The seventh Forum Limited Edition
Sold out
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: C3 drawings from CW

Post by TheBeatles »

matski171 wrote:Will the FLE have the same warranty as the website watches?

Matt
Yes, same 60/60 warranty
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
matski171
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by matski171 »

Good to know, I really did not think the 60 day return would be there as it was voted by us. :thumbup:
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

matski171 wrote:Good to know, I really did not think the 60 day return would be there as it was voted by us. :thumbup:
Although not involved, as I only joined September last year, I am sure this has been mentioned as being the case for other FLEs.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by rgb »

Alt 4 + Backplate 01 for me. I'd preferred the true two-tone face blue and white version over the dinky blue ring around a white face of the current offerings. So I say let's go champagne.
Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

downer wrote:
It's still only you that's stopping you. :)
Yup, but still can't get past the ELC aspect. Certainly the hardest 'current' watch so far to turn down, wouldn't give the standard ones a home but that panda is something else.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

matski171 wrote:Not too sure either, but surely you will have a choice as there is about 6 choices on the CW website for that modal?
Of course. I imagine you will have your choice between the standard Oak straps, or the upgraded Cordovan straps. I'm not sure if I should have have a alligator with blue stitching made, or just go for a Cordovan with Bader. :-k
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Tyke wrote:
downer wrote:It's still only you that's stopping you. :)
Yup, but still can't get past the ELC aspect. Certainly the hardes 'currentt' watch so far to turn down, wouldn't give the standard ones a home but that panda is something else.
It's a unique watch that pops, and one I think people will want to check out on your wrist. The new logo looks great too; it's the best it's ever gonna look on a CW watch. The only thing it has going against it is the movement because looks-wise it's a 10/10. :thumbup:

Joseph.
matski171
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by matski171 »

Devarika Woulf wrote:
matski171 wrote:Not too sure either, but surely you will have a choice as there is about 6 choices on the CW website for that modal?
Of course. I imagine you will have your choice between the standard Oak straps, or the upgraded Cordovan straps. I'm not sure if I should have have a alligator with blue stitching made, or just go for a Cordovan with Bader. :-k
Just looked on the website and I am liking the blue embossed leather and also the blue cordovan too. I think a blue strap would be sweet with this watch.
matski171
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by matski171 »

Devarika Woulf wrote:
Tyke wrote:
downer wrote:It's still only you that's stopping you. :)
Yup, but still can't get past the ELC aspect. Certainly the hardes 'currentt' watch so far to turn down, wouldn't give the standard ones a home but that panda is something else.
It's a unique watch that pops, and one I think people will want to check out on your wrist. The new logo looks great too; it's the best it's ever gonna look on a CW watch. The only thing it has going against it is the movement because looks-wise it's a 10/10. :thumbup:
The movement is not swinging me 100% just yet. What was the reason behind the quartz movement?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I will let the rest of the inmates answer this question.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Kip wrote:I will let the rest of the inmates answer this question.
I'm thinking it was price that steered most to the Quartz, not sure we would've gotten enough takers to proceed with an Auto.

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

The C3 has been out for years and has been through 3 versions. It has always been a quartz chronograph. There was never any expectation that it would be anything other than quartz.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DEV.Woulf »

The Quartz C3 was one of CW's first two watches alongside the Automatic C5. Those two watches have remained the same with each new generation. So being that this C3 is brand new with an improvement in quality, it makes sense to use it as a Panda dial. Unfortunately, in recent years CW have been moving away from Automatic chronographs. Even if the C3 was an Automatic, the chance of it getting voted as the FLE was slim as the cost would be over $1000. A Panda dial really suits the C3; in my opinion. I have the first two C3s, and they sit great next to my Automatics.

Joseph.
matski171
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by matski171 »

Devarika Woulf wrote:The Quartz C3 was one of CW's first two watches alongside the Automatic C5. Those two watches have remained the same with each new generation. So being that this C3 is brand new with an improvement in quality, it makes sense to use it as a Panda dial. Unfortunately, in recent years CW have been moving away from Automatic chronographs. Even if the C3 was an Automatic, the chance of it getting voted as the FLE was slim as the cost would be over $1000. A Panda dial really suits the C3; in my opinion. I have the first two C3s, and they sit great next to my Automatics.
Wow did not know it would cost that much to add a auto movement.

Still not too sure what everyone means about a panda dial? Is it the small dials in the centre of the watch if so the current line up has that.

Has anyone have a picture of all the C3's together?
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Kip posted this in the Gallery...
Kip wrote: A quick dial comparison of all 3 C3 Malverns.
L to R....C3 GWG, C3 MKII-SGWT, C03-39QCH3-S00W0-OC (with Bader Buckle)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)