Post by srs1286 »

:respect:
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: FLE #7 Final Drawings

Post by Thegreyman »

Kip wrote:Let me be as clear about this as I can.

The Admin Team has discussed this ad nauseum. I have also discussed this at great length with CW.

Based on prior FLE experiences (I have been through them all), plus the fact that only 63 were willing to commit to the FLE....plus this FLE will require a deposit and a 5-6 month wait, it has been determined that this FLE #7 will be a limited edition of 50 pieces.

It is our intent, and that of CW to sell through all of the units so it does not need to appear on the CW website to sell off any remaining units. We believe that a run of 50 will be about right. We have no intentions, at this time, of extending the run regardless of the quantity of deposits or the size of a potential waiting list.

We do not want anyone to be disappointed, but this is the most prudent way to proceed, based on our history with FLE's, both for us and CW.

I will give at least 24 hours notice prior to posting the reservation procedures to give as many as possible a chance to reserve. I will also post on the forum Twitter account. Our experience with mass emails has been negative so that will not happen.
Kip. Thanks for the clarification and I appreciate the prior experience (presumably lots of positive noises and comments don't always equate to hard cash deposits when push comes to shove) and CW wanting to sell them all first time round.

What I wasn't totally clear on though...will CW accept deposits from all those who are willing to do so i.e. > 50 (I'm guessing yes to ensure that if any drop out 5 months later then there are still enough buyers).

When we actually get towards the end of the year and the FLE is ready to ship, will it be a first come, first served in terms of which people who reserved with a deposit are quickest to pay the balance to get their watch...or will there be some kind of draw to select the 50...all assuming of course that there is potentially surplus demand.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Robden
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Robden »

MMmmmmmm! 24hr notice? It could be all over by the time some peeps get up, in different time zones/countries.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

^^^ The way I understand it is that we will take 50 deposits from the first 50 requests. In addition to this we will have a wait-list for anyone who does not get one of the 50.

In the event that one (or several) of the original 50 cannot complete the transaction, those watches would be offered to the wait-list on a first-come-first-served basis.

This process is very similar to that operated by other forums for limited editions.
Richard
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

Robden wrote:MMmmmmmm! 24hr notice? It could be all over by the time some peeps get up, in different time zones/countries.
Giving 24 hours notice means everyone will know when the reservation goes live, so depending on where you are it's given fair warning to set your alarms etc. Unless you sleep for more than 24 hours at a time..... :D
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

downer wrote:^^^ The way I understand it is that we will take 50 deposits from the first 50 requests. In addition to this we will have a wait-list for anyone who does not get one of the 50.

In the event that one (or several) of the original 50 cannot complete the transaction, those watches would be offered to the wait-list on a first-come-first-served basis.

This process is very similar to that operated by other forums for limited editions.
Noted, makes sense. Thanks Richard.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Will deposits be refundable, if someone changes their mind about completing when the balance is due?

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

nbg wrote:Will deposits be refundable, if someone changes their mind about completing when the balance is due?

Neil
I'm sure that will be announced as part of the reservation process.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

nbg wrote:Will deposits be refundable, if someone changes their mind about completing when the balance is due?

Neil
Whilst a fully refundable deposit is great, if you have to fall back on your commitment, it isn't really much of a commitment, if you think about it. It could mean that a genuinely committed buyer misses a slot because a ditherer had nothing to lose by reserving a watch he wasn't sure he'd purchase? Just my tuppence worth.
Steve.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Thermexman wrote:

Neil
Whilst a fully refundable deposit is great, if you have to fall back on your commitment, it isn't really much of a commitment, if you think about it. It could mean that a genuinely committed buyer misses a slot because a ditherer had nothing to lose by reserving a watch he wasn't sure he'd purchase? Just my tuppence worth.
I agree with you.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

I think the deposit should be refundable, as there are many reasons why someone may have to drop out and not just because they are a ditherer.

Job loss, illness, family circumstances to name a few.

I understand what you mean about another person missing out, but a non refundable deposit to me seems a bit harsh.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Or as simple as it not looking right on your wrist or just not as nice in the flesh
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

TheBeatles wrote:I think the deposit should be refundable, as there are many reasons why someone may have to drop out and not just because they are a ditherer.

Job loss, illness, family circumstances to name a few.

I understand what you mean about another person missing out, but a non refundable deposit to me seems a bit harsh.
I totally understand what you're saying and can see how any of us could find ourselves in any of these situations but non refundable deposits are pretty common throughout commerce. I'm sure that extenuating circumstances can be brought into any refund conversation. Just don't make it a given and don't make it too easy? I've just heaved up a £500 deposit on a car with absolutely no chance of a refund! It's just one of life's many gambles.
Steve.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

golfjunky wrote:Or as simple as it not looking right on your wrist or just not as nice in the flesh
That's a different thing! Its covered by the usual 60/60 guarantee.
Steve.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Ah yes, my mistake
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.