LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: Determination Poll

Post by Kip »

StrapMeister wrote:
I don't see it as worrisome UNLESS you want a C5 or C60.
This poll is not strictly about what you want nor what your favorite is. This poll is about what would you buy.

Examples........If not enough members would buy a 38mm C60 then it will get dropped from the submissions list to CW. If not enough members support either size and the support is sufficient for the C3 and/or the C5 then both C60's get dropped.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Matta
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by Matta »

Kip wrote:
StrapMeister wrote:
I don't see it as worrisome UNLESS you want a C5 or C60.
This poll is not strictly about what you want nor what your favorite is. This poll is about what would you buy.

Examples........If not enough members would buy a 38mm C60 then it will get dropped from the submissions list to CW. If not enough members support either size and the support is sufficient for the C3 and/or the C5 then both C60's get dropped.

Question:
- If we stay as it is now, with probably one more vote goes to C60 in whatever variant, what happens then ?
C5 doesn't have 50 votes, but C60 in both variants combined have 50 votes (but not when singled out). Maybe C60 in 1 variant would have enough people for pass ?
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Matta wrote: Question:
- If we stay as it is now, with probably one more vote goes to C60 in whatever variant, what happens then ?
C5 doesn't have 50 votes, but C60 in both variants combined have 50 votes (but not when singled out). Maybe C60 in 1 variant would have enough people for pass ?
As Welshlad stated above, everyone has 4 votes so if people like the C60 but preferred the larger size they may well already voted for both options and still could....ergo there may not be any/many more votes if only one variant was an option.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Kip wrote:This poll is not strictly about what you want nor what your favorite is. This poll is about what would you buy. Examples........If not enough members would buy a 38mm C60 then it will get dropped from the submissions list to CW. If not enough members support either size and the support is sufficient for the C3 and/or the C5 then both C60's get dropped.
That is what is happening though. I mean clearly the C3 is winning and that's the direction forum is going. Not so worrying. When the C3 wins, we can all just move on to the next step and be done with this.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DEV.Woulf »

After much thinking the C3 has gotten my vote. I own several quartz watches despite recently becoming a Quartzophobic. I tend to associate special or limited watches with automatics so getting all jacked up for a quartz was hard. I did remember that one of my favorite watches ever (the Omega Seamaster in GoldenEye) was a quartz and in the end, it all feels the same on the wrist.

As both a sports and dress watch, this is a really unique piece; even compared to the Seiko it might be based on. Of the all the FLEs that have come out thus far, only the Scooter is high coveted. When it's all said and done I feel the Panda will join it as a piece people will wish they didn't miss. With the quality increase to the case/dial, and a two-tone display, this might be the best FLE yet.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

I am also curious how many votes a quartz version of the blue/orange C60 would have gotten. This C60 300 version was suggested a few times but never made it to the first elimination poll. Price of the C60 automatic may have played an important part in getting less votes. Instead of the 38mm, the 43mm C60 300 quartz may have been a better competitor for the C3 quartz as it would have been the same price of £350 + modification cost.

Darn it.. I want a blue/orange C60...! Automatic or quartz, I don't care. :D
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

nordwulf wrote:I am also curious how many votes a quartz version of the blue/orange C60 would have gotten. This was suggested a few times but never made it to the first elimination poll. Price of the C60 automatic may have played an important part in getting less votes. Instead of the 38mm, the 43mm C60 300 quartz may have been a better competitor for the C3 quartz as it would have been the same price of £350 + modification cost.

Darn it.. I want a blue/orange C60...! Automatic or quartz, I don't care. :D
You make some good points. I too, would love an blue/orange C60
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Looks like it's going to be the C3 which has been my favourite from the start having had significant input into the design.

Is it too early to reserve numbers? If not, may I put my marker in for number 11?
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

FloridaPhil wrote:Looks like it's going to be the C3 which has been my favourite from the start having had significant input into the design.

Is it too early to reserve numbers? If not, may I put my marker in for number 11?
Yes you can, if I can have the fab 4
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I'm afraid it's far too early to start reserving particular numbers.

Kip will keep you informed of each part of the process as he always does.

I think I know someone who will be vying for #11 so you had better stay up all night in the US when the lights go green.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
snookssec
Junior
Junior

Post by snookssec »

Devarika Woulf wrote:After much thinking the C3 has gotten my vote. I own several quartz watches despite recently becoming a Quartzophobic. I tend to associate special or limited watches with automatics so getting all jacked up for a quartz was hard. I did remember that one of my favorite watches ever (the Omega Seamaster in GoldenEye) was a quartz and in the end, it all feels the same on the wrist.

As both a sports and dress watch, this is a really unique piece; even compared to the Seiko it might be based on. Of the all the FLEs that have come out thus far, only the Scooter is high coveted. When it's all said and done I feel the Panda will join it as a piece people will wish they didn't miss. With the quality increase to the case/dial, and a two-tone display, this might be the best FLE yet.
Right there with you! I found it VERY difficult to vote for a quartz, however, the design is a winner. I also voted for C60 43mm and C5 V2. My preference would be either one of these over the C3.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Looks like only the C3 has sufficient support to be considered for the 2017 FLE.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

nbg wrote:Looks like only the C3 has sufficient support to be considered for the 2017 FLE.

Neil
D'ya think that 69 is enough though?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk