That does indeed appear to be the case from looking the renderings again but...
It definitely looks more of a contrast with the darker hue blue.

Anyway, it's just an observation and happy enough to go with the majority verdict.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Looking at the 3 renderings above :thumbup: my favourite is still the original design
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

StrapMeister wrote:Looking at the 3 renderings above :thumbup: my favourite is still the original design
Sorry, I think I am now confusing the situation. The original blue cannot be done so I should probably just eliminate that completely. It was simply there for comparison.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Devarika Woulf wrote:Wasn't CW supposed to get all these things sorted before they took our deposits? How was the issue found so late? :?
It is not late. There was no way of knowing until engineering of the dial began. We changed the colors on the dial. Adrian did anticipate the marker issue, but had no way of knowing the application of the color would cause this issue. They are actually ahead of schedule by normal standards as we are only 6 weeks in. They are attempting to get things settled before the August shutdown so they will remain on schedule. If we go straight to production, the dials can be ordered now. If not, they order a prototype and wait for approvals before ordering. After approval, then the dials get made.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.