LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

C3 drawings from CW

Post by Kip »

Here are the C3 drawings freshly received from CW.

We can chew on these and discuss for a couple of days, but we will need to go forth very soon if we are to get these in our hands by year end.

I think the photos and descriptions are pretty self explanatory, but I shall follow up with some more facts as soon as I get some answers. The +£75 adjustment already includes all changes shown.

Note that Alternative #1 and #2 do not have the cutout indexes as the regular C3 and Forum Version shows. These cannot be done with a 2 tone dial as we submitted. As a result the indexes will all be raised.

Discuss away.....

Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13

Re: C3 drawings from CW

Post by STodd »

Possibly a silly question...but what's the difference between 'forum version' and 'alternative #01'?

I'm struggling to spot the difference... :oops:

EDIT: is it just the markers at 3 and 9?

EDIT2: see it now.... :silent:
C60 GMT MkI¦C11 Elite,Pro¦C700 Grande Rapide¦C8 Pilot MkII¦C8 UTC¦C10 FLE#13¦C4 'Phoenix'¦Speedhawk¦Bluebird LE#319¦IRR LE#129¦C1000 FGR4
Omega PO 2201.51.00¦Damasko DA44¦Seiko KS 5621-7020, SRP639¦Luminox 1833¦Newmark 6BB¦Scurfa DiverOne NATO
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Alternative #01 for me, as I like the raised indices all the way around. And Backplate #01 looks good too.

The other alternatives are not really what we voted on, i.e. they are too far removed from the winning design. I'm not sure that, if they had been included in the poll, that they would have won. So we shouldn't really be swayed by them now, IMHO. However, I do like some of the detailing on Alternatives #03 and #04, including the tachymeter ring - but that should be for another watch, not FLE #7.

Just my views.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by ciclismosam »

welshlad wrote:Alternative #01 for me, as I like the raised indices all the way around. And Backplate #01 looks good too.

The other alternatives are not really what we voted on, i.e. they are too far removed from the winning design. I'm not sure that, if they had been included in the poll, that they would have won. So we shouldn't really be swayed by them now, IMHO. However, I do like some of the detailing on Alternatives #03 and #04, including the tachymeter ring - but that should be for another watch, not FLE #7.

Just my views.
+1 here
Family CWLs: C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase, C1 Worldtimer, C5 Malvern Quartz in Purple, C900 Single Pusher 148/250
My CWLs: C3 Mk II Malvern in Green, C3 2017 FLE 31/50, C60 51 Squadron Trident 300
https://www.instagram.com/thesambrower/
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by PaulWB »

Alternative No 1 really works and is true to the forum design - great design work by CWL.

I also like the colours in Alternative No 4 - hopefully CWL will produce this one themselves.

EDIT 1 - Just noticed they have called it FLE 2017
EDIT 2 - Price increase of 75 GBP is pretty good over the base price for the mods in the FLE

Paul
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Alternative #01 and Backplate #01 for me too.

The backplate looks amazing, can I wear that on the front :D
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

#1 is a great representation of the design that one, particularly with the #1 backplate.

Personally, quite like the #3 with the Tachymeter scales and numerals on the dial. Gives it a pilot/military look.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z Premium using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Kip wrote:Image

Your 2017 FLE, Ladies and Gentleman! What a great birthday gift. :thumbup:

PS: Wow, Kip. That C60 Alternative #1 with the black and orange is spectacular! Tell CW to turn that into a normal model; it would sell bucketloads. :shock:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Yes alternative #01 and backplate #01 both look how I had hoped...excellent :thumbup: I'm definitely still a buyer.

Credit to CW as the other alternatives presented look good too, although not really what we really voted on, but might make interesting new variants for the C3 going forward.

By the way, if this all goes ahead, imo Steve (@welshlad) should be given first dibs on the FLE number he wants given the significant time and effort he has put into this year's FLE including all the superb mock ups etc. :clap:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by STodd »

Devarika Woulf wrote:
PS: Wow, Kip. That C60 Alternative #1 with the black and orange is spectacular! Tell CW to turn that into a normal model; it would sell bucketloads. :shock:
Where is this..?
C60 GMT MkI¦C11 Elite,Pro¦C700 Grande Rapide¦C8 Pilot MkII¦C8 UTC¦C10 FLE#13¦C4 'Phoenix'¦Speedhawk¦Bluebird LE#319¦IRR LE#129¦C1000 FGR4
Omega PO 2201.51.00¦Damasko DA44¦Seiko KS 5621-7020, SRP639¦Luminox 1833¦Newmark 6BB¦Scurfa DiverOne NATO
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by STodd »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:#1 is a great representation of the design that one, particularly with the #1 backplate.

Personally, quite like the #3 with the Tachymeter scales and numerals on the dial. Gives it a pilot/military look.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z Premium using Tapatalk
+1

I also think #3 looks good....
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

STodd wrote:
Devarika Woulf wrote:
Where is this..?

It's on the Photobucket photos but it shows the Forum version and others as black (or is that a VERY dark blue) but the C60 Forum choice was Blue and Orange. Not that it matters much as we're having the C3 as 2017 FLE.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Thegreyman wrote:Yes alternative #01 and backplate #01 both look how I had hoped...excellent :thumbup: I'm definitely still a buyer.

Credit to CW as the other alternatives presented look good too, although not really what we really voted on, but might make interesting new variants for the C3 going forward.

By the way, if this all goes ahead, imo Steve (@welshlad) should be given first dibs on the FLE number he wants given the significant time and effort he has put into this year's FLE including all the superb mock ups etc. :clap:
Agree with this on all points - I'd buy any of these but I'd be happy buying Alternative 01 with Backplate 01 as the 2017 FLE.
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Alternative 01, Backplate 01.

The backplate is very nice.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
ziphos
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by ziphos »

I think alternative #1 is a great representation of the direction that the forum discussions went and would make a great FLE with backplate #1. I'm ready to place my deposit? :thumbup:

I also very much like alternative #3, but that isn't the FLE we wanted.

I definitely agree with the idea that Welshlad should get first choice of serial number for his photoshop work. :clap:
CW C60 pro 300, C60 pro 600, C60 pro 600 GMT, C60 Titanium V2, C65 Trident Classic, C7 Rapide, C63
Omega Speedmaster Professional, Speedmaster Racing, Seamaster (1950's)
Breitling 2x Aerospace
Also: Borealis Bulova Casio Scurfa